Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

A neighbor interviewed on the news said the Pernice's dogs were very loud and would bark at just someone walking down the street. So if Renee's family got police and went to the house on Friday when Shon wasn't there, that makes me think the dogs were NOT there at that time. Also, when police went there with a search warrant they said Shon and his mother were there and that Shon took some clothing and he and his mother got in the family van and left. The kids were at school at the time. They didn't mention the dogs. So again, I think the dogs weren't there. What the heck happened to the dogs and why aren't they there? Did Shon take THEM somewhere on Thursday night too?

So again.....if the dogs really weren't there....then why would hte neighbor say she put the dogs out friday morning??
very strange....
i think you'd want to be sure of these things when be inteviewed by the police right???

New Search Planned For Missing Woman.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Volunteers plan to search a field near the home of Renee Pernice in hopes of finding clues to the missing woman's whereabouts.

Police concluded a search of Pernice's northwest Kansas City home on Saturday. They began looking through the home after getting a search warrant on Thursday.

Snipped

Friends and family members plan to hold a vigil on Monday evening at Mill Creek Park at 47th Street and J.C. Nichols Parkway.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18457154/detail.html

Hey guys
I used to be able to be on here all the time...on the Caylee forum, but i haven't been able to be on as much lately...
please forgive me...i hope it doesn't seem like i'm just jumping in w/ comments and not sticking around...
i haven't made to page 4 of this thread yet, but i just wanted to ask this while i'm thinking of it...
i've seen some posts where it says stuff like "the last person we know FOR SURE talked to her" or "saw her"...etc...
and wondering if maybe the neighbor was wrong about saying she saw her put the dogs out that morning....
i'm just wondering....
what if the nieghbor IS right? what if the neighbor does know for sure she saw HER put the dogs out that morning?
just a thought...really....i just so many doubts about the neighbor actually seeing her that morning, but what if she really did??
Again i haven't made it to page 4 yet, but here i go....:)

If she really did, that means whatever happened to her happened between 8 and noon, in broad daylight, with not much time to clean up or not be seen doing so. Personally, I think the dog walking story is simply to explain the loss of the dogs as well, which if true, were not actually seen that morning.

Good thinking all angles though, glad you can be on here!

We'll definitely keep them and you in our prayers. I know it's hard to post when it's so close to home. It's totally understandable. We'll all just keep hoping for the best for now.

*hugs*

Thank you. I feel so sorry for her family...especially the children. Tonight was the candlelight vigil, and it was so sad. It was freezing cold and windy. I saw Rick, but did not talk to him. He is heartbroken, as I would be if it were my daughter missing. I did not see Shon, but then I do not know him. I heard Rick say that Shon was there (when I watched the broadcast-I think KCTV5 & WDAF 4 were the stations there tonight), but Shon did not speak to the crowd. I was really surprised that he was there at all. It was very hard to hear what was being said as the wind was blowing and everyone was huddled pretty close to one another to keep warm.

I also noticed three detectives standing at the back of the crowd right behind us...at least that's what they looked like to me. They each wore a black stocking cap, dark coat and dress slacks and dark shoes. This could be my imagination, but the three stayed close together, and they looked like they were watching something. At one point, they walked off toward the east and then stopped. I'm now wondering if they were watching Shon?

As we walked to our car, all I could think about was where is Renee? It's so cold here tonight. Is she out in the bitter cold? Is she alive? Is she injured? I just hope they find her.

I am so glad you were able to attend the vigil. I know how important it is for the loved ones left behind worrying to know they have the support of people who care. Bless you. :blowkiss:

The KC Star has a bit of info about today's search:

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/977974.html

Kansas City police and volunteers spent Monday searching a wooded area near the Northland home of a 35-year-old mother who has been missing for more than a week.

Dozens of volunteers boarded Kansas City Area Transportation Authority buses at an apartment complex near 65th Terrace and Liberty Street. The search began about 8:30 a.m. and concluded just after 2 p.m.

