Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

IMO, it's not odd, it's because LE are still investigating that exact issue.

JMO, but either:
- the manner of death can't be conclusively proven solely by the autopsy (there was a gunshot wound), therefore police are trying to trace the exact sequence of events, since homicide can be staged as suicide and suicide can be staged as homicide.
Or
- LE are investigating homicide and, to aid their investigation, don't want to reveal any evidence, even to the family, because they don't want the potential murderer(s) to know what they know.

I can think of cases that fall under both scenarios, where it was a full year before the ruling on the nature of the death was released, namely Rita Maze, and Kouri Richens.

JMO

Those are logical assumptions to make, but LE hasn't said any of that. Many of us have followed some very complicated cases that took many years to prosecute. But they always say whether it was foul play or suicide or accident or undetermined or something.

They don't have to reveal autopsy reports, but if they're undecided they should report to the family and the public (via the news media) a minimal amount of information that says "Hey, it was a murder or we're undecided". They don't have to reveal information that hinders the investigation. It's about transparency.

Take the Rhoden Family Massacre as an example. 8 family members dead in 4 different homes. The investigation took 3 years before arrests were made. During that time they issued very brief descriptions of COD - gunshot wounds, mostly. The Ohio AG went to the Ohio Supreme Court to keep the final autopsy reports under wraps. 4 members of another family were arrested for the murders. Two pleaded guilty and testified against the others. The third was found guilty at trial and the dad will probably be convicted next year - 8 years later. It took a long time, but revealing the cause of death didn't hinder the investigation or convictions. It can be done.

JMO, I trust the family and the news reporter on this case. I suspect its not just a matter of the coroner(?) not allowing anyone in the family to ID their brother's body. It's also a question of how he was ID'd and whether the autopsy was conducted in a way that will allow LE to successfully prosecute his killer, if foul play was involved.

I'm trying to recall if there's been a case I followed here in which so much time has passed before investigators revealed if the deceased was a victim of foul play, accident/illness or suicide. It does seem unusual they stated that the AR results would only be released when the case is closed. ????? That's unusual and the family has a right to be concerned about it.

BTW, Benton County, AR does have a Coroner, not a Medical Examiner. Just some unrelated trivia - Benton County is the home of Walmart's corporate heaquarters.

The coroner's office doesn't have any MDs on staff, but they do have a retired CNA, and PHD forensic RN.
Ah. I could be wrong but I don't think the doctor was autopsied in Benton Co. Dr Forsyth's body was transported to Little Rock, AR to the Arkansas Crime Lab. The Benton Co. coroner made a comment about the Crime Lab being backed up and way behind in producing lab results just like we hear in nearly every case these days since covid.

Investigators say the body of 49-year-old Dr. John Forsyth was found by a kayaker in Beaver Lake outside of Rogers, Arkansas on May 30. The body was transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy. The report lists the cause of death as a gunshot wound. May 31, 2023

Cause of Death for Doctor from Cassville Released - 93.3 KWTO​

Ah. I could be wrong but I don't think the doctor was autopsied in Benton Co. Dr Forsyth's body was transported to Little Rock, AR to the Arkansas Crime Lab. The Benton Co. coroner made a comment about the Crime Lab being backed up and way behind in producing lab results just like we hear in nearly every case these days since covid.

Investigators say the body of 49-year-old Dr. John Forsyth was found by a kayaker in Beaver Lake outside of Rogers, Arkansas on May 30. The body was transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy. The report lists the cause of death as a gunshot wound. May 31, 2023

Cause of Death for Doctor from Cassville Released - 93.3 KWTO

Correct, as I mentioned above, Benton Co has only a coroner, not a medical examiner.

It's odd the Coroner hasn't announced whether the COD was suicide, accident, illness, foul play, etc. and that the Coroner is not a physician and that the office has no physicians on staff. JMO I could be wrong, but it seems that might be cause for concern, especially if Dr Forsyth was a victim of foul play, with the possibility high quality forensic evidence is needed when of one or more perps go to trial.

ETA: JMO, it seems reasonable for the family to ask for a few more details about how COD was determined and whether your brother was the victim of foul play. If his death was the result of foul play, there likely are details they won't divulge until an arrest is made, but basic information is standard.
The COD (cause of death) has been established as a gunshot, but the MOD (manner of death) suicide, accident, homicide or undetermined hasn't and is much more difficult in circumstances like these.

The COD (cause of death) has been established as a gunshot, but the MOD (manner of death) suicide, accident, homicide or undetermined hasn't and is much more difficult in circumstances like these.
Yes, its difficult for the victims' family, friends and co-workers. Probably also concerning for those who live in the area and are concerned it could happen again. JMO

Its very reassuring to know that local reporters are continuing to keep the public updated.

