Morning routine of June 4, 2010

Hmmm well i figure this is just another inconsistent comment from KH,

Like when/why J moved out. or TH having PPD and him being told to monitor her to not knowing if she seem a dr for ppd... To seeing no warning signs on th behaviour to her drinking at friends homes and drinking herself to sleep oh and all the rest of them i know there are more just too tired to look them up.. however i keep having to remind myself it is Th who lies yet we haven't heard a word out of her mouth as of yet..

Not really a slam on KH but it does puzzle why Th gets the intense responses she does and she hasn't actually said a word yet...

definitely JMO :)

"He helps me shave my head and likes to rub my head for the three or four days while it's still short. Going out to feed the cat together, or our morning walks down to the bus," his father, Kaine Horman told "Good Morning America. "Every day, I miss those. I miss him."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-horman-parents-long-moments-missing-boy/story?id=11303564

JMO but I didn't see any inconsistency. If he's had flexible hours it's quite possible that he went to work late enough on some mornings to walk Kyron to the bus stop. On other mornings he may have had to leave earlier.

This quote doesn't say they did any of those things together every day, IMO. He just misses them every day now that Kyron is missing.

Hmmm well i figure this is just another inconsistent comment from KH,

Like when/why J moved out. or TH having PPD and him being told to monitor her to not knowing if she seem a dr for ppd... To seeing no warning signs on th behaviour to her drinking at friends homes and drinking herself to sleep oh and all the rest of them i know there are more just too tired to look them up.. however i keep having to remind myself it is Th who lies yet we haven't heard a word out of her mouth as of yet..

Not really a slam on KH but it does puzzle why Th gets the intense responses she does and she hasn't actually said a word yet...

definitely JMO :)

IMHO....Guilty Silence

definitely JMO

I guess a normal morning is also that the cat has to eat outside and isn't allowed to have it's bowl inside the home like most pet cats.

Just want to clear up the pet cat thing....I feed mine outside, I have 3.
I had an indoor only cat for 23 years. I loved him, loved him, loved him!
Hated littler boxes. After he passed, I was never going to get another indoor cat. Somehow, somewhere a cute little calico mama cat brought 4 kittens onto my front porch. Awwwww, mom was very friendly, so I fed em. Then when she dropped a just born kitten outside my husbands car door, we said they can't spend the winter outside, so they moved into the garage. After litter 3, born in the garage, we learned this cat colony loved and appreciated us so much that they were bringing us gifts that made me squemish (dead squirrels, rabbits and other cats!)and it was time to move them out of the garage. All of them relocated, except two of the 3 that were born in the garage. They are our pet cats. They eat outside (clean water and food every day), they follow me when I walk my dogs, they get milk, they get treats and they sit on my husbands lap when he smokes in our new designated smoking areas outside the house. We worm them, take care of their flea issues and have cat toys all over the front and side yard. I'd say they are pet cats.

We have deer all over my subdivision, but I have yet to see raccoons or skunks, been here 10 years, and we don't have animals that really run rampant, including my cats. I walk every day and never see anything strange. I live in a very rural subdivision of nothing.

I understand why Kaine would take advantage of having Kyron feed the cat. Perhaps its was helping Kyron bond with an animal and it was letting Kyron express his difference in taste.

Kyron was old enough to have simple "chores" around the house, maybe feeding the cat was one of them.
Kaine stated he could/ would/ did work 1/2 days on Fridays, maybe he went in a bit early to get more done before he came home in the afternoons?

the rest of it- ::crickets::

I'm not sure what we are trying to discuss. Is there something odd about the time Kaine is used to leaving for work, or walking Kyron to the bus stop on other mornings? Or feeding the cat? Help me out here. Not quite sure I'm getting the point. Are we asking if this was a typical morning or what?
As anyone with kids could tell us... no two mornings are exactly alike. Things happen to upset the routine. From what Kaine has said, he didn't see anything out of the ordinary that morning, just a trypical day until Kyron didn't come home.

Could you give a link for that? I totally believe you, but I just like a link to anchor threads like this. Also, it's a pretty intriguing point you're onto here.

From Good Morning America

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-horman-parents-long-moments-missing-boy/story?id=11303564

"He helps me shave my head and likes to rub my head for the three or four days while it's still short. Going out to feed the cat together, or our morning walks down to the bus," his father, Kaine Horman told "Good Morning America. "Every day, I miss those. I miss him."

