MO MO - Scott Kleeschulte, 8, St Charles, 8 June 1988

If the dogs scented him to an apartment building that was under construction, was the construction site ever searched thoroughly?

It was one of the boys brother who was arrested for murdering them, in a bizarre sex crime. They were found in the same woods which Scott had disappeared from. The brother who was killed bears a resemblance to Scott, IMO:

Weekly World News Archive, 1990

http://books.google.com/books?id=Kf...&resnum=2&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Wow. I wonder where that Zach kid is now?

I watched the story of Scott Kleeschulte on NG's missing tonight and his case reminded me of Jacob Wetterling who was taken at age 11 in 1989 in MN. (We have a thread for Jacob here on WS also under missing in the 1980's.) Jacob was actually seen being taken - but the kidnapper wore a mask. He's been missing for 21 years now also.

I thought that the Scott Devlin who was shown earlier on this thread looked like Scott Kleeschulte. He could have been kidnapped by Michael Devlin and adopted the name. Did anyone ever send that myspace to LE?

I watched the segment last week and it's so sad. I was 13 when he disappeared. One thing that stuck out for me in that interview is that the brother, who said he was 12 at the time said that he told police that there were areas that Scott would never go (near the water, in a creekbed or something like that) and so they didn't bother to search there. I wonder if that's the truth or the way he remembers it? Why would they take the word for a 12-year-old boy?

St. Charles police search home in missing child case from 1988

They got a search warrant. They used cadaver dogs. But they came up empty-handed.

A review of the case files in the disappearance of 9-year-old Scott Kleeschulte had given St. Charles police investigators a glimmer of hope about solving the 23-year-old mystery.

[snip]

St. Charles Police Lt. Mike Akers declined to say specifically what information spurred the most recent search, which happened at the end of November at a home in Kleeschulte's neighborhood. Akers would say only that it had come from a comment in an old interview.

Wishing for closure in this case.

Interesting that LE had enough to get a warrant.

St. Charles Police Lt. Mike Akers declined to say specifically what information spurred the most recent search, which happened at the end of November at a home in Kleeschulte's neighborhood. Akers would say only that it had come from a comment in an old interview.

"We feel now that maybe this person wasn't very reliable or wasn't giving us good information," he said.

Neighbors said authorities drilled holes through the concrete in the garage and other areas around the home in the 3400 block of Leverenz Drive. Akers said the dogs did not detect anything.

The search warrant was sealed for 120 days by St. Charles County Circuit Judge Nancy Schneider. She could not be reached for comment.
Attempts to reach the property owner, who now lives in the Troy, Mo., area, were unsuccessful.

Kleeschulte's family still lives in the same tidy ranch home as it did in 1988, a few doors from the house that was searched. They declined, through authorities, to be interviewed.

In 1994 I had mulitple sightings of a boy that I thought looked and seemed a lot like Scott. I never reported it because I just assumed that the chances that he might still be alive after almost 6 years were infinitesimal. When the Devlin case broke I kicked myself for not having reported the sighting way back then. If an abducted boy could be alive after 4 years- couldn't one have been after 6? After just watching the CNN clip and seeing all the different photos of Scott I'm kicking myself even harder.

I guess the moral is that we should speak up if we think we have spotted a missing person. Let the detectives sort it out and don't be left wondering "what if?" for years to come.

Scott vanished 24 years ago today. I still hope that he is alive and that he knows his family and friends want him to come home.

Scott would be 34 years old today - April 12, 2013.

Thinking about him. Hoping he has survived.

Scott would be 34 years old today - April 12, 2013.

Thinking about him. Hoping he has survived.

Thanks for bumping this up, D Jay . . . distance wise, this case is fairly close to me, but I had never heard of it!

However unlikely it may be . . . I, too, hope Scott has somehow survived and is celebrating a happy birthday today. :please:

:bump: for Scott, missing 25 years this week. :(

2lvM9Zp.jpg

Scott Kleeschulte disappeared in 1988. He walked out of his house in St. Charles on June 8, the start of summer vacation after first grade. A neighbor spotted him a few blocks away. Then Scott was gone. Vanished. No body. No clues. Among the missing. After 25 years, he’s still missing.

http://bransonperry.com/2013/05/17/for-families-of-missing-children-the-pain-is-not-knowing/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back