MO - Tasha Haefs, 35, Decapitated 6 yr old Son & Dog, Kansas City, 16 Feb 2022

Jewels53

Reaction score
A Kansas City, Missouri, mom decapitated her six-year-old son and a dog, according to police.

"The community now knows some of the terrible details of the death of this 6-year-old child," Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said in a statement. "It takes our breath away."

Tasha Haefs allegedly called 911 on Tuesday night telling authorities that she believed the devil was trying to attack her, KCTV reported. She denied having a mental illness before hanging up the phone.

Officers arrived at her home and found blood on the front steps and could hear a woman singing. The woman allegedly sang louder as they knocked on the door.

One officer saw what appeared to be a severed head inside the residence. Authorities went through the backdoor and found Haefs with blood on her legs and feet.

Missouri mom decapitates 6-year-old son and dog, placed horrifying 911 call: Police

Sick, sick, sick! jmo

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 35-year-old woman is charged in the death of her 6-year-old son.

Prosecutors charged Tasha Haefs with first-degree murder and armed criminal action less than a day after she was arrested at a home in the 7300 block of Indiana Avenue.

Kansas City police were dispatched to Haefs home shortly before midnight Tuesday night.

In the application police submitted to get a search warrant, officers said a woman in the home called for help, said someone was trying to harm her, and “the devil was trying to attack her.”

Court documents show officers noticed what appeared to be blood leading to the front door of the house. Documents also showed officers heard a woman singing loudly who refused to answer the door. The louder they knocked, the louder she sang.

Court paperwork shows that an officer looked inside a window home and saw what he thought was part of a child’s deceased body. They also learned there were three children known to live in the house.

Woman charged with murder of 6-year-old son in Kansas City

@Niner another case

@Jewels53 - geez.... unbelievable.... are people just getting more evil or what??!! :eek:

I take it you would like me to keep up with this case? I have no problem - as long as I have you giving me the court dates. Any for this one yet?

2216-CR00727 - ST V TASHA L. HAEFS

Charge/Judgment
Description: Murder 1st Degree { Felony A RSMo: 565.020 }
Date: 02/15/2022 Code: 565.020-001Y202009.0
Arresting Agency: KANSAS CITY PD

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 02/15/2022 Code: 571.015-001Y202052.0

02/16/2022
Special Conditions
The Court finds by clear and convincing evidence that no combination of non-monetary conditions and monetary conditions will secure the safety of the community or other person, including but not limited to the crime victim and witnesses. The Defendant shall be detained without bond per Rule 33.06(d).
Bond Set
Amount of Bond Set - NO BOND
Warrant Prepared
Document ID: 22-KTCAW-76, for HAEFS, TASHA L., Bond Amount: NO BOND, Bond Text: MOKPD0000 KCPD-NO BOND-The Court finds by clear and convincing evidence that no combination of non-monetary conditions and monetary conditions will secure the safety of the community or other person, including but not limited to the crime victim and witnesses. The Defendant shall be detained without bond per Rule 33.06(d).-Set date at 1:30pm (10) working days after bond posted Excluding Thur & Fri KG/CH
Probable Cause Statement Filed
Filed By: JOHN G GROMOWSKY
Background Sheet Filed
Filed By: JOHN G GROMOWSKY
Complaint Filed

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Have to enter her name to search.

No further court date as of now @Niner

@Jewels53 - so from the court site - which I can't access -

Set date at 1:30pm (10) working days after bond posted Excluding Thur & Fri KG/CH

So - excluding this Thursday (today) & Friday (tomorrow) - will make it Monday the 28th??

Never mind - I read that wrong - it says 10 days AFTER bond posted - but since she has no bond.... :rolleyes: :confused: :)

They describe Karvell as a boy who loved going to the park and playing in the snow. They wrote that Karvell loved school and watching TV with his two siblings. His favorite food was the original Popeyes Chicken sandwich and fries.

