MO MO - Kelly Allen, 20, Berkeley, 13 March 2007

Unfortunately I feel she hasn't been located, I think they need to search nearby for her, just a feeling I have. I saw some potential matches, but none really fit due to distance, and I think if she had left voluntarily and had been living elsewhere she would not have left the $2000 tax return. JMO.

This was the best possible match I came across, think the weight may be off because the size of clothing would indicate someone a bit heavier. However, I really think she has not been located, due to the circumstances of her disappearance I think it was likely an impulse crime of opportunity and her body is likely nearby or in a landfill.

This looks like a very good match, especially the lighter-colored hair extensions and age. At 5"4" and 165 pounds, I could see her wearing a size 12. I am 5'8" and my average size is anywhere from a 10 to a 12 when I weigh 150.

The fact there are dentals, fingerprints and DNA on file for this unidentified female should make it easy to rule in or out.

I am interested to know if any organized searches were conducted. I can't tell from the MSM I have found on the case. However, taking a look at the LKA location, there is some wooded area near infrastructure and further away some wooded area near train tracks that should've been searched.

I think the circumstances warrant it, sounds like either involuntary or endangered missing.

Has anyone got in touch with TexasEq. or other similar organizations?

Sadly adults aren't always searched for in the same manner children are when they go missing.

Adults, do and are legally allowed to disappear if they choose, which makes missing adult cases, much harder to investigate than missing child cases. (barring any evidence of foul play)

In this case, there's not much to go on.

If they did a victimology assessment,(VA) which is usually textbook, in missing persons cases, they should be able to decide pretty rapidly if she was taken against her will or left under her own will.

Usually something turns up in the VA, that sheds some light on the disappearance .

Sometimes, they do just walk away, but we can find the shreds of the "WHY"

In terms of abductions, from inside a residence, is very rare yeah it makes big news when it happens, but that's why, because they are so rare.

Its also pretty terrifying to think of as well.

Another factor is that not all abductions, turn into homicides, which has become a relatively new phenomena in law enforcement . Cases like Sean Hornbeck, Amanda Berry, Elizabeth Smart etc, are still being examined, to understand the abductor/keeper types.

With what little info is given here, there could be any 1 of a hundred possibilities.

Quite sad, if you ask me. Was there any characteristics given to the interviewee and employees of where Kelly wanted to work? Suspicion is on them.

I don't know that this line of thinking works in this case. The area she went to for the interview that day is a good 1/2 hour to 45 minutes away from where she was staying. Berkley has some bad areas - last week a Frat house there at the UMSL Campus was held up and robbed of their cell phones and electronics by 2 guys. If you aren't safe as a group of 8 college guys near a good sized university campus, you aren't in a good neighborhood.

The area she went to the job interview is in Crestwood - a very nice suburb of St. Louis. My money is on the Berkley area being where it went down.

Just my opinion.....

Another article with some interesting bits of information:

St. Louis Post Dispatch: Allen, who would be 21 now, was last seen on March 13, 2007, when she was spending the night at the apartment of a girlfriend in the 8600 block of Frost Avenue in Berkeley.

Williams, who lives on Salisbury Street north of downtown, said she last spoke with her daughter a few days earlier.

Family members have circulated fliers in St. Louis and Berkeley, and her story was featured on "America's Most Wanted" on television. The family hired a private investigator for $1,500 who turned up nothing.

Police believe foul play may be connected to Allen's disappearance. An income tax refund check for more than $2,000 has not been cashed and she left behind all her belongings.

Allen, who attended Lafayette High School, had a job interview just before her disappearance.

St. Louis Police Detective Jerry Griffin, who is handling the investigation, says police have few clues.

But two weeks ago, an anonymous phone call to Berkeley City Hall said that Allen's body had been buried in a backyard in Berkeley.

Griffin said the yard was searched, and that a bone — possibly human — was found. It is being tested.

After Williams was told that her daughter had not returned to the Berkeley apartment, she waited two days to report the disappearance to Berkeley police. She later filed a missing person report with St. Louis police.

Griffin said that the time lag has hurt the investigation. He said police were not able to properly handle the Berkeley apartment as a possible crime scene because it had been cleaned, and all of Allen's belongings had been retrieved by her family.

Williams says she regrets waiting to report her daughter missing.

"This is one of the hardest things that I've ever had to deal with in my life," she said.

Williams works at a Hilton hotel downtown, and among her co-workers is Vera Brown, a grandmother of 4-year-old Cermen Toney Jr.

