MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I don't see how the Myers case is any cause for protesting. I don't think anyone in their right might sees that shooting as unjustified. Some protesters may think it was a hasty decision, but I would disagree. Is there anything saying that the protests are about Myers rather than Brown? It seems to me that MB's death is the main catalyst for the protests. I don't think people are protesting for Myers as much as they are for Brown.

The reason they were all in SHAW last night was because of Meyers. A couple days ago,Meyers parents attended and gave a speech.

The protestors surged at the scene of his shooting. MANY of the protestors were including Meyers in their anger towards the cops.

I was asking questions about the Myers shooting in Bellas live chat. Her MOD in the chat said she was going to ignore any and all questions about Myers shooting because there was only one thing they needed to know:

"myers is dead, and he is a young black male shot by a cop" = all they need to know

I asked, is that REALLY all you need to know? Doesnt the cop have he right to shoot back? She said NO. He does not. He should have never looked at or followed them. So he is wrong and racist and had no business STARTING the incident.

So I asked, what about his ankle monitor? Doesnt the cop have a right to ask why he is out and about? She said NO, because there was no ankle bracelet, that is all a lie by LE. [ But his lawyer publicly discussed the ankle bracelet already...so...and we have seen casenet and the pictures of him with guns]

I was talking with some of the protestors on the live chats last night. One guy finally admitted that Vonderrick shot first. HOWEVERm he also said :

" It's not right to shoot 17 times at someone who has only shot 3 times at you!" :thud:

Seriously. He believed the cop should have 3 or 4 shots in return, in order to be fair. But he should be arrested for EXCESSIVE FORCE because he emptied his clip.
I saw you attempt to explain that the reason VM only shot 3 times is because his gun jammed, and - POOF -

Rocks and bottles thrown at LEO's and spitting on LEO's...

IMHOO it's unbleievable that this type of behaviour is ignored and actually accepted.
What a good way for protesters to teach their kids how to act..smh

Imhoo the cops should have smacked the protesters on top of their heads. I still find the prostesters behavior appalling.

I saw you attempt to explain that the reason VM only shot 3 times is because his gun jammed, and - POOF -

Yes, I got banned. But I have to admit it really made me angry. Because I was polite and never acted 'trollish.' There were absolutely trolls that needed to be banned for being vulgar and racist.

But I was discussing actual facts. Asking factual questions. And so being called a troll was very disheartening. Many of these are colleges students. They should be able to deal with some healthy debate.

I understand their anger and questions concerning MB. Given the witnesses versions and no other facts being released, they would have questions. But the way they are treating this issue with VM is totally unfair to the cops, imo.

Yup, I got banned. :blush:

And I'm on a highly sought after troll list on twitter :giggle:

Oh the things we do have to do for justice .

Does this mean we're part of the revolution? :dunno:

Great post up thread TheDuchess.
I was at my nail boutique yesterday evening. There were 18 females present...aprox. 1/3 white. 1/3 AA and 1/3 Spanish and Vietnamese.
We all chit chat together and I asked if anyone was following the MB case and the marches in StL and surrounding areas set for this weekend.

They as in none had a clue what I was referencing.

I was talking with some of the protestors on the live chats last night. One guy finally admitted that Vonderrick shot first. HOWEVERm he also said :

" It's not right to shoot 17 times at someone who has only shot 3 times at you!" :thud:

Seriously. He believed the cop should have 3 or 4 shots in return, in order to be fair. But he should be arrested for EXCESSIVE FORCE because he emptied his clip.

ignorance IMHO

Yep, every PEACEFUL protester needs to train how to storm a police station/ line. Smh.

Yep, every PEACEFUL protester needs to train how to storm a police station/ line. Smh.

LOL, I know, right?

What cracked me up was seeing the 'teacher' giving her students this wise advice of exactly how to outsmart the stupid <modsnip>. And yet, the police have gone through an intense academy and years of supplemental training. No one is going to get past them in their riot lines.

One of the hard core instigators was yelling at the police in the front line at around 3 am. And he kept yelling at the supervidsr, who had stepped forward to speak to them, " Why don't you freakin GO HOME!"

