MO MO - Tracy Ramsey, 20, Kansas City, 30 Oct 1984

You all have great theory's that could be helpful to her case but I need real names so you can talk to the cold case detective's to try to help solve her Case. It would be greatly appreciated. I gave the detectives this website to look at but they can't do anything with your theory's without your names. It would really help with your names or you could just tell me.

Katana, this is fawns sister amber cox. You got part of the story right. Read tortoise post by me and you will truly know what happened. I posted 2 separate articles about my sister fawn.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

Based on new info, It seems that my prior theories may be wrong - live and learn.
I am fawn Cox's sister. Amber cox. You can ask me questions any time. I posted 2 articles under tortoise or ambercox1

I was just thinking today - there are only two plausible scenarios for this crime.
1 Someone followed Fawn home from work at Worlds of Fun amusement park that day and waited for the opportunity to break in.
2 Someone lived nearby(maybe directly behind her house) and plotted this crime for a while.
The location of her house makes a spontaneous break-in and attack seem unlikely, as they obviously new that she slept in the second floor bedroom and they obviously new who she was.
This case grieves me much also as this young girl attended the high school that i drive a bus for and also attended my church home (Sheffields) and she was attacked in what should have been the safety and sanctuary of her home.

According to news reports, some people were charged for this crime but the charges were dropped.
I have no idea who they were or why police came to suspect them and since this is an open case, i wouldn't bother asking.
What, how do you know all this. Your closest to right.

I have been trying to talk to someone for years about this case but nobody listens to me or responds back, and its really sad, i did not know Fawn Cox but I know things about this case and i google her name at least five times a year to see if any new developments have came about, and i just now found this site, surpised it took me so long. "Now to Fawn Cox dear young beautiful lady, we did not know each other but we are closer than people know and I'm still trying, but nobody wants to listen to me, but I will keep trying until they get "him" or we meet in Heaven which ever comes first, you are in my thoughts daily"
What? This is amber cox. Who is this? Wow!

Yes, i do have the city directory for 1989 and have found that a father and son owned the two houses next door to Fawn and Tracy.
Their last name is Curtright.
I have found a sex offender with that last name in Springfield, but i don't know if its the same family.
Many of these houses were vacant and the one on the end was under construction.
Without knowing who the police interviewed at the time, its hard to speculate.

There must be DNA evidence in the Cox case since it was a sexual assault/murder.
I am just hoping that one day the squad places a priority on this case and does the testing/matching.
There were 2 houses beside us owned by the curtrights. I thought there was only one son. Wow! I did not know there was a brother who was a sex offender. Interesting that lived in Springfield.

I was a friend of Fawn's in high school. It was devastating and a complete shock that summer. She was the sweetest person. She was truly nice to everyone and always smiling. Rumors were that she was killed by the older brother of one of our classmates. I don't want to say her full name but, the last name is Yates. I cannot remember the brother's first name and I'm not even sure if he shares the same last name. I only heard he was a suspect but, LE was unable to get enough evidence against him. Also, it was rumored there were several guys present during her attack, that she was friends with them (possibly dating one) and that they belonged to the Northeast area gang called the Ninth Street Dogs. They threw many items out the window into the backyard such a her stereo but, left everything there in the yard so possibly attempting a robbery or just causing destruction. Fawn was found strangled with her nightgown. Her family was sleeping downstairs in the air conditioned living room and did not hear anything over the loud unit. Her best friend lived across the street and in Fawn's bedroom was a picture of her and written across it said "You're next."

What I wonder today is do they have a DNA sample and have they attempted to use modern day DNA technology?
Hi Katana, I am fawns sister amber cox. They do have DNA but there was no sign in her bedroom that said you are next. She was a very sweet person. Is there anything else you know that can jog your memory. The guys name was Chris yates. He does have a sister but I don't know her name. Chris yates was the one with our belongings. Thanks, amber

Hi Katana, I am fawns sister amber cox. They do have DNA but there was no sign in her bedroom that said you are next. She was a very sweet person. Is there anything else you know that can jog your memory. The guys name was Chris yates. He does have a sister but I don't know her name. Chris yates was the one with our belongings. Thanks, amber

Sent you a PM Amber

Yes, i do have the city directory for 1989 and have found that a father and son owned the two houses next door to Fawn and Tracy.
I have found a sex offender with that last name in Springfield, but i don't know if its the same family.
Many of these houses were vacant and the one on the end was under construction.
Without knowing who the police interviewed at the time, its hard to speculate.

There must be DNA evidence in the Cox case since it was a sexual assault/murder.
I am just hoping that one day the squad places a priority on this case and does the testing/matching.
Please Disregard the above. I had no idea at the time.

Gary Breeden died in 2014

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-31_13-10-57.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-31_13-10-57.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 11
It really doesn’t seem Tracy and Fawns cases are related at all imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back