GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder what role him being a coach and teacher played in the delay of the Amber Alert, if any. Did LE think that because he had those jobs, he must not have any violence against children offenses, and thus would be unlikely to kill her? Did they think that maybe he was just giving her a ride, and it was just a case of poor judgment? Would an Amber Alert have been given out sooner if he was an RSO?
In one of the early descriptions, they gave his age as 45, not a approx age. I felt they knew who they were looking for once they ran the tags. That is prob why Hailey walked up to the car-because she knew who she was.

They is prob why they delayed the AA because they knew she had gotten into a car with a teacher and only activated it when she did not end up home.

It's being reported that her body has been found Mrs.g.

In one of the early descriptions, they gave his age as 45, not a approx age. I felt they knew who they were looking for once they ran the tags. That is prob why Hailey walked up to the car-because she knew who she was.

They is prob why they delayed the AA because they knew she had gotten into a car with a teacher and only activated it when she did not end up home.

And since he was an ISS teacher, did he know any of LE personally? Maybe they had to go to the school to deal with an unruly student, who was in ISS at the time, or something similar? So they hear that Hailey took a ride with him, and are like, "Oh Craig's a great guy, blah blah" and don't think this is going to turn out like it did.

The Police have not confirmed that they have found her body, however family is talking to the media and he was booked on 1st degree murder charges.

I really wonder what role him being a coach and teacher played in the delay of the Amber Alert, if any. Did LE think that because he had those jobs, he must not have any violence against children offenses, and thus would be unlikely to kill her? Did they think that maybe he was just giving her a ride, and it was just a case of poor judgment? Would an Amber Alert have been given out sooner if he was an RSO?

I'm not sure but I wouldn't think so. It looks like the local LE hit the ground running on this case. They did locate him pretty fast. So they may have been so busy looking for him that they were delayed in putting out the AA. Of course they should have put out an Amber Alert immediately but I do think LE was looking for this man from moment one.

Most child abductors kill their victim in a very short time from when they kidnapped them.:(

And since he was an ISS teacher, did he know any of LE personally? Maybe they had to go to the school to deal with an unruly student, who was in ISS at the time, or something similar? So they hear that Hailey took a ride with him, and are like, "Oh Craig's a great guy, blah blah" and don't think this is going to turn out like it did.
Eye witnesses say he drove up and down the street several times...he obviously was waiting for her..and if someone had stopped him, he would have just said he was a teacher at the school..def premeditated.imo

Have they found her body?
http://www.news-leader.com/article/...raig-michael-wood-hailey-owens?nclick_check=1

this says ^ they are not confirming anything and the AA is still active?
Police would not say whether they were still searching for Owens. Kansas City news station KMBC reported the girl’s body had been found, but police spokeswoman Lisa Cox said she was not able to confirm that report.

City spokeswoman Cora Scott said the search has not been called off. The Amber alert issued last night is still active. Scott said Owens’ family has been given the same information that has been released publicly.

Williams said police efforts would be focused on the Stanford Street crime scene.

He expected more information to be available later this morning.

What is an ISS Teacher?

I just read about this case from fb this morning and came here, skipping midway and reading. I'm so sad for this little girl and her family. We always taught our kids NO adult EVER needs help from a child. But you never know what the situation could be....I"m surprised he didn't use the "lost dog" theory rather than the directions bs. That little girl was probably only alive for 30 min if that....the Amber Alert alerting via cell phones would have made a difference I think :(

Kidnapping suspect was school district employee
Amber alert 'in the process of being cancelled'

<snipped>
Police arrested Craig Michael Wood about 8 p.m. on Stanford Street, in the truck believed to have been used in the abduction of 10-year-old Hailey Owens, chief Paul Williams said this morning.

A Springfield Public Schools employee database shows Craig M. Wood was hired in August 1998 as a paraprofessional for in-school suspension. A 2012-13 salary list published by the district shows he was still working as a para for ISS, making $17,220, as of last year.

A current staff list on the Pleasant View Middle School website shows a Craig Wood working this year, as well.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20140219/NEWS12/302190065/craig-michael-wood-hailey-owens?nclick_check=1&sf22995267=1

Springfield School Superintendent statement confirmed Craig Michael Woods has been employed by the Springfield School District since August 1998. He was employed as para professional and a coach and has been suspended pending this investigation. (paraphrased from live feed--I'm not that good at this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500