Kansas City Police Sgt. Rob Hargarten, with the fugitive apprehension unit, said police and volunteers covered about two square miles of brush and wooded terrain.

Hargarten instructed the volunteers to look for soil that appeared to be disturbed. He also asked them to keep an eye out for rubber gloves and industrial-size containers of cleaning products.

They were searching an area roughly bound by 68th Street to 60th Street along North Waukomis Drive.

“This is a very unusual case because you have a woman missing from her children, she has a good job, no one seems to know what has happened to her,” he said.

Investigators were evaluating whether they need to do more searching in the dwelling. No details were released about what evidence investigators collected from the residence.

I've decided that I should send Tim Miller with TES an email about this case. If nothing else perhaps he can offer additional support to the family. I know there are so many missing people right now, but it can't hurt to ask and I have such great admiration for Tim and TES.

No one should ever be left out in the cold..

I've decided that I should send Tim Miller with TES an email about this case. If nothing else perhaps he can offer additional support to the family. I know there are so many missing people right now, but it can't hurt to ask and I have such great admiration for Tim and TES.

I have been thinking it would be great if Tim Miller were able to get involved. He is the one who found the body of Kelsey Smith here in KC in June 2007.

Family and friends of a missing Missouri mother gathered for another search for the teacher but her husband wasn't among them, MyFOXKC.com reported.
Loved ones of Renee Pernice, 35, searched for evidence Monday morning but found no signs of her. A vigil was held in the bitter cold Monday night.
Pernice's husband, Army Sgt. Shon Pernice, and the couple's three children didn't participate in the search, according to MyFOXKC.com. He did attend the vigil, however.
Renee's family said calls to Shon have not been answered and they haven't seen the children since she disappeared Jan. 2, MyFOXKC.com reported.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479775,00.html

I am so glad you were able to attend the vigil. I know how important it is for the loved ones left behind worrying to know they have the support of people who care. Bless you. :blowkiss:

They belong to a club that none of us want to join. At this point all we can do is pray and hope the authorities know more than we're hearing (which I am sure they do).

That's an excellent idea. I have so much respect for Tim and his group. You are so right...no one should be out in the cold.

I have been thinking it would be great if Tim Miller were able to get involved. He is the one who found the body of Kelsey Smith here in KC in June 2007.

The cell phone pings were what led Tim to a specific area and ultimately he found Kelsey. I'm not real familiar with the Northland, so I don't know if where Renee's phone was found is close to or near where the search was held.

The was a mountain of evidence against Kelsey's killer, Edwin Hall. I just hope the searches at Renee's house have yielded some clues as to her whereabouts.

I also think it would be great if Tim Miller were to be involved.

I sent a message to Friday, who is a fellow WS member, a respected author, dear friend and generous benefactor of Tim and TES. I asked her what she felt like was the best way to approach them about Renee's case.

I will be sure to let everyone know what I find out, as soon as possible.

I'm also concerned about Renee's children and the fact that her family members have not been allowed to speak with them since Renee's disappearance.

I swear it seems that all of these "Concerned Dad's":rolleyes: take the same "How to be heartless and cruel while the Mother of your Children is missing!" courses.

:furious:

The cell phone pings were what led Tim to a specific area and ultimately he found Kelsey. I'm not real familiar with the Northland, so I don't know if where Renee's phone was found is close to or near where the search was held.

The was a mountain of evidence against Kelsey's killer, Edwin Hall. I just hope the searches at Renee's house have yielded some clues as to her whereabouts.

I also think it would be great if Tim Miller were to be involved.

The cell phone was found 10.7 miles from her house by google map, 12-15 miles if you go by media reports. The place they searched Monday was right by Renee's house. They did search the area near where the cell phone was found but I don't think it was a grid search like near her house. I HOPE Shon was too dumb to turn the phone off because if so, they will be able to find exactly where that phone went after it left the house and what time, which could be very interesting, especially if it was during the "quiet night" he planned to spend with his wife.

I sent a message to Friday, who is a fellow WS member, a respected author, dear friend and generous benefactor of Tim and TES. I asked her what she felt like was the best way to approach them about Renee's case.

I'm also concerned about Renee's children and the fact that her family members have not been allowed to speak with them since Renee's disappearance.

I swear it seems that all of these "Concerned Dad's":rolleyes: take the same "How to be heartless and cruel while the Mother of your Children is missing!" courses.

I looked on the Equusearch website and there was a tab to click on to report someone missing. But then it said you could only report someone missing/ask for help if you were a family member or law enforcement.

HA! Great article! Lawyer for Missing Woman's Spouse Can Shut Up Now

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/01/lawyer_for_missing_womans_spou.php

Crime suspects are entitled to a vigorous defense. But every once in a while, a defense lawyer takes the concept of innocent until proven guilty and acts like a real asshat...

Incidentally, Asshat is one of my favorite words of all time. The visual image my brain conjures everytime I hear or read the word makes me gigglesnort every time.

Someone needs to put a muzzle on this attorney. Maybe he should plead the 5th before he incriminates his own client. Ugh.

Where do these guys come from?

The cell phone was found 10.7 miles from her house by google map, 12-15 miles if you go by media reports. The place they searched Monday was right by Renee's house. They did search the area near where the cell phone was found but I don't think it was a grid search like near her house. I HOPE Shon was too dumb to turn the phone off because if so, they will be able to find exactly where that phone went after it left the house and what time, which could be very interesting, especially if it was during the "quiet night" he planned to spend with his wife.

Thanks for this information.

At some point, I heard the media mention the phone was found near Independence Ave, which is not near where Renee lived. But then I heard another report that the phone was found near the cliffs, which I thought was over near Parkville.

I hope you right about the phone. It would certainly clear up some of the questions people are asking.

What a wonderful idea to contact the WS member. I remember reading a thread about her. She sounds like a great person...as is Tim.

I just hope they find Renee and soon. It's so heartbreaking.

Thanks for this information.

At some point, I heard the media mention the phone was found near Independence Ave, which is not near where Renee lived. But then I heard another report that the phone was found near the cliffs, which I thought was over near Parkville.

I hope you right about the phone. It would certainly clear up some of the questions people are asking.

They found the phone off of Cliff Drive, which is just north of Independence Ave. It runs parallel (well kinda) to Indep Ave and is real twisty and hugs the edge of the hillside (cliff). It has a real dense wooded area along it also with deep dropoffs. It is one of the old neighborhoods of KC with really nice old houses and really crappy houses all within a block of each other. What I call a "spotty" neighborhood - spots of real nice and spots of not-so-nice.

luvbeaches I am so sorry about your friend and family
It does absolutely sound like the husband decided to get rid of her rather than pay alimomy and child support via a divorce
I wonder whose idea it was to call off the divorce ?
Maybe he talked her around and this time he couldn't ?

http://www.give2thetroops.org/letters.htm

Scroll to LAST and there is a photo of him

And here http://www.give2thetroops.org/Letters2006.htm

The first one

luvbeaches I am so sorry about your friend and family
It does absolutely sound like the husband decided to get rid of her rather than pay alimomy and child support via a divorce
I wonder whose idea it was to call off the divorce ?
Maybe he talked her around and this time he couldn't ?

http://www.give2thetroops.org/letters.htm

Scroll to LAST and there is a photo of him

And here http://www.give2thetroops.org/Letters2006.htm

The first one

Sadly, I have read comments on different blogs from people who know Renee. One of them said that Renee did fit the profile of a battered woman, knew she was in danger but stayed with him, had told him before that she was going to make him move out and he said something to the effect of "I'll kill you before I'll move out." Of course, I have no proof of that but given other comments I have seen and what has been in the news and the fact that she did file for divorce and then it was called off, I tend to believe it. I just keep watching that 4th of July video of him and Renee and telling myself I'm probably watching/listening to a murderer. Ack. Here's the video:

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back