Help me out here. Not quite sure I'm getting the point. Are we asking if this was a typical morning or what?

The OP is saying that IF KH regularly left the house before 8 a.m. (which is unknown), THEN he could not take Kyron to the bus stop in the morning. KH cannot be in 2 places at once, which begs the question of whether he was dishonest when he said he misses walking Kyron to the bus stop.

KH cannot have left for work before 8 a.m. on days when he walked Kyron to the bus stop.

The OP is saying that if KH leaves for work before 8 a.m. every day, then he could not have walked Kyron to the bus stop because he would not have been home. Another convoluted attempt to shed suspicion on KH, methinks ... although LE doesn't seem to agree. Why? Because the OP has plucked the premise out of thin air.

JMO but I didn't see any inconsistency. If he's had flexible hours it's quite possible that he went to work late enough on some mornings to walk Kyron to the bus stop. On other mornings he may have had to leave earlier.

This quote doesn't say they did any of those things together every day, IMO. He just misses them every day now that Kyron is missing.

Once again, flexibility implies he can pick and choose when he goes in to work, and here's this day he's so proud of his child, he doesn't flex enough to go see his work at the school and enjoy his child's achievements. Flexibility also implies a vagueness for his co-workers........did Kaine flexibly come in later than 8, or did he not come in at all, or did he show up right at 8 and get his work done, or did he check in at 8 but flexibly left again? We wouldn't know what because he sent an email out to his coworkers to not talk to anyone, that he was checking with legal.

This is in no way to bash a grieving father. I'm merely looking at things through my own logical mind. Flexing, as it were, my ability to look through a different lens.

The OP is saying that IF KH regularly left the house before 8 a.m. (which is unknown), THEN he could not take Kyron to the bus stop in the morning. KH cannot be in 2 places at once, which begs the question of whether he was dishonest when he said he misses walking Kyron to the bus stop.

KH cannot have left for work before 8 a.m. on days when he walked Kyron to the bus stop.

The OP is saying that if KH leaves for work before 8 a.m. every day, then he could not have walked Kyron to the bus stop because he would not have been home. Another convoluted attempt to shed suspicion on KH, methinks ... although LE doesn't seem to agree. Why? Because the OP has plucked the premise out of thin air.

Yes, and where, if anywhere, have we ever heard what time KH is supposed to be at work in the a.m.? It could be extremely flexible I'm guessing since he gets to work out of his home also.

Once again, flexibility implies he can pick and choose when he goes in to work, and here's this day he's so proud of his child, he doesn't flex enough to go see his work at the school and enjoy his child's achievements. Flexibility also implies a vagueness for his co-workers........did Kaine flexibly come in later than 8, or did he not come in at all, or did he show up right at 8 and get his work done, or did he check in at 8 but flexibly left again? We wouldn't know what because he sent an email out to his coworkers to not talk to anyone, that he was checking with legal.

This is in no way to bash a grieving father. I'm merely looking at things through my own logical mind. Flexing, as it were, my ability to look through a different lens.

There is flexible and then there is where you can do whatever you want or leave it undone, to be there or not to be there without anybody ever paying any attention. I have no information which kind of place Intel is. Sometimes people have scheduled events and their absence in them is noted in even though their hours are flexible in theory.

Like my job, for example. I do not clock in, the employer just trusts me to do my job. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who work in the same building that I do have no idea that I even exist. Some of my co-workers in the same hallway might remember seeing me come in if we had a chat but if they just said hi I'm not sure they would remember that and they would have no particular reason to notice the time. (I'm not sure myself what time I saw the people I work with yesterday.) However, I usually have the first appointment of the day scheduled at 8:30 am and if I'm not there by that time the client might wait for a few minutes before they raise a hoopla and the other people in the hallway will find out that I'm late for work.

Dunno. I haven't seen any LE fliers with Kaine's picture saying please can you help us confirm this man's whereabouts on June 4th but maybe we will eventually if there is a problem.

In my office, we came and left when we wanted, as long as our work was done. We could work from home - telecommute. Sometimes we'd have an early meeting or breakfast event for which we were expected to be on time. I think a lot of offices run that way these days, although, I have to add, the secretarys pretty much had to be there when they're bosses were . . .
I don't see anything mysterious here at all. JMO

There is flexible and then there is where you can do whatever you want or leave it undone, to be there or not to be there without anybody ever paying any attention. I have no information which kind of place Intel is. Sometimes people have scheduled events and their absence in them is noted in even though their hours are flexible in theory.

Like my job, for example. I do not clock in, the employer just trusts me to do my job. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who work in the same building that I do have no idea that I even exist. Some of my co-workers in the same hallway might remember seeing me come in if we had a chat but if they just said hi I'm not sure they would remember that and they would have no particular reason to notice the time. (I'm not sure myself what time I saw the people I work with yesterday.) However, I usually have the first appointment of the day scheduled at 8:30 am and if I'm not there by that time the client might wait for a few minutes before they raise a hoopla and the other people in the hallway will find out that I'm late for work.

Dunno. I haven't seen any LE fliers with Kaine's picture saying please can you help us confirm this man's whereabouts on June 4th but maybe we will eventually if there is a problem.

Yeah, anonymity as cog-in-the-wheel has its perks! I used to have a job like that.

However, to your last sentence, his face WAS on a flier asking the public if they saw ANYONE ON THIS FLIER at or near or in KAINE HORMAN'S truck on June 4.

I don't recall any other discussion anywhere about Kaine's comings and goings that day so this is all great but, no matter what you think of the job LE has done in this case, you've gotta believe that they checked this. And in today's world of key cards and corporate information security programs, Kaine's alibi would be the easiest to verify. Even in the hugely unlikely event that he wasn't seen by dozens of coworkers or participate in any meetings, they would be able to track his electronic footprints throughout that morning down to the second: when he entered the building, when he logged onto his computer, when he opened or closed any program, when he made a phone call, when he sent or read any e-mail, and when he left the building.

That's true, too. Electronic footprints are difficult to ignore. However, there was someone from Intel who appeared at the GJ. We just assume it was because of Terri.

For me, flexibility doesn't imply that he could pick and choose when he goes to work. I'm an employee who works at home but I have a schedule to work just as I would if I were employed at our office. I have a computer program time sheet that I complete when I sign in for my scheduled shifts and when I get off for my scheduled shifts. If I am going to be away from my computer, i.e., doctor's appt, children's appt, etc., I have to clock in and out just as I would if I were in the office. If I am eating lunch, I have to sign in and out just as I would if I were in the office. I don't just get up in the morning and say, well, it's 9 a.m., I think I'll relax for a while before I decide to go to work. If I'm scheduled to work at 9 a.m., I have to be at work at 9 a.m. If I'm scheduled to work at 11 p.m. at night, I sign in at 11 p.m. at night. Additionally, if I run to the bus stop to pick up my daughter, I don't clock out because that time could very well be considered my break time. Perhaps Intel had the same type of work situation as many companies do these days.

JMO.

I guess the point was that castigating Terri for being a SAHM who didn't go to the talent show, and surmising it was because she knew Kyron wasn't there has to weigh on the same level as Kaine being a father who had a flex schedule which allowed him to leave work in time to go to that same talent show, yet he chose not to. That is all.

Carry on.

I (the OP) will try to explain what I meant.

I did not mean Kaine lied about leaving for work at 7:45. I did not mean that Kaine lied about typically walking Kyron to the bus-stop at 8:15. I only mentioned that the two things seem mutually exclusive.

DID he usually leave at 7:45, or was his regular habit to leave at 8:30 after Kyron was on the bus? In essence, What was the schedule like on a normal morning?

I don't think anyone "lied", just that we are missing some pieces of the puzzle.

I have a "flexible schedule" where I work. I can come in at 8 and leave at 4:30 or come in at 8:30 and leave at 5. BUT, I had to choose which of these options I preferred on my first day here, and there is NO flexibility to move back and forth between the two as it suits me. I am expected here at 8 to be "on time", EVEN THOUGH some coworkers arrive at 8:30 and are ALSO "on time".

BUT... as others have mentioned...
If Kaine was able (some/most days) wait at the bus-stop with Kyron until the 8:22 bus came, why couldn't he have spent 5-10 minutes at the science fair on June 4th instead, by leaving the house early? He left at 7:45 that day anyway, right? Skyline School is 5 minutes from the house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back