And so the officer replied " Why don't you go home"

The guy screamed ' WE'LL GO HOME WHEN YA'ALL STOP KILLING US!'

[ huh? ] The cop even cracked a tiny smile, probably because he saw how silly that answer was.

This is where I can't for the life of me figure why people stay out there all night long. LE is paid to stand there. They get a coffee break, something to eat, bathroom breaks, water if they need it and they get paid for it. So what purpose is there to protesting all night long?

Yes, I got banned. But I have to admit it really made me angry. Because I was polite and never acted 'trollish.' There were absolutely trolls that needed to be banned for being vulgar and racist.

But I was discussing actual facts. Asking factual questions. And so being called a troll was very disheartening.

Facts are trollish.

What's that legal saying? I think it was Dershowitz who said, "If the facts are on your side, pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table."

That needs revising. The new version should be:

If the facts are on your side, pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, call the other side trolls and racists.

Our Katy was being silly, asking them to consider pesky FACTS! Lol

I wonder exactly how many rounds you're allowed to fire at someone who started shooting at you first.

If the other guy fires 3 times, you're only allowed to fire 3 times? Then you have to wait until he fires again before you're permitted to fire a 4th round? What about accuracy? What if all 3 of his shots miss? Are you allowed to fire more accurately and actually hit him? Or are you required to miss all 3 shots as well?

This is where I can't for the life of me figure why people stay out there all night long. LE is paid to stand there. They get a coffee break, something to eat, bathroom breaks, water if they need it and they get paid for it. So what purpose is there to protesting all night long?

My best guess is that since, lately, the protests have doubled and tripled with the October revolution that most (not all) are from out
of town/state. Lots are sleeping in cars or given a couch or rug to crash. Who wants to go back to that for the night?

I watched both the Shaw and Ferguson protesting and the Shaw got somewhat out of hand while the Ferguson, for awhile at least, broke out into a big song and dance party. I thought it was a little disrespectful since some of the Brown family was in attendance and it was suppose to be about MB not a party. So why wouldn't they protest all night long?

Facts are trollish.

What's that legal saying? I think it was Dershowitz who said, "If the facts are on your side, pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table."

That needs revising. The new version should be:

If the facts are on your side, pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, call the other side trolls and racists.

:clap:

I wonder exactly how many rounds you're allowed to fire at someone who started shooting at you first.

If the other guy fires 3 times, you're only allowed to fire 3 times? Then you have to wait until he fires again before you're permitted to fire a 4th round? What about accuracy? What if all 3 of his shots miss? Are you allowed to fire more accurately and actually hit him? Or are you required to miss all 3 shots as well?

No kidding. Some think the one shooting at cops can shoot as many rounds as they want ............with LE shooting none in return.
And apparently those thinking that way, believe they are right. smh

My best guess is that since, lately, the protests have doubled and tripled with the October revolution that most (not all) are from out
of town/state. Lots are sleeping in cars or given a couch or rug to crash. Who wants to go back to that for the night?

I watched both the Shaw and Ferguson protesting and the Shaw got somewhat out of hand while the Ferguson, for awhile at least, broke out into a big song and dance party. I thought it was a little disrespectful since some of the Brown family was in attendance and it was suppose to be about MB not a party. So why wouldn't they protest all night long?

I figured there might be a 'party' like atmosphere after reading the website set up for the out of town visitors. LOT and LOTS of college kids made plans to drive out together and crash with other college kids....that means a PARTY will naturally develop.

No kidding. Some think the one shooting at cops can shoot as many rounds as they want ............with LE shooting none in return.
And apparently those thinking that way, believe they are right. smh

Just reading through twitterland today. Apparently, the new defense of VM is based upon the cop not being in uniform, but rumored to be in a security guard uniform, And if 3 teens run away from his he should ignore it, thats not against the law. So no matter that the kid was illegally armed while out on bond, and fired on the cop, ---its the cops fault for following them.

The funny/sad part is, if the 3 teens had just calmly walked past, eaten their sandwiches, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500