MO - Twins Allannah & Alliya Larry, 2, die in hot car, Portageville, 16 June 2010

According to all the newspaper accounts I read-

Grandma laid down for a nap on the couch with the twin 2-year-olds as well as their 3 year old brother at 1:30pm.

Who in their right mind thinks 3 children under the age of 4 will stay on a couch behaving for at least 2 1/2 hours while they nap?

Mother (23) lived in the same apartment complex with her 5 children, but was off 'running errands'. No mention of babydaddies. No mention of who was caring for the other 3 children- whether they were at grandma's as well.

Why does it seem like when children die/get killed, someone is always off 'running errands'? Does nobody work anymore?

Around 4pm, grandma wakes up to take an 18 year old cousin of the twins to work.
No mention of where this person was, or if they were in the apartment as well.

The car, an Impala, had damaged keylocks and could not be opened from the outside with a key. Grandma only used key to start ignition. Doors locked from inside.

Aren't Impalas those old, metal cars with really heavy doors?

Do Impalas only have one door lock? Can no other door be opened with the key? Don't most car doors unlock from both driver and passenger side?

Conflicting stories about timeline- a couple say grandma woke up to drive 18 year old to work and at the same time discovered the twins missing- then found them in the car and family broke in to get them. A couple others say the grandma called a maintenance or locksmith worker to open the car and at that time found the girls on the floorboards in the back, implying nobody had even noticed the girls missing until then.

The twins had gotten locked in the same car 2 weeks earlier, but were rescued. At that time it was the 18 year old boyfriend of the mother who was babysitting and decided to take a nap and the twins just happened to wander off.

A 23 year old with 5 children and an 18 year old boyfriend? Just ewww.

In a couple of reports, neighbors claim the mother pulled the girls out.

I guess she got back from her 'errands' a little too late?

In some reports, LE wonders if the 3 year old brother was responsible for getting the girls into the car, but he won't talk about it.

Really? Was he responsible both times? Did he help them open the apartment door, open the car door and shut them in, then go back inside? He might have been involved/responsible, but grandma, mother and 18 year old boyfriend were not?

I don't think anything about this story adds up. Where was the mother both times this happened? Where was the boyfriend the second time? Where were the other 3 children the first time, and where were the other 2 children the second time? How did the grandma wake up in time to take the cousin to work, and where was that cousin? Who else was in the apartment? What kind of idiot thinks you can take a nap on a couch with 3 toddlers without SOMETHING happening? Why were they not just put in their cribs? Or did they even have cribs?

I am having a hard time seeing why no charges are being filed. 2 times the girls got locked in a car while people took naps? How much more likely is it that they were put IN the car so that people could take naps undisturbed?

True story- when I had my eldest, he had non-stop colic for over 4 1/2 months. I got no rest, no sleep, and I was going crazy because hearing screaming constantly is SO stressful. My doctor suggested that I take breaks by putting my son in his carseat in the car and shutting the door. To sit in a chair nearby for 10 minutes and read a book for a break. Surprisingly, cars do muffle noise. I did that, and it really helped my stress levels- but I never left him unattended. Magically, at age 4 1/2 months the colic disappeared. Thank goodness- and thank goodness my second child did not have it!

I can absolutely imagine that both an 18 year old boy and a grandma who are uneducated about how to care for children would think it was a good idea to put 2 rowdy toddlers in a car so that they could get some shuteye. And this is without even imagining what their thought processes might be if there were drugs involved. Now, I have no explanation for why a 23 year old mother of 5 would think it a good idea to let an 18 year old boy care for their 2 year old twin girls....

These are just MY thoughts.

seriously? they are gonna scapegoat a 3 year old boy for this?

disgusting

True story- when I had my eldest, he had non-stop colic for over 4 1/2 months. I got no rest, no sleep, and I was going crazy because hearing screaming constantly is SO stressful. My doctor suggested that I take breaks by putting my son in his carseat in the car and shutting the door. To sit in a chair nearby for 10 minutes and read a book for a break. Surprisingly, cars do muffle noise. I did that, and it really helped my stress levels- but I never left him unattended. Magically, at age 4 1/2 months the colic disappeared. Thank goodness- and thank goodness my second child did not have it!

They told me to either run the vacumn cleaner or put the car seat on top of the dryer.

I recall wondering what was more dangerous? Me losing my mind or just propping the screaming infant up on a running clothes dryer in a seat?

I opted for the vacumn. I put my DD in her crib. I turned on the vacumn. I shut the door. By that time no exaggeration she had to have been crying and wailing for eight hours on and off. I must have walked ten miles in this house bouncing the baby and singing and the whole nine yards.

Vacumn on. Crying infant in crib. TV turned up. Peace? Nope. Something told me there's something just not right. Here the vacumn from staying in one place started to burn the rug. I got in there before I smelled the rubber burning, but Lord forbid. Had a burn in the rug the length of the vacumn.

Now, if one single person can deal with a baby with colic can't a large family between all of them know what the heck twin 2 year olds are doing?

It takes a village they say. Well, ya have alot of people running errands and going in and out and you lose twins twice? Twice these kids are locked in a da*n car?

the 3 year old locked the kids in the car. sorry that just doesnt pass the stink test

the 3 year old locked the kids in the car. sorry that just doesnt pass the stink test

How did he lock the doors?

Where did he go once he locked them in?

Did he lock them in the car the last time?

This is not exactly what happened here, but reminded me of this horrific case in Camden in 2005. Three boys died in the trunk of an abandoned car. The car was on or very near the property of where there was a cook-out going on. The women went inside for "about half an hour" to cook. When they came outside the boys were missing.

Cops came and searched for the kids, but never checked the trunk. There was a huge lawsuit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/19/nyregion/19camden.html

reminds me of this case i saw on dateline once, from the late 60's i think. this freak shook his infant son to death while mom was out shopping, so, of course, he needed a scapegoat. figure his 18 month old stepdaughter would do. so he put the girl in the crib and the baby on the floor. told mom (who he was abusing naturally) that she must have 'thrown him out of the crib.' police, apperently not having enough coffee that night, bought this utter nonsense and mom didnt push for answers. daughter grows up and wonders why no one ever mentions her baby brother around her. imagine her suprise when she goes to the libarary one day as a teenager and finds she's been a accused baby killer (accidental) all these years. after years of trying to open the case, famous ME Micheal baden exumed the body and performed an autopsy. step dad finally gets nailed for the murder

reminds me of this case i saw on dateline once, from the late 60's i think. this freak shook his infant son to death while mom was out shopping, so, of course, he needed a scapegoat. figure his 18 month old stepdaughter would do. so he put the girl in the crib and the baby on the floor. told mom (who he was abusing naturally) that she must have 'thrown him out of the crib.' police, apperently not having enough coffee that night, bought this utter nonsense and mom didnt push for answers. daughter grows up and wonders why no one ever mentions her baby brother around her. imagine her suprise when she goes to the libarary one day as a teenager and finds she's been a accused baby killer (accidental) all these years. after years of trying to open the case, famous ME Micheal baden exumed the body and performed an autopsy. step dad finally gets nailed for the murder

Wow!:eek: Can you even inagine seeing your name in the library for that?

So, do we think these people purposely put these kids in that car and are blaming the little boy?

Why would you only put the twins in there and not the 3 year old as well if it was on purpose?

you wouldnt need to put the 3 year old in if you were using him as a scapegoat filly.

either these people are murderers or they are all on drugs. seriously something is wrong and i dont think the 3 year old had anything to do with this.

twice? seriously? twice?

you wouldnt need to put the 3 year old in if you were using him as a scapegoat filly.

either these people are murderers or they are all on drugs. seriously something is wrong and i dont think the 3 year old had anything to do with this.

twice? seriously? twice?

Oh right. That makes sense. You'd need the kid as the blame.

Hey, I'd agree except I see things happen to the kids around here and BAM the next day they are right back out all by themselves. Nobody watching them.

Yup, could be drugs.

Oh O.K. "Investigation Continues"

I didn't see this posted. Apologies if it was.

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1644324.html

article reads like they are gonna shuffle this under the rug filly.

maybe use the 3 year old as a scapegoat and say he 'accidentally' locked them in. that resolves the police and cps who put those girls back in these people's custodies

well that would depend on whether the three year old could open the doors of the car either. I got one myself (a three year old that is, not an impala - and that's my point...mine cant open the doors of our car yet though he tries pretty hard. as a previous poster said and as I also recall impalas have big heavy doors that arent that easy for even me to open)

as a 3 or 4 year old myself, I knew swearing was bad and so I didnt swear. my 2 year old sister once yelled D@MN IT in a room of adults and I found the shock fascinating. so then whenever there were adults around I would whisper in her ear to say D@MN IT. that was all well fun til I got caught ..haha.

my point being if the 3 year old COULD open the doors, and got all that fantastic attention the first time, I could see it happening again. if he could open them. which still beggars belief that after it happening once, some adult somewhere didint open their freaking eyes and start paying attention.

i dont buy it at all, it makes no sense. it makes less sense that it happened twice.

if the police fall for this i will give up on humanity forever.

