MO - Tanya Chamberlain, 43, murdered, Lee's Summit, 1 Nov 2015 *Arrests*

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that post was at best inappropriate. Seriously!

I'm with you on lack of parental supervision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's inappropriate about telling people to be careful?

What's inappropriate about telling people to be careful?
RSBM

I think other posters may have misunderstood you and thought you were making too light of a horrible crime.
(--- Don't think it was meant like that.)
I personally do not drive very much alone late at night without my husband ; maybe being too cautious, Idk.

Who cares if they were a "Boy Scout and football player", DM ?
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-33...et-knife-propping-body-car-going-joyride.html
Boy Scout and football player, aged 13 and 14, 'stabbed disabled mother to death with a pocket knife before propping her body up in her car and going for a joyride'

What does that matter now ? They have --allegedly, because each one is now blaming the other-- basically destroyed their lives and brutally stolen another life.
Oh, and 13 and 14 years old... should be old enough to be tried as adults, imo. Most if not all of us knew at that age that murdering and stealing cars was wrong.

The fact that she was placed in the car and taken for a joyride is beyond disturbing.
from above link :
The teens, one of whom is a Boy Scout, then allegedly put her body into the passenger seat with her feet propped up on the dashboard before taking her car on a joyride.
Emph. mine

If they are found guilty, lock them up and throw away the key. :banghead: :maddening: :furious:

:moo:

Rest in gentle peace, Tanya , I am sorry your last moments on earth were like this. :(

Be very careful what you wear when you leave your house. Scout out the area first & make sure there are others around to make it less likely you will be prayed upon. *sarcasm all mine*

More pressing - to me - is WTF are these boys doing out at 2am with no parental supervision and why did they think it was A-OK to carjack and murder a random stranger?

bbm

IMO, they simply didn't give a dayam whether it was okay or not.

They could have run instead of crawling into her car, but they didn't. SMH.

Speechless. How in this big world do these kids come up with this? It's beyond human.

I find it interesting, but not surprising, that the national media has been virtually silent on this story. Can you imagine if the races of the perps and victim were reversed though? 24/7 coverage.

My two cents...

Considerable research has repeatedly shown that news reports over-represent black perpetrators and white victims, so the odds are against greater news coverage by a reversal of race in this scenario. http://journalistsresource.org/studies/society/news-media/racial-bias-reporting-research-trends

The only time I hear about black victims in the national media is when they are killed by a cop, and considering there are hundreds of cases a year, only a small handful are getting significant coverage. Can someone point me to a case that got 24/7 coverage where a black woman was killed by white kids?

I hope it will not be an issue with the two minutes missing from the tape.I assume that is the moment she was stabbed and any defense attorney will try to weave magic with that evidence.Maybe they get dna from the bloody clothing they wore.

The therapist stated one reason kids do this is because of "No other way out",please! I and many of us grew up in unstable abusive homes and poor but never would kill someone.How does this help them "Get out"? I have not heard what or if they stole anything or what they did with the proceeds,was it spent on food,rent? I doubt it.I doubt they recieve much time on this and we will hear alot of excuses.
Sorry for multiple posts.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Trident

That's not the moral I got out of that story.
I would say never be out vacuuming your car at 2 am by yourself or unarmed (and trained).

Well, now that it's been said, I am sadly going to agree. I was raised by a "door-locker" -- we were in a small town, but both my parents stressed keeping the doors locked and about being careful and watchful wherever you go. This was not stressed to the point of paranoia, or anything else. Just parenting. But here, today, we keep our house doors locked when we leave and every night, and I lock my car whenever I exit it -- even parked in our driveway. Habits.

I do not ever see me stopping at an outside car-wash, etc., by myself at night at any time for any reason. And please know that not for one minute am I thinking she was "asking for it" or inviting trouble. Absolutely, in this country -- and others -- anyone should have right to do what she did at any time without fear -- it appears clean & well-lit, etc. And this may have been the only time she had available to do it -- maybe it was a routine thing for her. Harming no one, minding her own biznezz, as we say. Maddening.

