Moorers' Bond Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, are SM and TM allowed to communicate with each other? Tia.

I'm assuming whatever it was the Assistant Solicitor wanted to have sealed until trial is still "sealed". Remember?

Could it possibly be the "flop" IYKWIM?

Anyone care to sleuth that while I run to the store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

I don't understand.

She asked the Judge if she could submit something already sealed and not discuss.

Moved post to Trial thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_7eecb926-4b47-11e4-bddd-0017a43b2370.html

“The State will ask for an Order of this Court to file a motion under seal, effectively restricting access to said motion to the Court and parties of this case,” the motion continues. “This motion is made on behalf of the State with the intent of preserving the integrity of a fair and impartial jury and to ensure a fair and impartial trial for both parties.”

With so many charges against them, could they make bond and then go back to jail anyway?
Is it a ploy to see what they do or say (to find HE) IF they ever got out even for a day?
IMO LE has enough to convince a judge to leave them in jail...................

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/10/28/4567738_second-motion-to-compel-evidence.html?rh=1

Bond on the indecent exposure charges is set at $20,000 for Tammy Moorer, while bond was denied on the obstruction of justice and making false statements, according to records at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.
Bond is set at $85,000 for Sidney Moorer on the false pretenses, obstruction of justice and indecent exposure charges, according to jail records.

Somehow I had completely missed this. Thanks passionflower!!
http://sheriff.horrycounty.org/Detention/DailyBookingsandReleases.aspx

Look up Moorer:

HC02211429169
MOORER, SIDNEY STCLAIR
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29588 AMERICAN (US) MALE 01/14/1976
39 2/21/2014 11:00:00 AM incarcerated
MURDER - NO BAIL SET
KIDNAPPING - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET
OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE - Pre-Trial - $32,500.00
INDECENT EXPOSURE - Pre-Trial - $5,000.00 (2 Charges)
FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE - Pre-Trial - $32,500.00
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - Pre-Trial - $10,000.00

HC02211429165
MOORER, TAMMY LORINDA
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29588 AMERICAN (US) FEMALE 03/08/1972
42 2/21/2014 8:50:00 AM incarcerated
MURDER - NO BAIL SET
OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET
INDECENT EXPOSURE - Disposed - $5,000.00 (2 Charges)
FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - Disposed - $10,000.00

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/10/28/4567738_second-motion-to-compel-evidence.html?rh=1

Look up Moorer:

HC02211429169
MOORER, SIDNEY STCLAIR
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29588 AMERICAN (US) MALE 01/14/1976
39 2/21/2014 11:00:00 AM incarcerated
MURDER - NO BAIL SET
OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE - Pre-Trial - $32,500.00
INDECENT EXPOSURE - Pre-Trial - $5,000.00 (2 Charges)
FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE - Pre-Trial - $32,500.00
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - Pre-Trial - $10,000.00

HC02211429165
MOORER, TAMMY LORINDA
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29588 AMERICAN (US) FEMALE 03/08/1972
42 2/21/2014 8:50:00 AM incarcerated
MURDER - NO BAIL SET
OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET
INDECENT EXPOSURE - Disposed - $5,000.00 (2 Charges)
FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - Disposed - $10,000.00
Bigger flight risk?

<snipped & edited>

MOORER, SIDNEY STCLAIR

1. OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE - Pre-Trial - $32,500.00
  2. FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE - Pre-Trial - $32,500.00

MOORER, TAMMY LORINDA

1. OBTAIN SIGNATURE OR PROP. UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, VALUE $5,000 OR MORE - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET
  2. FALSE STATEMENT ON APPLICATION FOR MEDICAID ASSISTANCE - Pre-Trial - NO BAIL SET
You're not the only one @stillwatersc!

According to the Horry County Index:

• They were all filed on 6/11/14.
  • Value actually says $10,000 or more for both. (3471-Breach / Obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more)
  • SM shows "Bonds" at $32,500 for both charges. The "Bonds" tab for Tammy is inactive. (IMO, this doesn't mean she's not eligible. I don't 100% trust whoever updates the system. I could be wrong though
  • Case Parties shows Evans, James L Jr (Officer) with address: P O Box 11549 Columbia SC 29211. This is State Attorney General's Office.
Financial related counts filed against Horry County couple charged in Heather Elvis disappearance
Posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:21 pm | Updated: 8:00 am, Fri Jul 25, 2014. By Michael Smith

The false application charge is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to three years in prison and a $1,000 fine.

The obtaining goods under false pretenses count is a felony that carries a prison term of up to 10 years and a $500 fine.

According to the warrants, the Moorers misrepresented their income generated by self-employment during a period between January 2007 and March 2013.

"This is significant because this willful and unlawful misrepresentation of facts caused the defendant ... and his spouse and their children, to unlawfully qualify for substantial Medicaid benefits," the warrants state.

[...[

OBTAINING SIGNATURE OR PROPERTY BY FALSE PRETENSE
http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/summaryCourtBenchBook/HTML/OffensesF.htm

According to the Horry County Index:
  • They were all filed on 6/11/14.
  • Value actually says $10,000 or more for both. (3471-Breach / Obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more)
  • SM shows "Bonds" at $32,500 for both charges. The "Bonds" tab for Tammy is inactive. (IMO, this doesn't mean she's not eligible. I don't 100% trust whoever updates the system. I could be wrong though
  • Case Parties shows Evans, James L Jr (Officer) with address: P O Box 11549 Columbia SC 29211. This is State Attorney General's Office.

I have been chewing on this all day. Could be the system is not updated correctly but not as fun to speculate on that. ;)

Maybe Lorinda's attorney thinks that it is a possibility that Sidney could get out on bond but his client would still be held on the kidnapping/murder or the fraud charges. Then he would want to be able to spin explain why Lorinda was still in the pokey. Hence the request to end the gag order. Wild speculation? :dunno:

Legally the state can't keep a defendant in jail because the community may want to do that person or persons harm. That's not a constitutional reason. It would have to be because they are the threat or a flight risk or some combo of factors. The state could grant bail but make the amount so high (like $3M or more) that it would be almost impossible for them to meet the burden.

Y'all remember Tammy's text about packing her trailer and hightailing it to Canada? Maybe that's come back to bite her.

Legally the state can't keep a defendant in jail because the community may want to do that person or persons harm. That's not a constitutional reason. It would have to be because they are the threat or a flight risk or some combo of factors. The state could grant bail but make the amount so high (like $3M or more) that it would be almost impossible for them to meet the burden.

BBM

It should be noted that, although the Eighth Amendment prohibits excessive bail, BUT... there is no inherent Constitutional right for a Defendant to be offered bail in the first place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail

The right to bail pending trial is guaranteed to all persons by Article I, Section 15 of the S.C. Constitution in all instances except in capital cases or offenses punishable by life imprisonment. The Constitution further provides that excessive bail cannot be charged. A magistrate or municipal judge cannot, therefore, set bail at a figure higher than an amount reasonably calculated to insure the presence of the accused at trial. See Stack v. Boyle, 342 U.S. 1, 72 S.Ct. 1, 96 L.Ed.3 (1961).

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/summaryCourtBenchBook/HTML/CriminalE.htm

Even IF S&T M are granted an opportunity for bail and it is set really high (and cannot afford to pay it), they are going to have a tough time finding a Bondsman that will post their bail $ anyway.

Y'all remember Tammy's text about packing her trailer and hightailing it to Canada? Maybe that's come back to bite her.

I hope allot of her texts and posts come back to bite her. If McCollum wants to rehabilitate TM's image, he needs to get her :nuts::nuts: family :nuts::nuts: to stop posting anything anywhere. (((It would also have helped if TM did not smile for her mug shot. Every news story has that creepy smiling mug in the background.:))))

I hope allot of her texts and posts come back to bite her. If McCollum wants to rehabilitate TM's image, he needs to get her :nuts::nuts: family :nuts::nuts: to stop posting anything anywhere. (((It would also have helped if TM did not smile for her mug shot. Every news story has that creepy smiling mug in the background.:))))

Considering they used some of TM's texts as evidence on why TM should be denied bail, during the first hearing many months ago, I believe it's a forgone conclusion the state will certainly be using as many of her txts as possible during hearings as well as the guilt phase. She shot herself in the foot and then shot the other foot too. ;) And her alleged lie about being preggers didn't do her any favors either. Why should a judge trust her if she'll lie right to his face?

Roll call... who is going to the bond hearing?

Who will be our "(wo)man on the street"?

@Hoppy did a pretty stand up job at the last hearing with pics.

Considering they used some of TM's texts as evidence on why TM should be denied bail, during the first hearing many months ago, I believe it's a forgone conclusion the state will certainly be using as many of her txts as possible during hearings as well as the guilt phase. She shot herself in the foot and then shot the other foot too. ;) And her alleged lie about being preggers didn't do her any favors either. Why should a judge trust her if she'll lie right to his face?

I wish she would have aimed higher than her foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll call... who is going to the bond hearing?

Who will be our "(wo)man on the street"?

@Hoppy did a pretty stand up job at the last hearing with pics.

That was prior to the "GAG" order IIRC...will the hearing be open to the public this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2