He disappeared in November 2005 in State Park Place along with his baby sitter, Anquiaette Parker, 19. Their bodies were found in March in a cistern off Collinsville Road in Madison County. The former owner of that land has been charged with their murders.

Griffin said police want to do voice-stress analysis tests on Allen's boyfriend, the woman who has the Berkeley apartment, and that woman's boyfriend.

He also would like to talk to the person who called Berkeley City Hall about the buried body.

But now, he said, police have little to work on.

Thanks for the article, Terrib11, that actually answers some questions I was having.

But still wonder if, even though it was "too late" to treat the actual apartment as a crime scene if they did canvas/search around the property.

It always amazes me how they will launch million dollars searches with sophisticated crew, choppers, etc for hikers who go missing in the woods but don't do the same when people go missing in the urban jungle. Makes me think of that Disappeared episode where the guy finds his wife after about a week upside down in her SUV off the highway.

If I were LE and/or local, I would be looking in all the wooded areas near that complex, including by the nearby railroad tracks, for any evidence in conjunction with doing a run down as listed by RichKelly.

From a geographic/statistical probability perspective, if she is not voluntary missing then some evidence is likely to be nearby. While there are hundreds if not millions of possible scenarios, there seems to be a lot of low hanging fruit ready to be eliminated.

Thanks for the article, Terrib11, that actually answers some questions I was having.

But still wonder if, even though it was "too late" to treat the actual apartment as a crime scene if they did canvas/search around the property.

It always amazes me how they will launch million dollars searches with sophisticated crew, choppers, etc for hikers who go missing in the woods but don't do the same when people go missing in the urban jungle. Makes me think of that Disappeared episode where the guy finds his wife after about a week upside down in her SUV off the highway.

If I were LE and/or local, I would be looking in all the wooded areas near that complex, including by the nearby railroad tracks, for any evidence in conjunction with doing a run down as listed by RichKelly.

From a geographic/statistical probability perspective, if she is not voluntary missing then some evidence is likely to be nearby. While there are hundreds if not millions of possible scenarios, there seems to be a lot of low hanging fruit ready to be eliminated.

Its different if you KNOW, that someone's in a potentially dangerous situation, and they don't come back.. you know they're hiking, you generally know where they are for the most part .

There's a point of reasonable expectation, where someone will return from a hike, etc.. If not there's a better chance to render aid, than if they are doing a missing persons search

With Missing adults, you have to make sure that's what you are dealing with first, because again, its completely legal for an adult over the age of 18 to disappear if they choose to .

Though they usually , go full bore when there's a missing person, to the extent they can.

Now even if you go through the preliminary investigation checklist, you still have to remember , this person may have left on their own and doesn't want to be found .

It does happen

None knows exactly what time she went missing, so if you figure, a car, can go 1 mile a minute (60 Mph) or greater ... until you establish when she exactly left she could be 60 miles away or greater in 1 hour , 120 in 2!.

So you have to try to approximate when she got home, and try to find a time, when she departed the scene . Take into consideration any distance she might've had to traverse to get to a vehicle .

Another thing to take into consideration, in most abductions , the victim is typically transported greater than a half mile from where they were abducted.

AS for the scene, id say its pretty much a no go , its been what, 7 years?

I'm just reading about this, so sorry if it's been mentioned already, but where do the accounts of her being in her friends apt when she left and the phone call from her come from? Has the female friend been eliminated as a poi by police?

I have not found anything that has said that the girlfriend she was staying with has been eliminated as a POI by police. Maybe I missed it.

NaMus # 6665 ?
Kelly Allen ?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/search

Could you please take a look at this unidentified woman and compare?

Her name has not been excluded from what I can tell.

Police believe she was strangled, purple Timex watch found at scene
It's a good likeness and the timing is right. There is quite a distance from her location however. 13 hr drive...

allen_kelly_ap.jpg

photo2.jpg

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6665

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/10/skeletal-remain-faces/

I have a few questions and some observations. Was her boyfriend or other acquaintances ruled out of the list of suspects? Were they interviewed at all, or because this is a "missing person" case; the police investigation was limited.

Key fact: No signs of struggle and nothing taking means perp had a weapon and she did not know him (presumed male on my part).

Key fact: Close proximity to I 70 means perp had an instant get-away route implies a plan.

Question: Were all her belongings left at the apartment or is a cell phone missing.

This is vital, because if there was a cell phone and it is missing then we can infer a lot more about this case.

Kelly is a beautiful young woman. I was shocked to see there are only two pages regarding her case. I do see a resemblence to the woman in front on Mom2's post. 13 hours is quite a drive, but if it was someone who knew her and knew her family I could see them driving that far after killing a young lady with such promise. A future nurse. . . Thinking of Holly Bobo... I hope Kelly is found.

She went to the interview, then returned to the apartment, because her purse was there.
Did police ask the person who interviewed her if she had her purse with her at the time, they probably did and so this is how they know that she returned to the apartment.

If she was planning on disappearing she would have cashed her check first.
If it was robbery, her check would not be there.
If it was a stranger abduction the apartment would have been in disarrary.

So the question is, who would she feel comfortable opening the door to at a friends apartment in not her own neighbourhood, or who would she feel comfortable bringing back to that apartment.
Was her girlfriend maybe the intended target?

Do we know how she got to the interview and back to the apartment.

What self respecting job seeker in 2005 would not have a cell phone? No job seeker I ever knew especially a 20 something female. Yet the phone was not mentioned; we just have the phrase "nothing was missing" (or something similar). If the phone was there then did anyone see who the last person that called was?

The way I see it; she is out and about with a $2K check and yet she did not take it to the bank or cash it. That only makes sense if she received a call with an offer that was more important than cashing the check. So was her resume on Monster or another job board? Did it have her cell phone number? Did anyone check with the job boards that day to see who accessed her resume? Its not that she opened the door to a stranger; she was expecting someone, and that someone left a trace. Lets look for it.

What self respecting job seeker in 2005 would not have a cell phone? No job seeker I ever knew especially a 20 something female. Yet the phone was not mentioned; we just have the phrase "nothing was missing" (or something similar). If the phone was there then did anyone see who the last person that called was?

The way I see it; she is out and about with a $2K check and yet she did not take it to the bank or cash it. That only makes sense if she received a call with an offer that was more important than cashing the check. So was her resume on Monster or another job board? Did it have her cell phone number? Did anyone check with the job boards that day to see who accessed her resume? Its not that she opened the door to a stranger; she was expecting someone, and that someone left a trace. Lets look for it.

Kelly went missing in 2007 not 2005.

not sure how this apartment complex is set up, but did they check the neighbors, is it possible she could have been lured to a neighbors apartment to help out with something.
did her girlfriend have any suspicions about odd acting neighbors.

seems like something happened very close. if she left with someone she knew she would have taken her purse.
did police check the neighboring apartments and do background checks on them. did they check the sexual assault registry to see if anyone on it was living in the same complex.

sorry, i'm in canada, not familiar with the area.
as for the cell phone talk. we just had a missing adult case, actually its on here, Jeffrey Boucher, teacher went missing, found couple months later down in the lake.

He and his wife who are both teachers, did not and had never owned a cell phone. Everyone thought this was so weird in this day and age, especially for teachers, but
it is what it is.
not everyone has/had a cell phone now or in 2007. maybe she did or maybe she didn't, but we cant assume it is a fact that she had one.
if police say nothing was missing, we have to assume if she had one, it was not missing. or that is a detail they don't want to release to the public as an investigative tool.

Why was the check still there if she was going to interviews and generally running around. When you are job hunting, you need money, she had it; but did not convert it. That is more than just odd, it would only happen (in my admittedly meager brain) if an event occurred that overrode that very strong impulse. An event in those circumstances could only originate with a phone call and some anonymous person got that phone number from somewhere.

As far as the cup of sugar ruse by a neighbor, then where is the sign of an attack? No tipped over chair, no broken glass, no blood, no scrunched up rug, no open drawer, etc. means that she opened the door to a stranger and that stranger pulled a big gun forcing her to leave right then and there. Its possible but I still would like to see if anyone pulled her resume off any of the job boards in the previous few days and see if any of those people are registered sex offenders (or not, this person may not have ever been caught).

im sorry, thought we were offering opinions here and possible theories, not arguing over them.
iits tunnel vision thinking and mindset like yours that are the reason cases go unsolved, and innocent people get convicted.
as for the neighbor theory, if you read my post with an open mind, you would have read that i suggested that she went over to that neighbors place, and wasn't forceably taken, and whatever happened happened over at that neighbors apartment, and neighbor basically being anyone in the complex, not necessarily across from her.

so that was my last post on this thread, i will look for some other thread to post on where one doesnt get battered, but we all pull together to help someone.

if anyone is close to the family and viewing this site, i truely hope kelly is brought back to her family so there can be closure,

bye

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back