I have a 2.5 and a 3.5 at home, and they are all boy let me tell you! The older of the two can unbuckle his carseat straps while Im driving, which is sooo dangerous and scary. I have child locks on the rear doors, I drive a minivan. he can open the doors from the inside ( if it werent for the child locks) but he cannot manage to open them from the outside. they are sliding doors, and probably not as heavy as an Impala door. my point is, now way, no how could he manage to lock his little brother inside the car without my knowledge. Its just impossible. he could never get the doors open from the outside ( believe me he does try) and then couldnt manage to shut them tight enough to lock from the inside. Not to mention, the doors to my minivan are always locked, and my keys hang on a high peg in the kitchen. Because I have preschoolers, if ANYTHING is left in their reach, I may never see it again. I'm not buying that this 3 yr old locked the twins in this car, and Im not buying that they managed to get themselves in there either. Its just another case of neglect at best, or worst murder!

It is down right sickening to read again of young children dying due to neglect. Something else that is down right sickening to me is that young, irresponsible women are allowed to reproduce over and over again like rabbits and allowed to dump their litters onto the aging grandmothers and go on about their lives, sometimes dragging in boyfriend after boyfriend. Something is so wrong with this picture. Implanted birth control needs to be implemented with these breeders. If that doesn't work, then sterilization will. The children are suffering and sometimes dying because the egg donors do not give a hoot. They will just lie down and create another one to replace the one who dies horribly. If this grandmother is imprisoned she will most likely not babysit again. It is not fair to allow the young punks to reproduce every nine months and bring their partners into the home of the grandmother and expect the grandmother to look after their offspring. The mother of the babies is responsible, the sex partner is responsible and yes, the overworked, overburdened grandmother is responsible. DCF should have taken the children the first time around.:furious::furious::furious::banghead:

so its not the grandmothers fault she slept while the babies cooked?

imo they are all responsible, and putting the blame on the 3 year old is the lowest thing imaginable.

I have a 2.5 and a 3.5 at home, and they are all boy let me tell you! The older of the two can unbuckle his carseat straps while Im driving, which is sooo dangerous and scary. I have child locks on the rear doors, I drive a minivan. he can open the doors from the inside ( if it werent for the child locks) but he cannot manage to open them from the outside. they are sliding doors, and probably not as heavy as an Impala door. my point is, now way, no how could he manage to lock his little brother inside the car without my knowledge. Its just impossible. he could never get the doors open from the outside ( believe me he does try) and then couldnt manage to shut them tight enough to lock from the inside. Not to mention, the doors to my minivan are always locked, and my keys hang on a high peg in the kitchen. Because I have preschoolers, if ANYTHING is left in their reach, I may never see it again. I'm not buying that this 3 yr old locked the twins in this car, and Im not buying that they managed to get themselves in there either. Its just another case of neglect at best, or worst murder!

We were all at my Mom's one Saturday. My mom has 13 grandchildren, 6 of them were two at the time and two were three. We missed my then 2 year old neice. We hunted every where for her. We finally started checking cars. She had gotten in the car and buckled herself in her carseat. We were lucky that day. Before that I would have never thought they could open the car door....mine couldn't. After that we always made sure that all car doors were locked.

again, living with a houdini preschooler, our house is like fort Knox! Hes number 4 in my line up, and Ive never met a child like him, and I certainly havent parented one before. He is not afraid of anything, and once he gets an idea in his head, there isnt any reasoning with him. For this reason, I am afraid to sleep! I could never fall asleep on the couch midday with them, and expect that they would be sleeping like little angels when I awoke 3 hrs later!! I have high slide locks on every outside door, alarms on the windows in the boys' room, and I have to use an extra tall baby gate to keep him contained in his room at night. Im so afraid that he could and would wander off while im sleeping, and with him its a very real possibility. I never went through this with any of my other kiddos, he is just a different type of personality. This grandmother should be charged with neglect! You have to take the proper precautions with children, period. She cannot claim ignorance, the same scenario had happened 2 weeks prior!

i find it hard to believe that this 'accident' happened twice.

youd think, if the first was indeed an accident, they'd make sure it wouldnt happen again?

I find it hard to believe a 2 year old could even open a car door on their own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back