MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of the case of Kiplyn Davis. Everyone knew that the boys were guilty and they had bragged to many teens; but it took a federal grand jury to get them on anything. The police really botched Kiplyn's case in the beginning; or her case may have been solved sooner.

Perhaps someone should push for a federal GJ in this case.

Part of the problem is they haven't found a body or any hard physical evidence. I know people have been convicted before with no body found. However, do the Belton PD really not know, not care or is it a possible coverup?

kylr2_20110912111326_107_80.JPG

YUST - KARA'S EX

Kopetsky disappeared at 17 after walking out of the Belton High School in 2007.

She had filed a restraining order against Yust four days prior to her disappearance claiming that he choked her and threatened to kill her.

Belton police have said Yust had an alibi and passed a lie detector test in the Kopetsky case.

In September, he pleaded guilty to attacking his current girlfriend.

During the attack, she told police he threatened to kill her and said he’d killed ex-girlfriends before.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...'s-deputies-for-court-violation#ixzz1gTwuW3PF
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy killed 3 kittens, Kara had just taken an RO against him, he attacked other girlfriends, and he confessed to others about killing Kara. But, LE says he has a solid alibi and passed a LDT. IDK, I think it's time to look at this guy again in regards to Kara's disappearance. Maybe he's just a bad dude who's innocent, but worth looking at again. JMO...

He did not pass the lie detector test, it came back as inconclusive. He took the test 3 different times. The Belton PD told the public that information to keep from Yust from going on the run.

He admitted on 2 separate occasions that he killed Kara. We know who did it, now we just need to find Kara.

kylr2_20110912111326_107_80.JPG

YUST - KARA'S EX

Kopetsky disappeared at 17 after walking out of the Belton High School in 2007.

She had filed a restraining order against Yust four days prior to her disappearance claiming that he choked her and threatened to kill her.

Belton police have said Yust had an alibi and passed a lie detector test in the Kopetsky case.

In September, he pleaded guilty to attacking his current girlfriend.

During the attack, she told police he threatened to kill her and said he’d killed ex-girlfriends before.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...'s-deputies-for-court-violation#ixzz1gTwuW3PF
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy killed 3 kittens, Kara had just taken an RO against him, he attacked other girlfriends, and he confessed to others about killing Kara. But, LE says he has a solid alibi and passed a LDT. IDK, I think it's time to look at this guy again in regards to Kara's disappearance. Maybe he's just a bad dude who's innocent, but worth looking at again. JMO...

I cannot say anything at this time, I will follow up as soon as the official news reports come in. However, there is cause for concern at this moment, which is indirectly related to Kara. I will check back.

Part of the problem is they haven't found a body or any hard physical evidence. I know people have been convicted before with no body found. However, do the Belton PD really not know, not care or is it a possible coverup?

I understand, that is why it reminds me so much of Kiplyn's case. They have never found Kiplyn's body either. The kids that confessed to their teenage friends never admitted as much to the LE. A federal grand jury finally indicted them on perjury charges regarding their alibi for that day. They served time, but never served time for murder charges. In one of the four cases against these "guys", he admitted watching Kiplyn get hit in the head with a rock which killed her, but he denies knowing where she was buried. I feel SO very sorry for cases such as these when a body is never found!

Candice Mathews is now officially missing. Same person that had the run-in with Kylr during last summer. No surprise here folks.

Edit: She's been found alive. This is an update from earlier. No other information is available.

Hmm- I wonder if this incident has something to do with Kylr Yusts ex girlfriend being reported missing. thewizard- is this the same girl you were talking about?
If so, Kylr Yust was arrested while in a car with her on Thursday, but according to the article police said she was with him willingly. He was pulled over for speeding and arrested on an unrelated warrant. As of Friday, no charges were filed in relation to the restraining order violation- they said they had "no documentation" of him being served?
All I can say is I hope there's something going on here with LE that they just aren't telling anyone yet... yikes
Here's a link to the full article.

Kara Kopetsky's ex-boyfriend, Kylr Yust, arrested in company of attack victim from restraining order
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...k-victim-from-restraining-order#ixzz1gr2Vs7nK

Candice Mathews and Kara Kopetsky are two different people, both were presumed missing, until Candice was found days ago. The cases are not related with the exception that Kylr was suspected in the disappearance of both girls.

Hmm- I wonder if this incident has something to do with Kylr Yusts ex girlfriend being reported missing. thewizard- is this the same girl you were talking about?
If so, Kylr Yust was arrested while in a car with her on Thursday, but according to the article police said she was with him willingly. He was pulled over for speeding and arrested on an unrelated warrant. As of Friday, no charges were filed in relation to the restraining order violation- they said they had "no documentation" of him being served?
All I can say is I hope there's something going on here with LE that they just aren't telling anyone yet... yikes
Here's a link to the full article.

Kara Kopetsky's ex-boyfriend, Kylr Yust, arrested in company of attack victim from restraining order
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...k-victim-from-restraining-order#ixzz1gr2Vs7nK

Oh yea, I definitely know that these are two different people. I must've been pretty tired when I posted that but I think I wanted to make sure that the woman he was with when arrested was the same missing person you mentioned in your earlier message (Candace Matthews). I'd never seen her name before so wasn't 100% sure if CM was the woman who took out his most recent restraining order or not.
Apparently my reading skills were a little slow that night though- that info was already in your post:) thanks

Oh yea, I definitely know that these are two different people. I must've been pretty tired when I posted that but I think I wanted to make sure that the woman he was with when arrested was the same missing person you mentioned in your earlier message (Candace Matthews). I'd never seen her name before so wasn't 100% sure if CM was the woman who took out his most recent restraining order or not.
Apparently my reading skills were a little slow that night though- that info was already in your post:) thanks

Yes, that is correct, the ex boyfriend that was arrested in both cases, it was the same girl in both instances, CM.

Kylr's back out on the streets, bail was set at $1,000.

My first post to this thread but just so you are all aware, I have contacted Rhonda to see if she wishes to be part of this forum regarding Kara.

I will let everyone know if/when I hear back.

Great work to all so far.....so much to consider.

P

My first post to this thread but just so you are all aware, I have contacted Rhonda to see if she wishes to be part of this forum regarding Kara.

I will let everyone know if/when I hear back.

Great work to all so far.....so much to consider.

P

She's in our private facebook group to find Kara. She usually keeps to herself and is pretty quiet.

She's in our private facebook group to find Kara. She usually keeps to herself and is pretty quiet.

Oh yes I am part of this Facebook page as well and that it how I found her. Thank you for the heads up! Kara's case really has me wondering!

I was just checking online to see if there were any updates on this case and found that a TV news station in Kansas City is going to have a special report next week related to Kara Kopetskys disappearance. Currently there's a video up on the website where the reporter Russ Ptacek talks about the investigation, the actual report will not be on until Monday night (Feb 13th). Take a look at the video they've got up now though, looks like it'll be interesting to say the least.
"Monday at 10, the 41 Action News Investigators go deep inside a secret search for missing teen Kara Kopetsky. Russ Ptacek will take you inside a secret location where private sleuths have uncovered a slew of alarming new clues that could blow the lid off of this Kansas City cold case."

http://www.kshb.com/generic/news/local_news/investigations/Kopetsky

Pentagram drawn on the wall where the dog made the hit, pentagram drawn on the exgf's(CM) forehead from the summer. Guess who that leads to?

let me get this straight this kylr kid has admitted to his friend and ex girlfriend now he killed kara? the belton police have screwed this case up so bad that a group is now on there own some ex cops i wonder if they were (ex belton cops) and now send the evidence in to other sources so this department does not screw up more?

is there a reason they have dropped the ball like this is this kids dad a judge or someting? found him on facebook all he does is talk about this candance matthews girl that he apparently beat up. and she was on there talking about they found out where kara was i dont want to be around him anymore.

is this girl just trying to get this kid in trouble or telling the truth? who lived in this house before the one where the dog keeps hitting on the house for human remains?

why the hell would they just look for 40 minutes and leave the house which the step dad said in the interview was rumored before that something could have happened there.

no wonder these kids are never found

That is partially correct. Kylr admitted to a "friend" he killed Kara, sorry can't release the friends name. When Kylr had the incident with the ex girlfriend, he said he had killed ex girlfriends before, but never brought Kara's name into it.

Nobody seems to know why the ball has been dropped like it has, however there are people that do not trust the Belton PD. I don't know much more other than that. Kylr does not have any family connections within the court system. His dad is a meth addict and abused Kylr when he was younger, his mom lives in Warsaw, MO, about 50 miles away from Belton.

It was Candice's decision to go back with Kylr the second time, then Kylr dumped her, then Candice found out about the latest news report with the cadaver dog and now she doesn't speak with him. Candice views him as the one that will protect her, that aspect seems more powerful than the violence she was inflicted with for her to keep going back with him. I'm pretty sure she's telling the truth, she just doesn't make very smart decisions sometimes.

I have a name that had resided at the house at least back in 2008, but it's just the owner and most likely doesn't appear to be connected to the case. It's a bad part of town, with a lot of "drug houses" in the area. I can't give the exact location on here. The rumor was they mixed Kara's remains with some freshly coated cement and used it for the new floor or something to that effect, not sure if there is any truth to that or not.

I don't really have an answer to the last part.

let me get this straight this kylr kid has admitted to his friend and ex girlfriend now he killed kara? the belton police have screwed this case up so bad that a group is now on there own some ex cops i wonder if they were (ex belton cops) and now send the evidence in to other sources so this department does not screw up more?

is there a reason they have dropped the ball like this is this kids dad a judge or someting? found him on facebook all he does is talk about this candance matthews girl that he apparently beat up. and she was on there talking about they found out where kara was i dont want to be around him anymore.

is this girl just trying to get this kid in trouble or telling the truth? who lived in this house before the one where the dog keeps hitting on the house for human remains?

why the hell would they just look for 40 minutes and leave the house which the step dad said in the interview was rumored before that something could have happened there.

no wonder these kids are never found

Five years. Wow. And when it happened I thought she might have run away and soon have been found, safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner