Moving van at Cooper House now (11/13/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of grey, reminded me of the grey seat covers taken during the first warrant served at the residence. We were wondering if they were from the vehicles, seems with this revelation there is a definte possiblity the seat covers came from within the residence.

It looks to me as though the whole house has been repainted so how do we know exactly what the color scheme was before? That's almost SOP when putting a house on the market and I would think, especially in a home where something like this took place. Look at the cover plates in the family room - they're missing just like after it's been painted.

It looks to me as though the whole house has been repainted so how do we know exactly what the color scheme was before? That's almost SOP when putting a house on the market and I would think, especially in a home where something like this took place. Look at the cover plates in the family room - they're missing just like after it's been painted.

As I recall, Nancy had done quite a bit of painting back in March and April before she was free (supposedly to leave). As to the plates missing - it shows me that a minimum of effort was put into preparing the house for sale. Takes but a few dollars and a few minutes to reposition/replace those cover plate items. Brad wouldn't help back in the spring - I have serious doubts he decided to put much effort into the house between July and October. it pretty much shows, not all the plates are missing, one here, one there.

We are looking for a house now. I did a search that I thought would include BC's residence, but it did not show up. I wonder if it has been sold or taken off the market? (Nah, we would have heard about it on the news, right?)

Do it. You can probably get a deal. Needs kitchen update and landscaping, but.....

Do it. You can probably get a deal. Needs kitchen update and landscaping, but.....

Oh, gosh, couldn't LIVE there, just wanted to get a view and be able to answer some questions I have about locations of rooms, etc!

I think it would be very interesting to have a psychic go there. There are some psychics with whom the police work and rely on at times. Wouldn't that be neat? Since they make TV shows around that, you think one would like to visit the home of the Coopers, say, without being told of whose home it used to be or being told beforehand where they were going? Any psychics who would be unknowing of this tragedy/murder? I'm somewhat like that myself, and would really feel something there. I would not want to go there.

By 'Short Sale' the Cooper house sold last week and will be closed on at the end of the month if all goes accordingly. Actual sale price will not be known until that time.

By 'Short Sale' the Cooper house sold last week and will be closed on at the end of the month if all goes accordingly. Actual sale price will not be known until that time.

Thanks, Mom, for the update. I don't know what "short sale" means. So now the money will go into escrow, right?

Usually means that the house sold for less than the money owed on the mortgage. It happens a lot in the steps leading up to foreclosure, but before bank seizure of the property. HTH.

Usually means that the house sold for less than the money owed on the mortgage. It happens a lot in the steps leading up to foreclosure, but before bank seizure of the property. HTH.

Wuff. Thanks runr.

Jason Young sold his house last year for less than what was owed on the primary and 2nd mortgages. In this "short sale" , his mama wrote a check to the bank in order to convey the deed.

it's a given a house where a gruesome murder took place will not bring anywhere near top market value.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5021898/

Link to article on sale of Cooper house. Originally listed at 349,000, then lowered by 30,000. Sale price still unknown.

I hope the children are doing well.

Snipped~

From the link above

"It's unfortunate that there is no equity left in the residence, because Bella and Katie have received very little financial support from the defendant since July 2008," Alice Stubbs, a Raleigh attorney representing the Rentzes, said Friday afternoon.

Hard to believe he made the money he did and yet had no equity in that house and kept his wife broke all the time. I wonder what he was doing with half of a million a year?

ARGH - he WAS NOT making $500K per year. He was making about $120K per year with some additional bonuses. It's in the transcripts and there would be no reason to lie, as it would all be discoverable anyway.

He was selling all the stock they were buying at the employee discount just about as soon as it was placed in his account, he had very little money in his 401K and I think had loans against it.

They were living far beyond their means, even though he made a good living.

The poster that said he made $500K per year has no documentation to the contrary and in fact, the defendant himself stated that he made far less.

The Coopers also had increased their home equity loan by $55K (to bring it to $79K total) to pay their credit card debt at the end of 2007. With the decline in home prices there is not much left for the girls.

The buyer bailed out just before the closing this week, so the house is back on the market. The price has now been reduced to $299,900.

According to ABC 11 (WTVD) Judge Sasser just this morning approved a sale for $312,000. I guess there was a second buyer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven