Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are scared!! They are afraid of inserting hoof in big mouth!!

They have never met this woman, have never met the fake ZG, have only information from Casey as to what the woman looks like, and have asserted that this woman does not fit the description they have been given. This is a shameless attempt to get money or notoriety and I will not pretend it is anything otherwise.

I'm all for holding people accountable for what they say. However, all I have ever heard the Anthony's (ALL of them!) say is this is not the woman that was described to them. It's ridiculous to pretend that they were the ones who forced this woman into the public eye. She crawled out into that limelight. She was investigated just like so many other people AND WAS CLEARED by LE and they have at every turn made that statement. She will never achieve anything more than that even through the lawsuit except money. The Anthony's have NEVER insinuated that this woman was in any way involved. That will be all she will get in a deposition, as well.

Im not a huge fan of the money sucking Anthony family, but I firmly believe they have no reason to have to be compelled to answer this frivolous lawsuit with anything more than what they have already given, which was from the very first to say "We do not know who this woman is."

I do not believe this is a frivolous lawsuit.

The $$$ is $1500.00 That will just barely pay the attorney.

I would certainly not want my good name dragged in front of the entire country!

I do not think there is any reason for the a's not to co-operate.

They have damaged their name with all of their **mist:liar:ruths**.

If they were willing to up north to assist in finding little Hailegh they are certainly capable of doing a simple deposition.

But there is a saying...when you practice to decieve....ect. Can't remember it all...but you know.:liar::liar:

ZG's lawyer has the right to subpoena and depose anyone with knowledge of any contested event.

My lawyer has deposed people for suits filed by me. I've been deposed.

If you just tell what you know truthfully, it isn't harrassment.

IMO

Yeah, but, I bet your attorney told you to just answer the question, as briefly as possible. Don't elaborate. If I were CA's attorney I would be freaking at the idea of her being deposed. It is under oath. And that woman has never seemed capable of just answering what is asked and not going on.

"Casey Anthony's attorneys argue that Gonzalez has not proved her reputation has been damaged." Got that from here:
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090223/BREAKINGNEWS/90223050/1006/news01

I had never heard that JB ever said that and if he did what kind of proof does he want? The threatening calls or the peeps on the street? That she was hauled in by LE? Losing her job? I'm sure her lawyer has e-thang documented.

Of course she hasn't. She hasn't had her day in court yet.

POOT---------------WHO THREW IN THE MONKEY WRENCH? Hope the Ants get hit in the head with it.

This a a snip from the article posted...

To be granted punitive damages, Gonzalez has to prove Casey Anthony's actions were so "willful, wanton or reckless" that she deserves to be punished financially.

As for collecting money from someone in jail, homeowner's policies often contain liability coverage for residents of the home. If punitive damages were granted, Gonzalez's attorneys could begin to explore Casey Anthony's financial status, including, perhaps, how she may be paying her attorney fees or any entertainment deals that may have been reached

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now we know...what can happen to JB and the a's:D

I suspect you are correct. But he is an attorney, not a mental health professional or an M.D. I suppose George might have a valid excuse, err reason, to not give a deposition at this time but I don't recall Cindy breaking down. Sorry if this has all been discussed, I haven't read the entire thread.

If George is that fragile why is he running around helping Haleigh's father, etc. Doesn't appear to fragile for doing what he wants to do.