And these two were just messing around, prolly feeling a bit powerful just because they should have been home in bed after doing their homework. Wrong time, wrong place for all three of them. Such a shame for all of them as well as for all people who will be personally affected by this tragedy.

Here ends teeny rant...
icon9.png

Originally Posted by cuffem
I hope it will not be an issue with the two minutes missing from the tape.I assume that is the moment she was stabbed and any defense attorney will try to weave magic with that evidence.Maybe they get dna from the bloody clothing they wore.

Agreed. I'm thinking that finding her DNA in/on their clothes, shoes, etc., would not be too difficult. And the knife. Let's hope.

The only time I hear about black victims in the national media is when they are killed by a cop, and considering there are hundreds of cases a year, only a small handful are getting significant coverage. Can someone point me to a case that got 24/7 coverage where a black woman was killed by white kids?

No. In fact it rarely makes the news when a black woman is killed by a cop.

Maybe this is just one of those cases when everyone thinks "She shouldn't have been at a car wash at 2am" so it's not as newsworthy as a more exciting story? Or maybe the news cycle right now is packed with other stories. It also took place in a city with a high crime rate and the media can't cover everything. Which is sad because everyone should count, but they're forced to pick and choose.

RIP Tanya.

Well, now that it's been said, I am sadly going to agree. I was raised by a "door-locker" -- we were in a small town, but both my parents stressed keeping the doors locked and about being careful and watchful wherever you go. This was not stressed to the point of paranoia, or anything else. Just parenting. But here, today, we keep our house doors locked when we leave and every night, and I lock my car whenever I exit it -- even parked in our driveway. Habits.
I do not ever see me stopping at an outside car-wash, etc., by myself at night at any time for any reason. And please know that not for one minute am I thinking she was "asking for it" or inviting trouble. Absolutely, in this country -- and others -- anyone should have right to do what she did at any time without fear -- it appears clean & well-lit, etc. And this may have been the only time she had available to do it -- maybe it was a routine thing for her. Harming no one, minding her own biznezz, as we say. Maddening.

And these two were just messing around, prolly feeling a bit powerful just because they should have been home in bed after doing their homework. Wrong time, wrong place for all three of them. Such a shame for all of them as well as for all people who will be personally affected by this tragedy.

Here ends teeny rant...
icon9.png

I was brought up that way too and am an "extreme door locker". Some may think its too extreme but its just the way I was raised and taught. We used to live in a crime area so that is probably why my parents taught me to lock at all times. It is second nature now to me and it is not an inconvenience to me.

-I lock my car doors as soon as I get IN my car

-I lock my car doors every time I leave it for any reason

-I lock my house doors definitely when I leave for any reason

-When arriving I even lock my house doors as soon as I get settled and will not be going back out to the car. My family members get mad at me sometimes as they have to unlock the door when I am home so I do try to know when they are coming and unlock it before they arrive.

-I keep billfold in my front pants pocket to keep from being pick-pocketed. Saw Oliver too many times. LOL

I know I'm :deadhorse: but the pastor husband of Amanda Blackburn is going on national TV tomorrow and that made me think to compare the two stories. There has been much more coverage overall and her thread here (not to criticize - I've posted there too!) has almost 1,000 comments, compared to 35 here. Google Amanda and about 160k results come up, google Tanya and less than 10k results show up.

Amanda was pregnant and her murderer is still on the loose. Her husband was a pastor and had a following. Is that the difference? I don't know but I just don't get it. :confused:

I was raised on a farm where the front door wasn't locked but the gate to the pasture always was. Sometimes I'm forgetful about locking my front door (whether while out home or while going for a walk) but I always lock my car doors. I live in a safe city but have only been out by myself after midnight four or five times in the last six years.

