MO MO - Kelly Allen, 20, Berkeley, 13 March 2007

Please, I meant no offense. nor am I trying to saying any opinion is not valid. I certainly want you to continue posting. If I stated my opinion too strongly, I really apologize. I am new to this site and did not realize I may have offended anyone.

Do you agree that it i s odd that the check was there?

Do you agree that it i s odd that the check was there?

Nope.

If Kelly did not have her own bank account, she had limited options to cash that check.

If she wanted to buy a car, she was smart to keep the $2000 intact, instead of spending it in little dribs & drabs (like most of us do with cash ) and ending up with nothing to show for it.

"she had limited options to cash that check"

This was a tax refund check. That means she could have gone to any bank, or practically any major grocery store, and cashed it, started an account, or really anything she wanted to do. She may not have known that, but its likely she mentioned her plans to someone she trusted, but maybe not.

These are the kind of facts we can only hope the police investigating this case already know. We can only speculate and hope this conversation stirs a memory.

I agree she may have mentioned her plans regarding the refund check to someone she trusted, but the check was found. Kelly was not. The perp wanted Kelly and not the money or he/they would have forced her to cash the check. She either caught someone's eye (she's very attractive) or somone she knew had an attraction to her that Kelly did not reciprocate and that angered this person when she rebuffed his attention/affection. Could be someone in her friend's apartment complex that she might have been familiar with or someone she knew personally. I'm thinking even a cousin. . . JMO!

Are any of her family members on this forum? CAn a search of the area be done now that may produce something? Was there immediate plans that she had that we could say that she was looking forward to?

The following paradigm exists:

1. She had no cell phone.

Random attack from anyone including neighbors, strangers, no change in current status.

2. She had a cell phone; it was not missing; no unknown callers from the past week.

Random attack from anyone including neighbors, strangers, no change in current status.

3. She had a cell phone; it was missing or had unknown (anonymous, blocked caller, etc.) calls to it.

Attacker called. Attacker had the number because attacker knew her or attacker had the number because she had published it somewhere on the internet, most likely a job board because she was actively looking for a job.

If we cannot establish the facts then we cannot determine the truth or falsehood of # 3. However if # 3 is true, someone in law enforcement needs to see if the potential lead was followed or not. It should not be that difficult since the police officer's number is on this thread, however the person making that call must have a reason other than I was reading this thread on websleuths....

I am one of those rare people who is not tied to a cell phone. I have a land line and a cell for emergencies or to use when I am away from home. I charged it for the first time yesterday in probably in month. Cells are just not a priority to some folks and most find that hard to believe. I consider them an intrusion.

As for the check, I have been known to hang on to a large check that I intend for a specific use for a while. I know it will be ready when I want it and I won't have spent it.

I really think so much emphasis should be taken off the check and cell. They need to be checked out but not dwelled upon or made the main focus as some are doing.

Her dad said (in the fox tv spot) that she went to an interview and made an appointment for another interview. She did not make it to the next interview. Does anyone have details about that second interview?

I read on this thread that she took the train. The place she was staying was near N Hanley Metrolink Loop. Do we know of disappearances of other people using that bus or public transportation generally in the St Louis area?

Thanks for the article, Terrib11, that actually answers some questions I was having.

But still wonder if, even though it was "too late" to treat the actual apartment as a crime scene if they did canvas/search around the property.

It always amazes me how they will launch million dollars searches with sophisticated crew, choppers, etc for hikers who go missing in the woods but don't do the same when people go missing in the urban jungle. Makes me think of that Disappeared episode where the guy finds his wife after about a week upside down in her SUV off the highway.

If I were LE and/or local, I would be looking in all the wooded areas near that complex, including by the nearby railroad tracks, for any evidence in conjunction with doing a run down as listed by RichKelly.

From a geographic/statistical probability perspective, if she is not voluntary missing then some evidence is likely to be nearby. While there are hundreds if not millions of possible scenarios, there seems to be a lot of low hanging fruit ready to be eliminated.
I agree, 100%.

I would have hoped that race is never a factor in locating a person. She needs to be found.

Myrtle Beach seems to attract abductors and run-aways; will keep my eyes open. My heart goes out to the family. We have six grown, out of the home now, daughters.

I want to ask a few questions about the case if possible, Wondering if the investigation started from Kelly Alan's last known travel point? By that I mean, After the initial report of missing person/suspicious disappearance being Made; was there a search of relative areas? If so, where was the first place the investigators started at? Did the investigators find out about Kyle's sec

I have a few questions and some observations. Was her boyfriend or other acquaintances ruled out of the list of suspects? Were they interviewed at all, or because this is a "missing person" case; the police investigation was limited.

Key fact: No signs of struggle and nothing taking means perp had a weapon and she did not know him (presumed male on my part).

Key fact: Close proximity to I 70 means perp had an instant get-away route implies a plan.

Question: Were all her belongings left at the apartment or is a cell phone missing.

This is vital, because if there was a cell phone and it is missing then we can infer a lot more about this case.

- I am sorry if I'm posting a late response to this but..... I'm not quite following your assumption that this is someone she doesn't know due to the fact that the apartment showed no signs of being tossed about or "signs of struggle" this would lead me to believe that the perp was most likely someone who she did know at least enough to recognize. Now Ah days (even back to the late 1990's) people didnt leave their property unlocked or open. These calm scenes at the start or "last know location" In a case like this usually points to someone whom the victim knows. (Just a thought..not a pro so the assumption I make is just that..IDK)

I want to ask a few questions about the case if possible, Wondering if the investigation started from Kelly Alan's last known travel point? By that I mean, After the initial report of missing person/suspicious disappearance being Made; was there a search of relative areas? If so, where was the first place the investigators started at? Did the investigators find out about Kyle's sec

Did the investigators find out about Kyle's second job interview from their interview with the friend whom she was staying with or did they actually vistit the job where Kyle was seeking new employment?

Was Kyle really leaving the job she held in order to be closer to home? If so was there any specific reason why she had felt it better to be close to home.

Did the police visit both her currently held job and the prospective place of employment in order to interview anyone whom would have had access to her personal information (EG. hr,Interviewing party(s)

Did the police or investigators canvas her current place of employment in order to gain an understanding of what this young women's state of mind was,if she was worried, if she had mentioned any strange happenings.

How did she travel? Always by train? Distances, time traveled, pathway, regularities in her travels.

Did they compare her known activities for that day with the activity she is known to have had before her friend/roommate had reported her missing.

Sounds like they canvases the house & outer parameter but was this where they started? If so did they work from outside in or inside out?

When this began it sounds like it was a suspicous case and the police categorized it as suspicous? Is this correct or was there a period of time that passed before they deemed this an abduction style type missing person with suspicious attributes in the publics eye? I mean was it states right away or was a bit of time passed by in reaching this assumption on their part?

I have more questions but any of these would help get the ball rolling on trying to help.

I apologize for accidentally posting the original questions I had in mid swing! My bad!

I think this case is a good example
Of why we have a system for individuals and citizens to obtain information!

We aren't able to do much with the limited examples of the news coverage in this case. I think someone needs to do A FOIA request on this to dig deeper.

Regina Sykes is especially concerned that two others, Kelly L. Allen, 20, and Shemika Cosey, 16, have been missing from Berkeley for years. Jackson, the acting police chief, said he believes there is no connection.

Allen disappeared in 2007, after spending a night at a friend's apartment in the 8600 block of Frost Avenue in Berkeley. Cosey was staying at a relative's house in 2008 when relatives woke up one morning and found her gone.

518bc6e600c60.image.png

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_c0013e46-3cc7-5780-bc03-ab0c66576da7.html

Can we get Carlk to do an age progression? I feel like that one isn't very good. But maybe that's just me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back