From that article:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An attorney for Casey Anthony's parents has filed a motion to prevent them from giving depositions in the Zenaida Gonzalez civil suit.
The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony said in the motion Tuesday that forcing them to give depositions in the suit is nothing more than an attempt to annoy and embarrass them.
~~~~~~

I agree with this. Casey is the defendant in this suit, not the A's. Casey is the one who gave ZG's name to LE. There is nothing the A's can say that will help either side. If they say Casey has mentioned the name in the past, it doesn't prove that she was talking about this particular ZG or that she didn't make the whole thing up. If they say they never met ZG, what does that prove? Certainly not that this is the ZG Casey accused. I believe this is nothing but harassment of the A's and it's totally unnecessary.

Au contraire....the a's have said on National cable News about Z kidnapping the baby Caylee.

I just wonder how the Judge will feel about BC filing a motion such as this one, at the eleventh hour ?

From the Orlando Sentinel,

Conway said George and Cindy Anthony have been under emotional stress since Caylee's death and their daughter's arrest, and have sought counseling.

"They should not be subjected to additional publication of personal information while they are still grieving deeply," he wrote.

Conway pointed out that the information sought by Fernandez-Gonzalez's attorneys from the Morgan & Morgan law firm can be obtained through written questions. Another option is to delay the interview until after a May hearing on whether the case will be dismissed.

This request was filed the same day Fernandez-Gonzalez asked the court to allow her more than $15,000 in punitive damages.

According to a motion filed by her attorney, Keith Mitnik, she deserves the money for damage to her reputation, loss of her job, public humiliation and severe emotional distress since Anthony talked about a nanny with her name kidnapping her child.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-loccasey25022509feb25,0,2219022.story

I suppose this is why the counter suit is there- because the perp's lawyer wants to prove that the suit is frivolous. Isn't this the point of the counter-suit? If it is, then clearly people have to be deposed to determine whether it is frivolous or not! The A depos would not be happening without this counter- suit.

Why are we arguing about whether the As should be deposed or ZFG's case is worthy or frivolous, when isn't that the point of what's happening- to be determined by a judge? How can the wheels of justice work if these things are not set into motion??? All anyone should do at this point is to get the wheels rolling, do what they are required by law to do, and wait for the outcome, the decision by the judge!

Why can't the As be held accountable to contribute for a change and just answer the questions and let the judge decide the worthiness of the claims?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone have an answer? I am curious as well.

bc, their lawyer...who else is qualified????????? he is a one stop do it all type of lawyer....somehow it was portrayed that he was upset the media or ga was embarrassed that the world knew he attempted suicide?--gee ga....look no further than you lawyer...he is also a media savvy kind of guy!!!!! :angel::angel:

I suppose this is why the counter suit is there- because the perp's lawyer wants to prove that the suit is frivolous. Isn't this the point of the counter-suit? If it is, then clearly people have to be deposed to determine whether it is frivolous or not! The A depos would not be happening without this counter- suit.

Why are we arguing about whether the As should be deposed or ZFG's case is worthy or frivolous, when isn't that the point of what's happening- to be determined by a judge? How can the wheels of justice work if these things are not set into motion??? All anyone should do at this point is to get the wheels rolling, do what they are required by law to do, and wait for the outcome, the decision by the judge!

Why can't the As be held accountable to contribute for a change and just answer the questions and let the judge decide the worthiness of the claims?

:D Ah-hah! Someone with some objectivity! I like the way you think, you just put this into perspective for me!

I do not believe that they should be compelled to testify to this lawyer on this motion. I have heard nothing but "This woman is not the ZG that Casey told us about" or variations on that theme from the moment she appeared on the case. If Karl Rove can avoid depositions, I don't see why the Anthony's can't. This lady and her bloodsucker need to fade into the woodwork again.

Please leave your politics out of this, thank you very much.

BTW, are you serious about that comment concerning ZG? CA has repeatedly stated that it was the nanny, who happened to be named ZFG, who happened to be at the apartment complex the same day KC was there. There is no question that that ZG is the one who was being thrown under the bus.

I hope Morgan embarasses them to no end. Then goes after what little money they haven't pizzed away. She deserves it seeings how CA has done more to ruin this woman's good name than all the other assorted riff-raff involved in this circus combined.

Well, if BC wants to try and stop this, shouldn't the hearing be today? After all, the depo's are scheduled for Thursday. I haven't seen mention of a hearing yet. Anyone else?

Well, if BC wants to try and stop this, shouldn't the hearing be today? After all, the depo's are scheduled for Thursday. I haven't seen mention of a hearing yet. Anyone else?

I'll go back and check Lovejac, but I do think I seen something in the news section yesterday about a hearing today to decide his motions.
ETA:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80357
**snip**
Conway has revealed that George and Cindy Anthony are receiving professional help for grief over their granddaughter's murder.
Conway told WESH he hopes that a judge will decide the issue Wednesday, a day before the depositions are supposed to be given.

Please leave your politics out of this, thank you very much.

BTW, are you serious about that comment concerning ZG? CA has repeatedly stated that it was the nanny, who happened to be named ZFG, who happened to be at the apartment complex the same day KC was there. There is no question that that ZG is the one who was being thrown under the bus.

I hope Morgan embarasses them to no end. Then goes after what little money they haven't pizzed away. She deserves it seeings how CA has done more to ruin this woman's good name than all the other assorted riff-raff involved in this circus combined.

The Anthony's were going on the information their daughter gave them. There can't be any more clear way to say that. This woman was never a nanny. This woman never lived at Sawgrass. This woman does not look like the woman described by Casey to her family and LE. When shown her picture, Casey could not and did not identify her as the woman she implicated. I do not see why Casey's parents must be forced to answer the questions best answered by their daughter. They cannot add any more than to say "This is not her."

To assume that they deserve to be embarrassed is to ignore what the justice system is intended to objectively obtain. There is no reason the Anthony's should have been subpoenaed.

I have stated repeatedly that there is no reason, and especially a notion of special grief (gag) that they should avoid testifying. I disagree wholeheartedly with having the subpoena issued to them in the first place. Their attorney should not be embarrassing them by suggesting they're too fragile to state emphatically that they do not know this woman, under oath. I guess if you need them to be embarrassed, that should do it for you.

Yeah, like your little snide quips are coming from someone who is beyond reproach. Please.

Shaymus understood the good humor and jest in which the comment was offered. I'm sure you'll understand when I state that your comment here was not only unwarranted, it was rude.

I'll just go ahead and bite my tongue!

I had to edit my post to add your edited version of a dressing down for me.

This will certainly be interesting! I was wondering if the judge would accept a document from a pastor as professional help.
I have to parse each and every word Brad utters. The A's have sought professional help. Does that mean they found any? Or are just still seeking?

Just once I would like to see the A's not use any excuses and just do the right thing. I have no doubt their pain and anguish is very real, but they don't see how much they're contributing to it all on their own. They will never be out of a "fragile state" if they don't "man up" and face the music of what Casey has done and their own knowledge of all things related to this case.

I'm usually sympathetic to their loss of Caylee. But, it is under their own granddaughters name that they should quit the charade and face the operatic orchestra their daughter has created. Plain and simple.

Well, here we go..... Please, please, please let it be televised.

*Note: Hearing Scheduled for the Civil Case Today!

2/25/2009 14:15 PM Motion Rodriguez, Jose R 1700.01 Hearing Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member