Well, the cousin + his brother were the ones in the interview so thats all we can *for sure* say were entertaining the idea of a coverup. It just seems like such a long, stretching jump to me, but I am not in their shoes.
Having followed this from the beginning I have watched many interviews with the brother Richard, read all the msm etc.
I think it’s fair to say that pretty much until the family finds out what happened to their brother that they are entertaining many scenarios-which Richard always mentions, so this LE coverup was mentioned as a scenario but imo it’s certainly not a strong contender on their list
It was talked about a bit ago here On these threads iirc. Many posters pointed out all the ways the coroner would have to identify the body etc. So his identity would have been confirmed. Unless of course the coroners office was in on it.
Also the family has means $$$$. If they really think this is an LE coverup they could have the body exhumed, have PI’s investigating etc.
JMO

Where’s the updates?? This isn’t making sense. Personally knew him and spent hours with him. <modsnip>
Thank you very much for your input. And thank you for joining in on the thread.
We all care about the victim, in this case Dr. John Forsythe.

And, as you, are waiting for information from LE.
Why is it taking so long? That’s my question as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
No updates??
There is a journalist at KY3 out there in Missouri ( her articles have been posted on these threads).
If you follow her Facebook page Elizabeth VonMetre she indicated yesterday she will be posting more this week.
Partial post from yesterday :
“Dr. John Forsyth Update:

Many of you have been following this case closely and have noticed things have been quiet. I agree. I know that there is a lot going on in the background.

This case is very much still open and evidence is still being gathered as I type this. Working these sorts of stories I know one thing: cases go cold. We live in a time where we can combat that.

This week I will be sharing never-before-seen photos, extended interviews, and new information about the case daily right here on Facebook. I'll also reshare some stuff I've posted before to make sure people are caught up. Why Facebook? Because I want as many eyes on this as possible. “

Here is her link for fb which I believe is fine to post since she is msm

JMO

There is a journalist at KY3 out there in Missouri ( her articles have been posted on these threads).
If you follow her Facebook page Elizabeth VonMetre she indicated yesterday she will be posting more this week.
Partial post from yesterday :
“Dr. John Forsyth Update:

Many of you have been following this case closely and have noticed things have been quiet. I agree. I know that there is a lot going on in the background.

This case is very much still open and evidence is still being gathered as I type this. Working these sorts of stories I know one thing: cases go cold. We live in a time where we can combat that.

This week I will be sharing never-before-seen photos, extended interviews, and new information about the case daily right here on Facebook. I'll also reshare some stuff I've posted before to make sure people are caught up. Why Facebook? Because I want as many eyes on this as possible. “

Here is her link for fb which I believe is fine to post since she is msm

JMO
Thank you!

The story tightens and becomes more cohesive. Investigators have been on this case 6 months.

The good doctor Forsyth is not verified as having driven his Infinity to the place where it was found parked. RIP

It is a rumor that he was seen walking around on cctv. Uh, oh.

LE doesn't know who was driving his car but is the white SUV still a part of the picture at the Aquatic Center?

Blessings to his many precious children, family and loved ones who are without him this Season.

JMHOO

Last edited:
The good doctor Forsyth is not verified as having driven his Infinity to the place where it was found parked. RIP

LE doesn't know who was driving his car but is the white SUV still a part of the picture at the Aquatic Center?

It appears to me that LE is convinced that the doctor drove his own car to the location, and was not kidnapped from that location or from his RV or during the short walk from the hospital to the RV. That is hardly a "rumor". There is no evidence of a disturbance, that anyone else was at the RV, or put his belongings in the car and drove it to the location.

Since the death was treated "as a homicide investigation", I think forensics and other videos are providing evidence that hasn't been made public.

Although the video is apparently not the best quality, it seems LE has enough information to be reasonably sure it is the doctor.

In my opinion, there is no evidence of foul play yet, and neither LE or the family is seeking any information to solve a kidnapping or murder. Usually, the silence in a case like this is a sign that LE is respecting the family's privacy. MOO

The story tightens and becomes more cohesive. Investigators have been on this case 6 months.

Blessings to his many precious children, family and loved ones who are without him this Season.

JMHOO
Correct. Here's what reporter Elizabeth VanMetre said about the Infinity at the park:

Elizabeth VanMetre

sSonrtodpegllhmg63lf4i0tmf281769u13114g430h82c4496gi1ati5mtu ·

Cassville Aquatic Center does have cameras but they aren’t great. A black “blob” was seen driving into the park before the infinity was spotted.

There were rumors (I even heard a podcast say this) that Dr. Forsyth was seen walking around outside of his car by the camera.

That’s not true.

It actually has never been confirmed is Dr. Forsyth was in fact the person who drove his car to the park. No one saw him. The video was too far away and poor quality anyways.

BBMFF
It appears to me that LE is convinced that the doctor drove his own car to the location, and was not kidnapped from that location or from his RV or during the short walk from the hospital to the RV. That is hardly a "rumor". There is no evidence of a disturbance, that anyone else was at the RV, or put his belongings in the car and drove it to the location.
< SBM >
Perhaps there was misunderstanding for I never mentioned a kidnapping in my post. I wrote:

It is a rumor that he was seen walking around on cctv.

Because, it was a RUMOR that JF could be seen walking while behind the fence on cctv. However, EVM tells us that is not true. I'm slightly annoyed someone referenced a potential murder victim as being a black "blob" when it could be stated it is unclear who may have been driving the Infinity. Whoever it was, left the keys inside.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 12.58.45 PM.png

The bigger question may be: How was the good Doctor transported from Cassville, Missouri to Beaver Lake in Arkansas?

JMHOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back