Mom Says Family Will Never Live In Home Again! What?

I have been wondering why the family has been staying with relatives. As I was reading the article about the interview the PI had with DB and JI today, I got my answer...

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15687317/day-10-private-investigator-interviews-baby-lisas-parents-family

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -"The couple has been staying with relatives since then. They returned to their home on Lister Avenue Thursday morning to pick up mail, but Bradley has reportedly said the family will never return to the home to live."

end snip

What happened in that house that was so traumatic they would never want to live there again????

If the baby was abducted, that is horrible. But do you give up your home, and all the equity in it, and never move back there again?

We have no idea what evidence the police have. We do know they used luminol... Did they find something, some evidence that something horrible happened in that house?

Thoughts???

JMOO:waitasec:

I would..my baby beign stolen from the house, all the memories..I would be out of there like white on rice. Try to make a home somewhere that won't hurt everytime you round a corner, just the dozen times a day you think of Lisa.

Also her kids must be terrified of returning there. A place a child was stolen? I don't think she would do it to the kids.

About 20 years ago my place was broken into while we were out for a 20 minute walk. Our tv, vcr, and microwave were taken. My Son slept in my room for a while after that. I was scared chitless on the nights I was alone with my Son until I moved from that place. Electronics...I can't imagine how I would feel if it were my baby.

OMG, I can not imagine how scared I would be! Glad nothing irreplacable was stolen!

Damned if they do and damed if they don't.

OMG, I can not imagine how scared I would be! Glad nothing irreplacable was stolen!

The only thing not replaceable was my Son. The fact that someone easily got into our apartment freaked me out. Found out much later that it was the loser downstairs.

Interesting. I can see them being scared, but they said this was caused by open window, and then an unlocked door. Unless the lock doesn't work, or the window is broken, why leave? Are they in a bad neighborhood or something? If someone had actually broken in, like broke the door or window, I could understand leaving. But this mystery kidnapper got in because a door or window was left unlocked. The first thing I would be doing is locking down everything, especially if I had no money to move anywhere. This just doesn't feel right to me. They are leaving that house a week after she was taken? I admit that it could be for good reasons, but something is just off about this to me. I can't shake it. You don't flee a house like that unless horrible happened inside of it. Then again, Zahra Baker's stepmother cleaned up the mess and kept living in her house. I guess it depends on the person. They could be scared enough to not want to be there, maybe thinking someone would take another one of their kids? I just don't know what to think!

Strong feelings, well-argued, on both sides here. But I can easily see why one would go.

My first thought - Would someone fake a kidnapping to solve financial problems if there were any?

I can understand wanting to move and staying. That's a tough decision.

Shades of Satsuma.....

Ugh!!! My parents used to live there and moved before all that happened. I never want to drive past there again when i go for a visit. I think u may be right on that phrase though. moo

...not to mention, I think the horrible memories of my child being stolen in that house would hugely override the good memories there.

There is a thread either in the jury room or the parking lot (I did a quick search but couldn't find it) where members discussed families that moved immediately after a child went missing.

Some do, some dont. Some leave the home right away, and some stay in the same home with the same phone number for 25-30 years.

I don't think one way or the other about this. JMHO

I don't think I'd want to spend another night in the house either.
If my child was stolen while I slept, nothing else in this world could make me feel like my family was safe there anymore.

We had some weirdos follow us home from a party once. They had their lights turned off so we knew something was up. My bf pulled over and there was a violent confrontation. Fortunately, my bf got the upper hand on the one he confronted and while dude was laying in the ditch with his butt kicked, the other dude in the car took off and only returned to get him after we'd left the scene and gone on to our house.

Ever since that night almost three years ago, I've not felt safe in my home and am more than a little vigilant about locked doors and windows. I've gone so far as to glue some windows shut with gorilla glue and put deadbolts that can only be locked and unlocked with a key on every door going inside the house. And I still can't wait for my son to graduate and make it easier for us to move away.

So yeah, I can totally understand why DB and JI would not want to return to the house.
The person that took her isn't likely to just bring her back and there is no way in heck that Lisa would find her own way back home.

I'm not sure how I would feel - and pray I never do know. On one hand, I would want to be there if by some miracle my baby was brought home. On the other hand, I would be scared to death and worry for my other children. I just don't know how I would handle any of this!

Every time unlinked material enters the picture - alleged foreclosure, alleged loss of driver's license, much more - it adds to the overwhelming weight with which rumor has infested this case. Link to MSM or to a statement from a verified local, or cease and desist.

The public property records I looked at didn't show the house to be in foreclosure.

JI has owned the home, with only himself on the deed for 9 years.

I don't know if that was the place a foreclosure would show???

I did not see anything on the clay county tax assessor record for the Irwin home either, but they may just not report it there.

On my tax assessor's webpage you can see if a property is deliquent on taxes and by how much!

The public property records I looked at didn't show the house to be in foreclosure.

JI has owned the home, with only himself on the deed for 9 years.

I don't know if that was the place a foreclosure would show???

I dont think it would show until repoed. not sure about that though! moo

This can play both ways but if it was a true abduction and my child, I would be still in that house with a lot of security. Who knows if the kidnapper wanted to try and communicate something to me. How are they to find me now if I'm not in the house? I would be having my number advertised with an answering machine picking up. What if there is information someone has that doesn't want to go to police or media...well not being in the house, or contact information of them...that won't happen.

I don't think I could be parted from her room, I would be probably doing the unhealthy thing of sitting in her room clutching her blanket.

To me this is more distance she wants from it all. Close to cracking I think

Every time unlinked material enters the picture - alleged foreclosure, alleged loss of driver's license, much more - it adds to the overwhelming weight with which rumor has infested this case. Link to MSM or to a statement from a verified local, or cease and desist.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500