Mom Says Family Will Never Live In Home Again! What?

There is also another possible reason for moving. The non-custodial parents of the other two children could possibly use this in a court case against the custodial parents to gain custody of the boys. If a baby was kidnapped from the home and the custodial parents continue to stay in the home it could possibly be argued that they are putting the other children at risk.

MOO

There is a thread either in the jury room or the parking lot (I did a quick search but couldn't find it) where members discussed families that moved immediately after a child went missing.

Some do, some dont. Some leave the home right away, and some stay in the same home with the same phone number for 25-30 years.

I don't think one way or the other about this. JMHO

Oh, I started a thread about that a while back. I forgot all about it! Thanks for reminding me, I'll go read it now if I can find it.

Once again, I'm on the fence.

One the one hand, always being reminded of <insert whatever happened>.

On the other hand, it's been a week and a half. There are still no suspects. Would they change their mind if it ends up being a family member who stole Lisa and said person spends the rest of their life behind bars?

I would prefer to know what happened before I made a call like "never living there again".

This wasn't a break in, if there was a perp they won't even be charged with breaking and entering. Trespassing, maybe.

Every time unlinked material enters the picture - alleged foreclosure, alleged loss of driver's license, much more - it adds to the overwhelming weight with which rumor has infested this case. Link to MSM or to a statement from a verified local, or cease and desist.

The foreclosure is only a theory as to why the mother stated the family would no longer live in the house. Or is her statement only a rumor and not established fact?

JMO

I can appreciate arguments for or against leaving/staying in the home, but there are two young boys who should also be considered. They probably have friends in the neighborhood, as well as familiarity with their school. I'm concerned about those two boys right now and hope they aren't being uprooted from a comfortable environment unnecessarily. Most children are resilient, but those boys are dealing with a very stressful set of circumstances - a lot to deal with at their tender ages. jmo

This can play both ways but if it was a true abduction and my child, I would be still in that house with a lot of security. Who knows if the kidnapper wanted to try and communicate something to me. How are they to find me now if I'm not in the house? I would be having my number advertised with an answering machine picking up. What if there is information someone has that doesn't want to go to police or media...well not being in the house, or contact information of them...that won't happen.

I don't think I could be parted from her room, I would be probably doing the unhealthy thing of sitting in her room clutching her blanket.

To me this is more distance she wants from it all. Close to cracking I think

I wouldn't want to leave the house, either. I would also leave my child's room just as she left it. Lisa's mother announcing they won't return is just another strange aspect among many.

JMO

Damned if they do and damed if they don't.

Exactly. It's not like baby Lisa can someday appear on their doorstep and say "Hi, Mom, I'm home!" She will have no memory of that house later on in life and their memories of her will go with them. And if the other kids are scared they might get kidnapped too, well.... it makes sense.

Oh, I started a thread about that a while back. I forgot all about it! Thanks for reminding me, I'll go read it now if I can find it.

If you already know this shortcut then please ignore!

Go to your user profile (click on your bolded name in upper right hand corner of screen and it will take you there).

Click on tab "statistics"

Under total posts look for all threads started by you.

Gives you a list of threads you personally have started.

(good tip for everyone else that doesn't know) :)

Let's keep in mind that they are in a highly emotional state right now. Just because someone says "never" it does not always equate to never.

So, I still don't know what I would do, but I would not currently be in the home. LE could advertise a phone number for me if they wanted (given that phones were stolen would a perp try to call???). Baby Lisa will never know the home if she grows up far away, so that is out. Memories are in my head, but the scary ones would never leave. I would never sleep, I would be a big mess.

I'm just taking it with a grain, and understanding that I cannot understand how they are feeling, what stages you would go through (obviously none in a week), and I would say the same danged thing.

The foreclosure is only a theory as to why the mother stated the family would no longer live in the house. Or is her statement only a rumor and not established fact?

JMO

I don't need someone's statement to know if a house is in foreclosure. It either IS - OR - ISN'T!

Someone threw it out there now they need to back it up!

MOO but "if" it turns out that the truth is that Lisa was infact abducted out of her home, from her room.. I, too could not be forced to live in that home ever again, no matter what amount of equity was built up In the home.. "if" it were a case similar to say Hailey Dunn with a 13 yr old and I held onto a glimmer of hope that she was out there as a runaway.. That IMO would be different as I could see it difficult to leave the room the child had a hand in decorating and making the room HER'S.. Hoping against hope one day she'd miraculously decide to come "home" and her home still be exactly as she left it.. That would leave me torn and find it difficult to ever alter her room as she left and to always be in that home should she ever find her way back to it someday..

But here that is not applicable.. It's nit as if Lisa
Would ever return to the safe haven as her home if she were to escape her abductor.. She is a 10 month old baby, that sadly the more time that passes the further any memories of her life and home with her family fade away.. The room and house do not hold the same meanings as they do with say, Hailey Dunn IMO..

Especially given the fact that these parents have two other small children I personally if in those same shoes would never so much as spend one night there with my other children.. To stay and live in the home when you are just broken into and robbed when no one is home is very difficult in and of itself.. The violation that is felt just from this is tremendous and leaves you feeling wide open and vulnerable.. I can attest to tht from personal experience.. Difficult and definitely takes time for you to ever feel "normal" in your own home, and NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU DID PRIOR TO THE VIOLATION..

So, I can only imagine the overwhelming feelings that one would have of vulnerability, fear, and literal terror if someone came into my home and abducted my child!! Those feelings IMO would be so overwhelming IMO that you could not force me stay in that home with my children for even one more night!!! And think of the children.. These children believe as they slept their sister was stolen from the bedroom next door.. At their age I imagine a grave sense of fear and terror fills their little heads of this "monster"(and in little kids heads likely they picture who took their sissy was a "monster") and can you imagine their feeling comfortable or not in literal fear for their own lives?? What's keeping the "monster" from coming back in the middle of the night for one of them?? In their minds I see this as a very real fear..

Due to so many of the multiple reasons(some listed ^above^) I, nor would my other children ever spent another night in that home!!!

I completely understand this decision and would never pass
Judgement on a family in this nightmare.. But that's just me and MOO..

My mom died in our home when I was a young girl. We all went to the hospital and stayed there as she died in the ER. When I went back into the house, I just was scared, and anxious. It was the first time I had been in our home, and momma was not there.

As the years went on, I grew up and the memory of her dying in front of me faded. I was glad we had the house, as I had so many fond memories of her there.

It's a two edged sword.

But there again, in my situation, I knew for sure Momma would never come home.

If my baby was missing or kidnapped, no way would I move from that house...praying she will be brought back to us and I would add a secure alarm system

If there was a terrible accident that occurred I think I would have to move then..

Yrs ago our home was broken into...it was devastating for all of us even the three kids at the time. They cut a glass window in my dtrs rm to get in....they went thru everything,
drawers, jewlery,elecronics,they made a good a haul all in broad daylight.......you do feel very violated knowing someone was in your home and went thru your things.....My kids slept in the den for a few weeks,they didn't want to be in their rooms,they knew the person had been in their rooms....eery feeling.

My friend lost a child and the accident occurred in the house. The moved as soon as they could.

My 15 yr old son committed suicide in our home ,almost 7 years ago .We're still here.
It took 3 years for me to pack away the dirty clothes on the floor of his room,but I finally did it.
It's not always easy ,but is right for us.
It helps that I was given the image of angels scooping him up to take him home.
We stayed at a beach house for a month after the funeral ,and friends visited. At first I didn't want to leave my house. It felt like I was leaving James. Then,after a month ,I didn't think I could face going back to our house.

I can understand moving,also ,especially if you felt unsafe.

I don't find anything hinky in Deb not wanting to go back to that house.She's still enduring a horrific event,if someone took Lisa .She may change her mind later.

Just a gently suggestion. When posting theory or opinion we always need to indicate that it is theory, opinion or speculation.

That's why you see so many members type JMHO after a post or a part of a post that contains theory, speculation or opinion. It's just a way we indicate on here that we are theorizing, speculating or opinionating :)

Again, just a gentle reminder I am not a mod :D

oh and JMHO too!

My 15 yr old son committed suicide in our home ,almost 7 years ago .We're still here.
It took 3 years for me to pack away the dirty clothes on the floor of his room,but I finally did it.
It's not always easy ,but is right for us.
It helps that I was given the image of angels scooping him up to take him home.
We stayed at a beach house for a month after the funeral ,and friends visited. At first I didn't want to leave my house. It felt like I was leaving James. Then,after a month ,I didn't think I could face going back to our house.

I can understand moving,also ,especially if you felt unsafe.

I don't find anything hinky in Deb not wanting to go back to that house.She's still enduring a horrific event,if someone took Lisa .She may change her mind later.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I don't know what this means...can you eleborate Peliman? pretty please? :waitasec:

Haleigh Cummings, went missing from her home in Satsuma, Fl. Feb. 10th, 2009. Her father Ronald Cummings refused to move back into the home because it might be bugged. His girlfriend Misty Croslin couldn't talk on her cell phone, told a friend her phone was bugged.

Haleigh is still missing and the case remains unsolved. One great big circus act going on in that one. Both Ronald and Misty are currently incarcerated on unrelated drug charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back