MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Mark Furman was asked last night on Megan Kelly, have you ever seen a GJ being convened this quickly?

To which he replied. "Yes, in third world countries."

I tend to doubt that Fuhrman has observed Grand Juries in foreign countries..............JMO

<sniped - read more>

Fox News Megyn Kelly & Confronts Pastor for Reversing Al Sharpton Criticism

White, though, said that he believes Officer Darren Wilson &#8220;is guilty.&#8221;

&#8220;He&#8217;s guilty of the unrest that has been caused by his actions,&#8221; he said, with Kelly pressing him to explain how he can be so sure. White continued, &#8220;Well, I know that because six shots, two to the head over an unarmed suspect who put his hands up.&#8221;

Kelly, though, vehemently disagreed.

&#8220;You cannot stand up and assert as fact as [Sharpton] did that Michael Brown posed no deadly threat,&#8221; she said. &#8220;If you had the answers, if Al Sharpton did, if the governor did, we wouldn&#8217;t need these 12 people to convene tomorrow and tell us whether this case should proceed.&#8221;

Watch the exchange below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKkbieKkliI

The look on his face, lol! He looked like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Al Sharpton got to him good during that meeting. He went from saying AS and JJ were not helping and just there for a photo op, to parroting AS.

Is this a proven fact? JMO

Yes. It is.

Links are on this thread. I'm leaving for school carpool, if you haven't found it when I get back, I'll find a link for you.

Had a post that don't think went through clarifying my earlier post.

I am NOT suggesting that if no indictment is obtained that the prosecuting attorney has failed to do his job.

I had posited a question and asking for opinions concerning what evidence the prosecuting attorney will present to a GJ. Under one reading of the statutes, it would seem they are to only put on evidence that support an indictment, not evidence that a defense attorney would present, such as evidence that supports justification. As I said, IF IF IF IF IF IF that is accurate, then in that circumstance I would question the prosecuting attorney if no indictment is obtained because he would only be telling less than half of the story. But that was only IF IF IF IF IF that assumption were correct.

One poster has indicated it is accurate, that the prosecuting attorney presents evidence that supports the prosecution of the defendant and not evidence that supports a defense. Other posters have indicated they will put on ALL evidence (in which case, I said the prosecuting attorney could do his job vigorously and still not get an indictment).

I think I had put it in the post that didn't go through but I have a childhood friend that I will see tomorrow who is on McCulloch's staff (for all I know he is one of them presenting the evidence) and I will ask him, in a general sense, what kind of evidence the prosecuting attorney presents, ALL of it or just that which supports prosecution. If I'm allowed to, I will pass it along but I am not verified or anything more than just a local. Regardless, I won't ask him anything case specific out of respect to him and the process (other than if he's handling it because I'm dying to know).

I just wanted to make it clear, because the question posed by the poster may leave that impression:

I AM NOT SAYING THAT A NO INDICTMENT MEANS THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY DIDN'T DO HIS JOB IF THEIR JOB IS TO PRESENT ALL THE EVIDENCE.

Caps to draw attention, not yelling. All the rest just my opinion thoughts and questions.

Did the GJ meet in a secret location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying that if there is no indictment, the prosecutor is not doing his job?

If the prosecutor does NOT believe that there is probable cause that a crime was committed and that the crime was committed by the officer, he should NOT be seeking a Grand Jury indictment. Period. JMO

Just wondering if the governor making such an irresponsible statement about prosecuting Officer Wilson could be considered willful misconduct? Anyone?

If the prosecutor does NOT believe that there is probable cause that a crime was committed and that the crime was committed by the officer, he should NOT be seeking a Grand Jury indictment. Period. JMO

So much this ^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catching up, I'm not sure if my original answer has been expanded on.

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-86.aspx

BBM

This case will be interesting, b/c some of what a prosecutor typically relies upon to seek an indictment might actually absolve Wilson of any wrong doing. Forensics, autopsy, etc., etc., usually point toward guilt of the "defendant."

Again, please don't take this as questioning the prosecuting attorney. I am more confused of the position he is in more than anything. Would it not be his job then to present those forensics and autopsy report in such a manner that it doesn't absolve Wilson? And if the evidence absolves Wilson, is he putting on the hat of a defense attorney by putting it out there? I suppose a lot of it is up to the jurors and what they request, which takes it out of the hands of McCulloch.

All I would hope is that this GJ presentation is handled just like any other one. If a prosecuting attorney typically presents evidence that is usually thought of as being presented by a defense attorney, then present this time. If a prosecuting attorney usually does not present ALL the evidence, then don't present ALL the evidence this time. That consistency in applying the laws and how the justice system works is part of what leads to the anger and hatred within the community. Just do it like you always do.

I do think politics are involved in seeking an indictment. To appease certain people. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther