MO - Twins Allannah & Alliya Larry, 2, die in hot car, Portageville, 16 June 2010

from the above linked article:

Police Chief Ronnie Adams said investigators presume that both girls died of hyperthermia. A check of the car's temperature more than an hour after the bodies were removed found it was still 140 degrees.

Two weeks ago, police in Portageville, about 170 miles from St. Louis, were called to the home when relatives found the twins locked in the same car, which has a problem with the locks and can't be opened with a key from the outside.

That time, Adams said, "we had to get a locksmith and get them out." He said the girls were not trapped for as long that day, and were unhurt.

Wow, just plain wow!! um, I would have gotten rid of that car

sorry this is not a recent occurrence , , , sleuthing to see if charges were brought against any of the adults involved

They waited for a locksmith, are you kidding me? They couldn't bash in a window to spare the kids the additional sufferring? I can't imagine watching my child sweltering inside a locked car while I waited for police and a locksmith. The police should have broken in if the parent didn't.

Wow, that just made me sick to my stomach. I hope that grandmother is charged with neglect. She should be. Granted, I don't know the whole story, but this happened once before just two weeks ago!! How can you fall asleep with little ones around, unattended????

They waited for a locksmith, are you kidding me? They couldn't bash in a window to spare the kids the additional sufferring? I can't imagine watching my child sweltering inside a locked car while I waited for police and a locksmith. The police should have broken in if the parent didn't.

That's what I thought too!!! Wouldn't your first instinct be to break the windows???? This is just unreal to me.

According to Portageville Police Chief Ronnie Adams the grandmother of twin girls who died in a hot car last week will not face any criminal charges.

Chief Adams tells Region 8 News police don't have enough evidence to charge anyone in the death of Allannah and Alliya Larry.

http://www.kait8.com/story/12674562...o-died-in-hot-car-in-region-8?redirected=true

Dang!

Oops, I posted before reading all of the replies. That REALLY irks me!!!! Not enough evidence???? This happened once before!!! And she was NAPPING with little kids running around!!! OMG this has me so mad...

RIP little twin girls....

Sounds like the grandmother didnt learn her lesson the first time around!

these cases just make my blood boil.

I think the weather wasn't hot the first time, instead a locksmith was called.

It's not like she was waiting on the locksmith this time, when it was 140 degrees inside the car.

Here's my question - if they KNEW these children could lock themselves in and it had happened before, WHY WOULD YOU NOT JUST LEAVE THE FLIPPIN' WINDOWS DOWN??

Here's my question - if they KNEW these children could lock themselves in and it had happened before, WHY WOULD YOU NOT JUST LEAVE THE FLIPPIN' WINDOWS DOWN??

or simply lock the doors so children couldn't get in it

I don't understand why she isn't being charged, at the very least, with child neglect.

Wow, that just made me sick to my stomach. I hope that grandmother is charged with neglect. She should be. Granted, I don't know the whole story, but this happened once before just two weeks ago!! How can you fall asleep with little ones around, unattended????

Why is the car not locked up tight in the first dayam place???? Yeah, you could leave a window down, if the windows were electric, but why invite disaster in the first place?

Or, he!!, just give 'em the keys...
icon8.gif

I remember being forbidden to play in cars when I was little, and I didn't...that was a BIG no-no for me & all my little buddies.
icon9.gif

I don't understand why she isn't being charged, at the very least, with child neglect.

Seems cases like this happens more often now than in the past. LadyL it makes not a lick of sense to me for the grandmother not to be charged. The newspaper said this occurred before. Grandmother knew the toddlers could get out I guess? It seems wrong for her not to get some kind of punishment. imo

sorry this is not a recent occurrence , , , sleuthing to see if charges were brought against any of the adults involved

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 4:45 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 23, 2010 3:59 PM CDT

Another sleeping adult. How many times do we have to hear how children were neglected/injured/lost outside while the "adult in charge" was ASLEEP!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back