GUILTY MO - Russell, 34, & Rebecca Porter, 46, Willard, 17 April 2011

Authorities hope a reward ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 can help locate Russell and Rebecca Porter.

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott announced the reward Monday during a news conference attended by nine of the rural Willard couple's relatives.

Arnott said investigators hope laboratory testing of genetic samples, provided by relatives and taken from evidence recovered at the couple's home on Route HH after their April 17 disappearance, will provide more leads on the case.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110503/NEWS01/105030332/Up-15-000-reward-offered-search-missing-couple?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Among the searched areas was property on which Robert Campbell, Russell Porter's uncle, lives.

Court records reveal a heated dispute between Campbell and the Porters.

Both parties have traded protection orders in Greene County court, each claiming fear of physical harm by the other.

Five requests for protection orders were filed less than one month before the Porters were reported missing. A judge granted two orders total, one in favor of the Porters and one in Campbell's favor. Both parties were ordered to stay away from each other.

No underlying cause for the dispute is noted in the paperwork.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110505/NEWS12/105050380/Court-records-reveal-heated-dispute-between-Porters-uncle?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Special%20Reports|p

They went through the 120-acre farm and adjoining land grid by grid, finally gathering enough manpower, good weather, and consent to search from the neighbors.

"We’ve had cooperation with that, but it’s taken some time to make sure everybody’s on board, so we can look for things," said Arnott.

The sheriff says they did find some things on Wednesday morning, but he can’t say what.

"We don’t know if it’s connected with anything, so we’ll see," he said.

By early afternoon, many searchers left and a backhoe was brought onto the property to search some areas that appeared recently disturbed; it left a short time later. The sheriff is still not calling this case a homicide.

"Absolutely not," he said.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-new-search-for-clues-about-missing-porters-was-followup-to-earlier-search-by-air-bloodhounds-20110504,0,3026998.story

After not hearing from her mother for over a day, Becky Porter's daughter reported the couple missing after finding the couples car with the keys in the ignition and the doors to the house wide open. Inside the house were Becky's purse, cell phones, medication, shoes, and relatives say the house reeked of bleach - "the plastic runways they had to protect the hardwood floor were soaked in bleach," according to Hufft.

"Everybody knows what happened, they [authorities] know what happened......they're just trying to prove it. The sheriff told me that they've wanted this guy for twelve years but people don't show up for court or they disappear. When you get someone else to do your dirty work, it's hard to prove."

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/05/grid-search-conducted-at-porters-home.html

...already it's been a month

SW Missouri couple missing for a month
---
Sheriff Jim Arnott says a couple of people who he believes have information in the case are not talking to investigators.

KY3-TV reports that the sheriff believes the couple likely is still alive, and people who are involved will be captured.
---
a bit more from AP at Joplin Globe link above

wow I do agree with the person who commented.....real life "winters bone".

Nearly Two Months Later No Sign of Missing Couple, Reward Fund Growing for Rebecca and Russell Porter
---
[Rebecca Porter's brother, Darrell] Hufft says Greene County detectives asked him if he was involved. “That is the most ridiculous thing I've been asked in my life. It did it dropped me to my knees,” Hufft said. “I couldn't believe they'd ask me something like that. They said they'd been sitting around the coffee shop talking about it and thought I had something to do with it. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard in my life.”

[Rebecca's sister Joyce] Lamp says she agrees. “I want the community to know our family knows Darrell had nothing to do with it,” Lamp said. “The people that know our family know Darrell had nothing to do with it.”
---
more, with video, at kspr.com link above

Hmmm.....

Really hoping to hear more....
What happened to this couple?

Interesting - and lengthy - David Lohr article from Huffington Post gives this case some of the attention it deserves:

Missouri Woman Jessica Bullock Searches For Missing Mother, Stepdad
---
"I spoke with my mom on the night of Sunday, April 17, and she said she did not feel well. She told me she thought she had food poisoning, the stomach flu or something like that. I told her maybe she should go to an emergency room and she told me she would see how she felt in the morning and then decide," Bullock said.

The following day, Bullock repeatedly phoned her mother but was unable to reach her. After she completed her shift at work, she continued to try to reach her to no avail. With darkness, her concern turned to worry, and around 11 p.m. Bullock made the 45-minute drive to her mother's home.
---
much, much more at link above (with pictures, video)

(from Lohr article above)
Russell does not work. He is a computer person -- online all the time," Bullock said.
In this day and age, that second sentence is always a cause for concern when someone goes missing.

My thought is that one of them did the other in (having help in body removal/escape). Someone cared enough to clean up with bleach. I don't know that random abductors would care. Just my working theory for now . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...897801.html#s308566&title=Russell_And_Rebecca

This article says he was online all the time while Rebecca worked. IMO that is never a good scenario - what was he looking at all day, who was he in contact with. All in isolation.

All of Rebecca's items were left. I didn't see mention of whether Russells items were left, particularly his laptop.

Sheriff: Missing couple's death a double homicide
---
A Taney County deputy found the skeletal remains of Russell and Rebecca Porter in a rural, vacant area near Protem, Mo.
---
[Greene County Sheriff Jim] Arnott said there was enough evidence to identify the cause of the death, but he was not prepared to release it Friday.

Taney County Sheriff Jimmie Russell said the Taney County coroner will conduct an autopsy on the remains Monday.
---
more at ky3.com link above

A bit more, from ozarksfirst.com link below:
---
Deputies had information that led them to that area. The scene was one to two miles off Protem Cedar Creek Road. Taney County Sheriff Jimmy Russell estimates the nearest house is about two miles away.
---
Investigators believe the amount of time their remains were resting in the rural area is consistent with the time the couple went missing.
---
Authorities are waiting on autopsy results to determine how the couple died. Those results are expected Monday.
---
Update: Porter Case Now a Double Homicide

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda