GUILTY MO - Russell, 34, & Rebecca Porter, 46, Willard, 17 April 2011

Interesting association made here with Springfield's 3MW, though it's a bit of a stretch:

Still, authorities are baffled by the disappearance last Sunday of Russell Porter, 34, and his wife Rebecca Porter, 46, from their home in rural Willard, Missouri, about eight miles from the city of Springfield where three women vanished in 1992.

Authorities have not suggested any connection between the Porter case and the one from 19 years ago, though the missing people did leave similar things behind in both cases.
http://whtc.com/news/articles/2011/apr/23/investigators-seek-clues-on-missing-missouri-coupl/

This is strictly IMO but I think these two led a lifestyle that led to their demise.

Still, authorities are baffled by the disappearance last Sunday of Russell Porter, 34, and his wife Rebecca Porter, 46, from their home in rural Willard, Missouri, about eight miles from the city of Springfield where three women vanished in 1992.

Authorities have not suggested any connection between the Porter case and the one from 19 years ago, though the missing people did leave similar things behind in both cases.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/23/us-missouri-missing-idUSTRE73M23420110423

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/23/us-missouri-missing-idUSTRE73M23420110423

What items were left behind? I must have missed that. Anything unusual that we know of?

The Greene County Sheriff's Department now has another case on its hands - that one a double-murder of an elderly couple just outside of Springfield. The sheriff evidently spent much of an interview today defending his department's ability to handle important cases:

Greene County Sheriff Speaks Out on Two Major Cases Friday

---
[Sheriff Jim] Arnott said the search continues for Rebecca and Russell Porter, a Willard couple last seen in their home nearly two weeks ago.

The sheriff also said a lack of strong eyewitneses in the stabbing deaths of Helen and Donald Willingham has made it tough to crack that case.
---
Arnott also said he's relied on other agencies including police departments in Arkansas to track down dozens of leads in the two cases.

But the sheriff turned aside suggestions that his department has trouble solving major crimes.
---
Arnott's department still hasn't solved the 2007 shooting death of millionaire book collector Roland Comstock.
---

more, with video, at KSPR link above

Person wanted for questioning....... they are looking for someone from a *advertiser censored* and go surveilance video in regards to the elderly couple being murdered...
Is it just me or does the guy in the video look kinda like Russell Porter????

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...ing-couple?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

He said detectives have not yet made a confirmed match and that the person in the photo remains someone detectives want to talk to, not necessarily a suspect or a person of interest.

Is it just me or does the guy in the video look kinda like Russell Porter????

I thought the guy in the photo looked on the shorter side, but it's so hard to tell from those pictures. I think RP is listed at 6' 2" in the articles. I thought the shape of the jaw and the nose from the different angles looked different as well, but I could be completely wrong. :)

I hope the family can get some answers soon, in both cases. :(

I actually did think Rusty looked like the guy in the video... but something was bugging me and now I figured out what it is.

Is Rusty left handed or right handed?

What hand did he use for most things even if it's not the hand he wrote with?

Did he use a knife or a hand saw in regular activities? Cutting up food, sawing wood?

Hufft says Rusty Porter had surgery for a brain tumor last fall. "He was really feeble. He had trouble picking stuff up with his right hand."

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/04/investigators-release-porters-home-210.html

Seventy nine year-old Helen Willingham called 9-1-1 at 5:44 a.m. and told emergency dispatcher's that there was an intruder in her home at 2919 W. Swan assaulting her 79 year-old husband, Donald. Helen dropped the phone but dispatcher's could hear a scuffle in the background until the call was disconnected.

When first responders arrived at the home 9 minutes later they found the couple dead on the floor. Both victims were stabbed multiple times in the chest area.

Arnott believes the suspect, "may have defensive wounds on his body....there was a struggle."

Shortly after Helen Willingham's 9-1-1 call, emergency dispatcher's received another 9-1-1 call from a neighbor of the elderly couple who said they chased a clean shaven, thin white or Hispanic man with a dark complexion, wearing a hoodie south from the elderly couple's home into nearby woods.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/04/sheriff-release-picture-of-man-wanted.html

If Rusty had a weak right hand/arm/entire right side in general... it would be near impossible for him to struggle with someone and stab them. Simply stabbing them, sure. But if they are struggling with him? Not so much.

I have nerve damage in my right arm. Using it for big things I'm fine. But fine motor things like opening pill bottles, using a knife, those things are very difficult.

Even when my shoulder is not in extreme pain, or swollen, there is no way I could restrain someone to stab them while they were fighting me. I struggle with simply restraining my child who is half my size.

Whoever did this stabbed at least one person in 9 minutes. I can fight someone twice my size. But when you have a hand or arm that just doesn't do what you want it to do... stabbing just isn't the type of crime you are going to be able to commit effectively.

Knowing the extent of his weakness in his right hand and how dominant that hand is... would be helpful. It actually would be a good thing to include in the missing person's information if it is noticeable.

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said he feels confident about the progress made in investigations into a missing Willard couple and a slain elderly couple, but detectives are still looking for more information from residents.

"There is somebody (in the public) with information in both of these cases. . . We need these people, even if they think the information they have is minor," Arnott said Friday.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110430/NEWS12/104300327/Residents-urged-share-tips-cases

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back