GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why the mother waited so long to actively search for Rowan. She returned home at 9, and her daughter was missing. She waited 7-8 hours? to begin looking for a 9-year-old? If none of her friends had heard from her, I would've been organizing people and driving around by noon at the latest.

"I came in around 10 minutes to 9 a.m. Saturday and went to the bathroom," said Colleen. "A lot of times she (Rowan) will open the door (to see me), when I would pull up, sometimes she would wait until I was out of the bathroom."

Not seeing her daughter, Colleen went into her bedroom to check on her. She was not there.

"I then woke him (David Spears, Colleen's husband and Rowan's stepfather) up, because he was sleeping on the couch, and asked him if she went to someone's house," Colleen said.

Colleen started calling Rowan's friends around 10 a.m.

Colleen said Rowan likes to ride her bike, but the bike was still at the house.

Not finding her daughter, Colleen started searching around 4:30 or 5 p.m. Saturday.

CaliKid I hear ya! I start freaking out almost immediately if I don't know where one of my kids are. I go into panic mode if I call them more then twice and they don't answer me..I have a son who likes to ''hide'' he has mild autism and is also 9 years old I am surprised he has not given me a heart attack yet because I just can't handle not knowing where any of my kids are at all times. He did escape the house one time when he was about 3 years old and as soon as I searched the house I ran outside and began searching the neighborhood within 15 minutes I had the Police and all the neighbors already out looking with me I don't wait because time is too precious when it comes to our kids.

I'm wondering why the mother waited so long to actively search for Rowan. She returned home at 9, and her daughter was missing. She waited 7-8 hours? to begin looking for a 9-year-old? If none of her friends had heard from her, I would've been organizing people and driving around by noon at the latest.

Another missing story that is not adding up :( That stepdad/boyfriend had to have had something to do with it.His story is not sitting well with me.Basically he said he left a 9 yearold girl home alone while he went out drinking pfft then his mom bring her car for him to use at 1 am in the morn for 5 and a half hours.Yea ok theres a lot to do in those am hours.

What is up with the mom not even physically looking for her daughter until 4:30 - 5 pm:waitasec: I would have been in panic mode as soon as I saw she wasn't in her bed or at home anywhere and her bike that she rode everywhere was still sitting in the yard.

Nope nope nope story is not adding up.I hate to say this but its not looking good that she will be found alive :( Hope she is found soon so justice can be served.

If the stepfather is a POI, it makes sense that he wouldn't be participating in the searches, but there's no reason to not honestly answer questions about Rowan unless he has something to hide. I'd say, give this man a polygraph and lock up his butt if there's any indication of foul play.

This doesn't sound good. Originally found on the Shawn Hornbeck website:

A ShawnAlert has been issued for 9 year old Rown Ford of Stella, Missouri. Rowan, a fourth-grader at Stella Elementary School, was getting ready for bed around 8:30 p.m. Friday when her mother left for work at a Wal-Mart story in nearby Purdy. She was discovered missing the next morning when her mother returned home from work. Newton County Sheriff Ken Copeland said he has every reason to believe there is foul play involved.

More at links:
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_308225837.html
http://tinyurl.com/yphval

Who was supposed to be watching her?The step dad and his friends went out hummm sound funny to me.

Nah. You didn't do anything wrong. Just wanted to point out the other thread so you could go there for more info if you wanted to. :)

Hoppy

Wow........ I was thinking the same as everyone... he was sexually abusing her and killed her, obviously... but then after seeing that short interview,, he really does seem sincere.. not like a monster.... so, either he is telling the truth and someone else (a neighbor?) went in the house and took her,, OR.... the guy has some kind of split personality... possibly brought on by alcohol.
So... has he explained WHY he asked his mother to lend him a car in the middle of the night and where they went? You mean to tell me, they really can't 'remember'...?? Surely that can't be true.

He seems like he really loved her (judging by his demeanor and his tears)... but if you really care about a child, why in the hell would you leave them alone to go drinking, and on top of that,, LEAVE THE DOOR UNLOCKED....???

ok after watching that video i feel like he didnt do it anymore...but then again im a really gullible person. Gosh i hope shes found safe, shes so adorable!! :(

After watching the video I kept thinking of Susans Smith tears ect during her interviews.Don't know if he is guilty or not but his story is not adding up with me and if true he left her there all alone with an unlocked door in the middle of the night :banghead: .

It concerns me that he is out searching for her just him and his friend.They could move her or contaminate the area when she is found and any evidence they find of him being there would be a defense lawyers dream.

*sigh* I am so cynical :doh:

He still doesn't have me convinced. Evil people get away with stuff because they are able to blend in and look innocent. I think he either did it, or one of his buddies did and he helped hide the body. I pray that they find her soon.

I saw his interview and he seems sincere, but that doesn't explain the 5 1/2 hour absence. I agree that this poor child was so poorly supervised all of the time and left alone in an unlocked house, I can easily see how someone could have been watching her and waiting for such an opportunity. If David could just explain where he was that night. Maybe he's having an affair and doesn't want his wife to know.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/14549471/detail.html

A 9-year-old southwest Missouri girl missing for a week was found dead Friday in a sinkhole in eastern McDonald County, a law enforcement official said.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because authorities had not yet made an official announcement, said the body of Rowan Ford was found on private land near Powell, about 10 miles south of the girl's hometown of Stella, a village of about 200 people.

God bless you Rowan, this should never have happened to you.

The world is a very dark place today.....

tears.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member