Prosecutors charged Karvel’s mother, 35-year-old Tasha Haefs, with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in his death.

Police identify 6-year-old boy killed in Kansas City home

@Niner Karvel was the little boys name. I won't put his last name here it is in the article, don't believe it belongs in the thread. jmo

They describe Karvell as a boy who loved going to the park and playing in the snow. They wrote that Karvell loved school and watching TV with his two siblings. His favorite food was the original Popeyes Chicken sandwich and fries.

Prosecutors charged Karvel’s mother, 35-year-old Tasha Haefs, with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in his death.

Police identify 6-year-old boy killed in Kansas City home

@Niner Karvel was the little boys name. I won't put his last name here it is in the article, don't believe it belongs in the thread. jmo

Okay - I don't need his last name anyway. Plus I can't access those Fox articles you have posted... and I shall await for her next court date from you.

The Kansas City Star as of yesterday has alot of information on Tasha Haefs.

Unable to link so I won't quote. They did interview Haef's own mom. Absolutely worth reading if it can prevent an atrocity like this. Poor kid. I can't imagine his fear.

Tasha Haefs, accused of decapitating son, will undergo mental tests

Feb. 19, 2022
.....The prosecution of Tasha Haefs, 35, was suspended Thursday after a court ordered the mental health evaluation, KSHB reported.
[.....]
Prosecutors say that Haefs admitted to killing the child, according to The Kansas City Star.

Haefs was being held without bond in the Jackson County Detention Center.

During her arraignment on Thursday 2/17/22, the mental health evaluation was ordered and a public defender was ordered to represent Haefs.

The Kansas City Star as of yesterday has alot of information on Tasha Haefs.

Unable to link so I won't quote. They did interview Haef's own mom. Absolutely worth reading if it can prevent an atrocity like this. Poor kid. I can't imagine his fear.

Here is a link to the article @Filly mentioned above: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article258567118.html

Some relevant parts:

“Relatives of Tasha L. Haefs, the Kansas City mother accused of killing her 6-year-old son this week, say she spent years working through drug addiction, depression and severe trauma. But from their perspective, she seemed relatively fine to them in the days leading up to the homicide. And they were shocked to learn the horrific details of the crimes leveled against her after police found her covered in blood in the kitchen of her rental home…..”
“Cherie Haefs, Haefs’ mother, told The Star her daughter had in recent weeks been dealing with family strains in Kansas City. She said she believes her daughter was recently experiencing hallucinations and breaks with reality. Cherie Haefs, also of Sioux City, said she spoke with her daughter’s boyfriend, who is the father of her two eldest grandchildren, by phone on Friday from the halfway house where he is currently living. She said they’re working to find legal help for Haefs in the criminal case. “He enlightened me with a lot of problems that Tasha was having that he was helping her with,” Cherie Haefs said, adding that she had trekked down to Kansas City on other occasions when her daughter had difficulty describing “what was happening with her thoughts.”
“Cherie Haefs said her relationship with her daughter has mostly been over the phone as they live hundreds of miles apart. She said she has at some points seen her daughter display warning signs that something was wrong, though she does not believe she ever sought mental health counseling. And in the aftermath of Karvel’s death she’s begun to hear more stories that have raised alarm. She recently heard from her older grandson that Tasha Haefs had shown up to a Kansas City relative’s house. She heard her daughter was talking about “a straight-up devil house” that was “full of devil” and yelling at a relative about putting her and the children in a bad situation. “Her son was standing there. She looked straight at him and said, ‘Like this devil,’” Cherie Haefs said. Tasha Haefs has spent most of her life in Sioux City. Her relationship with her biological family was fractured at several points.”

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article258567118.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Here is a link to the article @Filly mentioned above: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article258567118.html

Some relevant parts:

“Relatives of Tasha L. Haefs, the Kansas City mother accused of killing her 6-year-old son this week, say she spent years working through drug addiction, depression and severe trauma. But from their perspective, she seemed relatively fine to them in the days leading up to the homicide. And they were shocked to learn the horrific details of the crimes leveled against her after police found her covered in blood in the kitchen of her rental home…..”
“Cherie Haefs, Haefs’ mother, told The Star her daughter had in recent weeks been dealing with family strains in Kansas City. She said she believes her daughter was recently experiencing hallucinations and breaks with reality. Cherie Haefs, also of Sioux City, said she spoke with her daughter’s boyfriend, who is the father of her two eldest grandchildren, by phone on Friday from the halfway house where he is currently living. She said they’re working to find legal help for Haefs in the criminal case. “He enlightened me with a lot of problems that Tasha was having that he was helping her with,” Cherie Haefs said, adding that she had trekked down to Kansas City on other occasions when her daughter had difficulty describing “what was happening with her thoughts.”
“Cherie Haefs said her relationship with her daughter has mostly been over the phone as they live hundreds of miles apart. She said she has at some points seen her daughter display warning signs that something was wrong, though she does not believe she ever sought mental health counseling. And in the aftermath of Karvel’s death she’s begun to hear more stories that have raised alarm. She recently heard from her older grandson that Tasha Haefs had shown up to a Kansas City relative’s house. She heard her daughter was talking about “a straight-up devil house” that was “full of devil” and yelling at a relative about putting her and the children in a bad situation. “Her son was standing there. She looked straight at him and said, ‘Like this devil,’” Cherie Haefs said. Tasha Haefs has spent most of her life in Sioux City. Her relationship with her biological family was fractured at several points.”

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article258567118.html#storylink=cpy
Oh my Lord! And no one said a word to anyone??

2216-CR00727 - ST V TASHA L. HAEFS

02/17/2022 Case Suspended - Mental Eval
Order for Mental Examination
Rapid Response ordered.
Ord Pub Defender to Represent
Bond Review Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 02/24/2022; 10:00 AM ; SARAH ANNE CASTLE; Criminal Justice Center
Order
Initial Appearance held. Bond Review hearing set for February 24, 2022 at 10:00 AM in Div. 1.
Initial Arraignment Hrng Held
Scheduled For: 02/17/2022; 1:00 PM ; SARAH ANNE CASTLE; Criminal Justice Center
Initial Appearance
Associated Entries: 02/17/2022 - Initial Arraignment Hrng Held
Scheduled For:
02/17/2022; 1:00 PM ; SARAH ANNE CASTLE; Criminal Justice Center
Warrant Served
Document ID - 22-KTCAW-76; Served To - HAEFS, TASHA L.; Server - ; Served Date - 18-FEB-22; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Police Department; Reason Description - Served
Notice of Service
Warrant Served 2216-CR00727; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2022
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
SARAH ANNE CASTLE 10:00 AM 1 OF 1 Bond Review Hearing Scheduled
Event Text: Location: 2ND FLOOR-CIRCUIT COURTROOM Criminal Justice Center
Address: 1315 Locust KANSAS CITY MO

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/events.do

@Niner

Thursday, February 24th:
*Bond Review Hearing (@ 10am CT) - MO – Karvel (6) & dog (Decapitated by mother, 2/15/22, Kansas City) - Tasha L. Haefs (35) arrested & charged (2/15/22) & arraigned (2/17/22) with 1st degree murder & felony armed criminal action. No bond.
Haefs told police that the boy was her biological son & admitted she killed him.
2/15/22 Update; Special conditions: Court finds by clear & convincing evidence that no combination of non-monetary conditions & monetary conditions will secure the safety of the community or other person, including but not limited to the crime victim & witnesses. Defendant shall be detained without bond. probable cause statement filed.
2/17/22 Update: During her arraignment on Thursday, 2/17/22, the mental health evaluation was ordered and a public defender was ordered to represent Haefs. The prosecution of Haefs was suspended Thursday, 2/17/22 after a court ordered the mental health evaluation. Bond review hearing on 2/24/22 @ 10am.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back