I'm so sorry for Tanya. Truly sad and sorry. :(

I was brought up that way too and am an "extreme door locker". Some may think its too extreme but its just the way I was raised and taught. We used to live in a crime area so that is probably why my parents taught me to lock at all times. It is second nature now to me and it is not an inconvenience to me.

-I lock my car doors as soon as I get IN my car

-I lock my car doors every time I leave it for any reason

-I lock my house doors definitely when I leave for any reason

-When arriving I even lock my house doors as soon as I get settled and will not be going back out to the car. My family members get mad at me sometimes as they have to unlock the door when I am home so I do try to know when they are coming and unlock it before they arrive.

-I keep billfold in my front pants pocket to keep from being pick-pocketed. Saw Oliver too many times. LOL

Ditto for me in all you said -- except for the billfold -- now I'm thinking about that one... :)

I know I'm :deadhorse: but the pastor husband of Amanda Blackburn is going on national TV tomorrow and that made me think to compare the two stories. There has been much more coverage overall and her thread here (not to criticize - I've posted there too!) has almost 1,000 comments, compared to 35 here. Google Amanda and about 160k results come up, google Tanya and less than 10k results show up.

Amanda was pregnant and her murderer is still on the loose. Her husband was a pastor and had a following. Is that the difference? I don't know but I just don't get it. :confused:

I was raised on a farm where the front door wasn't locked but the gate to the pasture always was. Sometimes I'm forgetful about locking my front door (whether while out home or while going for a walk) but I always lock my car doors. I live in a safe city but have only been out by myself after midnight four or five times in the last six years.

I'm so sorry for Tanya. Truly sad and sorry. :(

I think a big reason for the difference in coverage is that Amanda's case has/had the potential to be a huge story, as long as an intruder is not arrested. The media could have another Scott Peterson case on their hands. However, I feel like since the Paris attacks, the chance of that case blowing up has decreased significantly. Davey was on GMA yesterday, but the media's focus has been 98% Paris.

Testimony reveals Lee’s Summit woman was stabbed or cut 49 times - April

Tanya Chamberlain was stabbed or cut 49 times, with wounds to her right and left jugular veins causing her death.

Robert Pietak, a deputy for the Jackson County medical examiner’s office, testified that Chamberlain suffered multiple stabbing or incised wounds to the face, neck, back, forearms and hands.

Pietak said an autopsy also revealed that Chamberlain had a large incision wound to her neck and was stabbed on each side of her body.

Schieber heard nearly five hours of testimony from a deputy juvenile officer, an employee from the Missouri Department of Youth Services, Pietak and a child psychologist who examined the suspect’s mental and emotional state on behalf of defense attorney Jarrett Johnson.

Testimony from Ahmad Belcher, a deputy juvenile officer for the Family Court of Jackson County, revealed that the teen suspects approached Chamberlain three times prior to what authorities called an unprovoked attack.

15-year-old Lee’s Summit boy charged as adult in murder of 43-year-old woman - May

A 15-year-old Lee's Summit boy will face murder charges as an adult for the killing of 43-year-old Tanya Chamberlain last November.

Trevon Henry was only 14 at the time of this crime, but Judge Robert Schieber says a repeated history of stealing, lying and misbehaving while in the juvenile system shows that treatment and rehab there hasn't done him any good.

Second juvenile charged as an adult, accused in killing of Tanya Chamberlain in Lee’s Summit - June

Jackson County prosecutors filed a first degree murder charge against a 14-year-old boy on Thursday, he's the second juvenile who will be tried as an adult in the November 1, 2015 killing of Tanya Chamberlain.

Joshua Trigg faces the murder charge in addition to armed criminal action and first degree robbery along with alleged accomplice Trevon Henry, who is now 15. Trigg and Henry are accused of repeatedly stabbing Chamberlain and killing her at a Lee's Summit car wash in the 900 block of Northeast Langsford Road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back