Identified! MO - Phelps Co., WhtFem, 25-35, along I-44, dark blue hair, Oct'16 - Brandy Steinke

I-44 is busy, lots & lots of trucks. In Missouri, it is essentially Route 66, still linking Chicago to LA.

They haven't talked about race/ethnicity.

Maybe they will make a fingerprint match?

I-44 is busy, lots & lots of trucks. In Missouri, it is essentially Route 66, still linking Chicago to LA.

They haven't talked about race/ethnicity.

Maybe they will make a fingerprint match?

First post says she is white. Sorry it's not in the title. I'm not sure there is room to add it. Report this post to a mod and maybe they can work it in? Thanks.

It has only been a few days. It is possible a hit may come up in fingerprints or DNA.

IMO, they hoped a local would recognize her description right away as matching their missing loved one.

Local here (longtime lurker; first-time poster). I live right off I-44, just a couple miles from this.

The thing that strikes me the most about where she was found is that it isn't a spot a local would have been likely to pick. To put it bluntly, there are plenty of places out on the backroads to put a body where it will never see the light of day. A local would have gone the extra 2 miles to the Hwy J turnoff and had plenty of empty roads in complete darkness to pick from. Or they would have stopped a mile prior at the sand quarry. Why risk stopping on the side of the interstate? Unless you just don't know any better...

To my eye, it's almost as if someone was driving I-44 looking desperately for a spot and as soon as the interstate splits right there past the Jerome exit, and that big median and hill completely blocks the view of the eastbound side, they took that first opportunity. So, either they completely panicked or they don't know the area at all.

To put it another way, if someone is traveling west out of St. Louis, this is the first spot on I-44 where the lanes are split and it isn't near a populated area. In the middle of the night, it's entirely possible to be the only one on that hill for a couple minutes. The only other major split before this-- near St. Clair -- has a big rest stop with lots of traffic.

I've been following this since it happened. I can't imagine she would be local at this point. I would think if she were, A) the second the news broke about a body with tattoos etc. someone's meter would have gone off. B) if she were a local then she would have been seen prior to death and since those tattoos aren't new or fresh appear to be quite a bit older because of the fading. (My bil is a tattoo artist so that's where this is coming from) someone would have recognized them if she were local.

I agree that she was probably from somewhere else and someone took the first opportunity to dump her body. It's so sad hopefully it picks up some major network media and she will be identified quickly.

IMO

Local here (longtime lurker; first-time poster). I live right off I-44, just a couple miles from this.

The thing that strikes me the most about where she was found is that it isn't a spot a local would have been likely to pick. To put it bluntly, there are plenty of places out on the backroads to put a body where it will never see the light of day. A local would have gone the extra 2 miles to the Hwy J turnoff and had plenty of empty roads in complete darkness to pick from. Or they would have stopped a mile prior at the sand quarry. Why risk stopping on the side of the interstate? Unless you just don't know any better...

To my eye, it's almost as if someone was driving I-44 looking desperately for a spot and as soon as the interstate splits right there past the Jerome exit, and that big median and hill completely blocks the view of the eastbound side, they took that first opportunity. So, either they completely panicked or they don't know the area at all.

To put it another way, if someone is traveling west out of St. Louis, this is the first spot on I-44 where the lanes are split and it isn't near a populated area. In the middle of the night, it's entirely possible to be the only one on that hill for a couple minutes. The only other major split before this-- near St. Clair -- has a big rest stop with lots of traffic.

:goodpost: Thanks for coming out of lurking to post Avocet! It's always great to see things from a local's perspective.

Another story: http://rotwnews.com/2016/10/05/miss...l-cypress-womans-car-found-in-lake-arrowhead/

screen-shot-2016-10-05-at-10-52-31-am.png

Someone has to be missing her.

With the hair color, the tattoos and the scar, you'd think somebody would recognize her.

I think she may have been just thrown from a car. alive or dead, not sure. just disposed of.

that look is common where I live and I imagine in many metro areas. she was likely from a city, not where she was found. probably not even close.

With the hair color, the tattoos and the scar, you'd think somebody would recognize her.

I wonder if she was a David Clement-Davies fan? Especially the characters Larka and Fell?

Edit the wolves sorry didn't make that clear. Off to google tattoos like that.
Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

I was browsing through images online, looking to see if she ever posted photos of her tattoos. I found a blogger with a similar (not identical) black and white wolf tattoo. The blogger says she was inspired by a book about two wolves. I wonder if the deceased woman could have read the same book? Just something to ponder. http://whitewolflarka.livejournal.com/4017.html

I wonder if she was a David Clement-Davies fan? Especially the characters Larka and Fell?

Edit the wolves sorry didn't make that clear. Off to google tattoos like that.

Haha, I just posted the same. Didn't see your comment, sorry. I don't know anything about that book. I just found the blog above. Do those books have a big fan-base? Maybe we could search through photos of book signings or something?

Someone posted a comment regarding the heart tattoo that it signifies a miscarriage because of the colors, the wings, and the butterfly idea. May be yet another clue.

Based on Avocet's information about the area, this sounds like it may have been a big rig involved. A big rig wouldn't want to have to travel off the interstate and get lost or stuck on back roads.

Hopefully she does not become the next Miss Molly... :(

Haha, I just posted the same. Didn't see your comment, sorry. I don't know anything about that book. I just found the blog above. Do those books have a big fan-base? Maybe we could search through photos of book signings or something?
Just read that blog and came to post it haha! I don't know but my cousin is a fan and has one of his book covers on a poster on her wall with a wolf on it. Thats what made me wonder.

Saw a couple of similar tatts online but not that one.

The tattoo styles appear to me to be older, not very recent as far as the style and techniques go. Definitely think the heart signifies a miscarriage, probably a very early one where they weren't certain of the sex, which is why there is a blue wing and a pink wing or there were multiple miscarriages. And I'm current looped off of muscle relaxers, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what that is on top of the heart and between the wings?

Someone posted on a Facebook post that a woman fitting this UID's description was seen in her town. They said she was a transient from Kentucky who had passed through their town. The commenter is based in Wyoming and said the lady seen in her town had dyed hair like our UID.

The tattoo styles appear to me to be older, not very recent as far as the style and techniques go. Definitely think the heart signifies a miscarriage, probably a very early one where they weren't certain of the sex, which is why there is a blue wing and a pink wing or there were multiple miscarriages. And I'm current looped off of muscle relaxers, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what that is on top of the heart and between the wings?

The head of a caterpillar (turning in to a butterfly) ???- Just a guess

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back