Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
bolded by me

Wow - Could that information eventually be released under the Sunshine Law ?

I kind of think that's the main point here; to gain that info and get it released. The bar is a brotherhood/sisterhood of sorts. No one likes anyone making the group look bad, all lawyer jokes notwithstanding. Of course, anyone who just got whooped in court by an attorney will have a bad opinion of lawyers in general. But opposing counsel may actually be impressed with the job done; no hard feelings; let's get some lunch. When someone is really bringing disgrace to the bar, it's every lawyers ethical obligation to report it. Period.

A thing of beauty, this post. I agree he wants justice. This is the man CA called an ambulance chaser. Makes me sick.

Awwww, shucks. <looking down; shuffling feet> And you even let me post it 1st! Well, in this thread, anyway. ;)

To be sure there will be a hearing tomorrow (Wed) George & Cindy's depo's are scheduled for Thursday.

I haven't heard jac about a hearing actually being scheduled for today. Yes, pun intended. :)

I think your guess is spot on. I guessed something similar but with far less reason than you! In a case rife with corruption and depravity, it's hard not to want to do something about it if it's within your power. Maybe he can take them down a peg or ten for their hubris and debasement of the law. If I had that kind of power, I would give it a shot. Well said!

(Well, I can dream that this is what's happening :)).

PS Do you think Baez and Conway went to law school dreaming of justice?

1. I hope you noticed I totally stole, er, I mean borrowed, oh heck thoroughly plagiarized and adopted your apt description of "extra special grief."

2. Actually, yeah, I think they both did. Defense lawyers do what they do by recognizing they're defending the constitution and society as a whole more so than any one client. If the evidence isn't tested each and every time, it can be a very slippery slope wherein pointing a finger is enough to convict anyone, including the innocent.

3. My best excuse for BC is that MN bought into that extra special grief for a while and I think he's a pretty smart person. I think he really believed these are grieving grandparents in need of protection and now they sold that line to BC. As you know, probably half or more of the posters on this board see the A's as victims of Casey, which they are, of course but then don't go further than that assessment.

4. Glad to see you in this thread!

Ha! I think they went to law school dreaming about *just us*.

If not then, something JB certainly adopted shortly after his first contact with KC, hence the bar investigations.

The A's are in a fragile state? IOW, Cindy may bring a hammer to the meeting...? The A's did not ever show any fragility during the time when they should have! I saw no tears but a lot of defiance. I heard lies and direct evidence of covering up for kc.

They dragged out the memorial.....never had or paid for a funeral and had Caylee cremated most likely two months ago in secret (stalling to the public)....all done so they would not have to do this deposition or be questioned. They were in and still are in hiding to avoid questions about the lies. Every time Melich would confront CA, she would say, "I am a grieving grandmother" in a tone of martyrdom.

They are still in direct attack mode to protect kc....seriously, can you imagine anyone questioning Cindy?.....that should be a paid event!!

Checking the Pay per View listings now...

Please leave your politics out of this, thank you very much.

BTW, are you serious about that comment concerning ZG? CA has repeatedly stated that it was the nanny, who happened to be named ZFG, who happened to be at the apartment complex the same day KC was there. There is no question that that ZG is the one who was being thrown under the bus.

I hope Morgan embarasses them to no end. Then goes after what little money they haven't pizzed away. She deserves it seeings how CA has done more to ruin this woman's good name than all the other assorted riff-raff involved in this circus combined.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm a relative newcomer to this case, but one thing I "know" (JMHO) is that CA impeded this investigation by hopping on the ZFG bus early on and she continued to ride that bus until it ran out of gas! She should be compelled to answer questions as to why she continued to insist this was "truth" when she knew her monstrosity of a daughter was lying through her pearly white teeth! For all those who say she wasn't covering for her daughter, then why did she have "people walk that area months ago"!!!!!

And, just to throw another two cents in here...I wonder if CA will once again begin her testimony by whining about how dehydrated, hungry and sleep deprived she is!

all JMHO

I agree about ZG's motives,..debs. I do not approve at all of this abuse of the system and personal financial gain.

Too late though....don't know if the judge can throw this out...don't think so but stranger things have happened. I imagine the judge will put this on the back burner again. I wish he would have heard the original charges against kc but he put that on the burner too....the excuse?...court costs!!!

ZFG needs only to show a prima facie case to continue. She has. I don't think this will be thrown out. Accepting everything she says as true, which the court must do when deciding such a motion, she has clearly stated a cause of action. Whether or not she'll win after the other side gets a chance to dispute her evidence and present their own is anyone's guess but I'm betting she will win.

The A's attorney will object to the questions I turned blue. What the Anthony's believed has nothing to do with whether Casey was pointing the finger at this ZG when she made her accusation. The A's can be questioned on what they witnessed, not on what they believed or thought.

Morgan maybe be able to ask the questions in red but I don't think it would be a good idea, unless, of course, the real ZG does have a sister named Samantha who has two children. Casey did not tell the 'nanny in the park' story to the media or to LE. It's likely BC will object to those questions.

What could the A's possibly have done "right from the start" that would have kept Casey from lying to LE? Not called 911?

Depositions are given a lot more latitude in questioning. They can ask anything that will reasonably lead to admissible evidence. Almost, not quite, like a big fishing expedition.

I think, key word...think, that C & G do need to answer the questions about their knowledge of ZG. The Judge is going to look at these depos and make a decision. He or she will probably not make a decision on "common knowledge", what has been reported in the media, etc... KC lived with C & G full time, except for the last month, and Caylee lived there too. Wouldn't the question of, "was there a nanny that cared for Caylee and was her name ZG" be appropriate for the Grandparent's that lived full time with Caylee ? What C & G have said in LE interviews to date and to the media are one thing, what they state in an official deposition for THIS Lawsuit is key for the Judge or Jury to deliver an adequate and well informed decision for ZG.

Part of healing is getting it out and getting on with your life. If the A's have nothing to hide they should do fine. If they put this off any longer it will still be hanging heavy over their heads. Their attorney will be there, it is not like they are being thrown to the wolves. KC has already done that when she counter-sued!!!!! LA is smart to just get it over and done with.

The Anthony's were going on the information their daughter gave them. There can't be any more clear way to say that. This woman was never a nanny. This woman never lived at Sawgrass. This woman does not look like the woman described by Casey to her family and LE. When shown her picture, Casey could not and did not identify her as the woman she implicated. I do not see why Casey's parents must be forced to answer the questions best answered by their daughter. They cannot add any more than to say "This is not her."

To assume that they deserve to be embarrassed is to ignore what the justice system is intended to objectively obtain. There is no reason the Anthony's should have been subpoenaed.

I have stated repeatedly that there is no reason, and especially a notion of special grief (gag) that they should avoid testifying. I disagree wholeheartedly with having the subpoena issued to them in the first place. Their attorney should not be embarrassing them by suggesting they're too fragile to state emphatically that they do not know this woman, under oath. I guess if you need them to be embarrassed, that should do it for you.

Shaymus understood the good humor and jest in which the comment was offered. I'm sure you'll understand when I state that your comment here was not only unwarranted, it was rude.

I had to edit my post to add your edited version of a dressing down for me.

If not for KC's countersuit against ZFG the A's wouldn't have been supsubpoenaed. Either CA & GA need to take it up with KC, or just answer the questions.

How many people "forced" to be deposed by JB wanted to hide under a rock because they were afraid something they had done/are doing in their private lives might implicate them through questions from KC's lawyer? Some had to own up to drug usage, et al. I understand the difference in the cases, I'm just saying that if there is a case filed, then there are procedures that go with the resolution of the case.

If you filed a case against your neighbor and your case was thrown out because none of your other neighbors had a problem with said neighbor, and none of them had to give a deposition for some reason to answer questions that might reveal you actually have a point, would you feel justice was served?

I understand why some are angry that CA & GA & LA have to answer questions in lieu for KC's counter-suit against ZFG, but it's done. KC is keeping the suit, so the depos are there. Imo, now CA & GA & LA need to just sit down, answer the depo questions truthfully, then do like all the other depo'd witnesses have done and return to their quiet lives.

Does anyone know if Cindy Anthony is still employed as a Nurse or otherwise?

I think the thing to think about is this..what is the big deal? Seriously if they have nothing to hide and know nothing concerning ZG then why not just suck it up and be deposed? IMO it's another control thing..fight the system when it's something you don't WANT to do.

If George is that fragile why is he running around helping Haleigh's father, etc. Doesn't appear to fragile for doing what he wants to do.

thumb_hammer.gif

Neither have ever appeared too fragile to do anything they wanted to do; which didn't include searching for Caylee, btw.

From Orlando Sentinel-
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-loccasey25022509feb25,0,2219022.story
Brad Conway wrote in the request that the attorneys for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez — the woman suing Casey Anthony — intend to "annoy, embarrass and oppress" the Anthonys. The depositions are open to the public, therefore reporters can attend.

Oppress?

Why am I having this mind picture of Norma Rae on the factory table holding up that big union sign? bwa ha ha.

I think one of the best things that a person can do when they are going thru though times, is to get out of oneself, and help the next person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona