Motive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless detectives didn’t take their sheets as evidence I think the photos were taken before the scene was processed. Would a crime scene tech or detective go to the trouble of making their beds?
That is a good point! I swear there was a picture with fingerprint powder in the kitchen. Even if I'm mistaken still they should have pictures of every room before processing. It wouldn't make sense to make beds and put everything back.

It’s disturbing if their bedding isn’t in an evidence locker. How would anyone outside of LE know which photos are “public?”

It’s disturbing if their bedding isn’t in an evidence locker. How would anyone outside of LE know which photos are “public?”

Wouldn't they take mattresses if they were looking for DNA? Or at least luminol everything and cut out pieces of fabric on furniture that might have DNA. Shouldn't they have torn the house apart looking for clues, journals, money, anything that could hint to what happened and what the motive was?

Wouldn't they take mattresses if they were looking for DNA? Or at least luminol everything and cut out pieces of fabric on furniture that might have DNA. Shouldn't they have torn the house apart looking for clues, journals, money, anything that could hint to what happened and what the motive was?
If investigators really checked every scrap of paper in every pocket (per a NL article) it seems they would’ve taken their sheets at the very least-especially if they initially thought it was a sexually motivated crime.

Can you corroborate this?
“ during “ is probably more accurate . Post would indicate they didn’t collect any of the items . And we know they carried out Many paper sacks of evidence .

And your comment about print dust on kitchen cabinets is correct .

“ during “ is probably more accurate . Post would indicate they didn’t collect any of the items . And we know they carried out Many paper sacks of evidence .

And your comment about print dust on kitchen cabinets is correct .
This doesn’t boost confidence in this investigation

Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson were dating in June of 1992.

Back then, paternity took a while to prove.

On August 24, 1993 a court order was entered naming Mike Henson the father of ***** born late 1992 and on
October 27, 1993 a child support order was entered in court.

Mike Hensen was ordered to pay child support to a woman residing at 1717 E Primerose St.

On June 7, 1992, Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson arrived at 1717 E Delmar St. and cleaned up glass on the porch and threw the glass in a dumpster across the street. Did someone see them leaving the property and they had to come up with a reason they were there? The story never made sense to me. Teenagers cleaning up. A spare broom within reach?

They claim they were so "concerned" that they let themselves in the house and answered the phone. Janelle claimed that the voice on the other end of the phone was ominous, creating a false lead for the cops. In one of her interviews, Janelle refers to Stacy as "that girl" yet she felt comfortable enough to walk into "that girl's" house and make herself at home. She then proceeded to invite other people over "that girl's" house. A contaminated crime scene was created.

Did Janelle tell her boyfriend at the time- bring me to that *advertiser censored* you got pregnant. Maybe Mike was never at the pregnant woman's house and mixed up the address.

Last edited:

On August 24, 1993 a court order was entered naming Mike Henson the father of ***** born late 1992 and on

Mike Hensen was ordered to pay child support to a woman residing at 1717 E Primerose St.

On June 7, 1992, Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson arrived at 1717 E Delmar St. and cleaned up glass on the porch and threw the glass in a dumpster across the street. Did someone see them leaving the property and they had to come up with a reason they were there? The story never made sense to me. Teenagers cleaning up. A spare broom within reach?

They claim they were so "concerned" that they let themselves in the house and answered the phone. Janelle claimed that the voice on the other end of the phone was ominous, creating a false lead for the cops. In one of her interviews, Janelle refers to Stacy as "that girl" yet she felt comfortable enough to walk into "that girl's" house and make herself at home. She then proceeded to invite other people over "that girl's" house. A contaminated crime scene was created.

Did Janelle tell her boyfriend at the time- bring me to that *advertiser censored* you got pregnant. Maybe Mike was never at the pregnant woman's house and mixed up the address.
WOW
ETA-That’s a crazy, crazy coincidence!

I think you meant to say Suzie the “ other girls house “ .
Do you know jbw ( 2-3 years Younger ) was the only other girl MH was seeing on the side ?

I think you meant to say Suzie the “ other girls house “ .
Do you know jbw ( 2-3 years Younger ) was the only other girl MH was seeing on the side ?
Thanks-I did mean to say Suzie. There is another woman he may have been seeing on the side but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I quoted myself because I couldn't edit my post. I was referring to Suzie ("that girl") not Stacy.

Last edited:
Janelle "called and called and called" the house. She then goes over and plays one message on machine, that was ominous. Did she not leave messages when she called? Something to ponder, although I don't think she had anything to do with it, no motive. Have always believed motive is everything .

Janelle "called and called and called" the house. She then goes over and plays one message on machine, that was ominous. Did she not leave messages when she called? Something to ponder, although I don't think she had anything to do with it, no motive. Have always believed motive is everything .
Good point! I never thought of that.

Especially, since caller ID wasn’t a thing then or it was new. I remember having a caller ID box in the later 90s and it was a big deal lol. You might not leave more than one message to avoid filling an answering machine up with your messages. Phone etiquette was different. Going into a house and listening to messages is still a little weird. Why would Janelle assume that Sherrill wasn’t home or wasn’t coming home?

Especially, since caller ID wasn’t a thing then or it was new. I remember having a caller ID box in the later 90s and it was a big deal lol. You might not leave more than one message to avoid filling an answering machine up with your messages. Phone etiquette was different. Going into a house and listening to messages is still a little weird. Why would Janelle assume that Sherrill wasn’t home or wasn’t coming home?

Yeah, I doubt they had caller ID, just run of the mill answering machine for the time. Janelle's actions are bizarre and her story might be even stranger, but that is not tantamount to involvement. *advertiser censored*, so many rabbit-holes in this damn case, I wish I wasn't so addicted to it.

Thanks for posting that link. That is a hard video to find.

If those indeed are authentic messages from Sherrill’s actual answering machine; I noticed that there is no date stamp. Old school/tape recording answering machines would sometimes have an automated voice stating date and time. If this is the case (No date stamp) How did Staci’s mother know that the obscene message was from the day before? Unless, of course 48hrs omitted that part. I also find it interesting that she could remember that it was from the day before but not the contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500