MS MS - Jeffrey Hegwood, 23, Hattiesburg, 20 March 1980

Yes, Jeff was 26. He was a senior in college and saved up his money to start the business with a partner. Later on Jeff brought the partner out and owned it by himself.

Yes, Jeff was 26. He was a senior in college and saved up his money to start the business with a partner. Later on Jeff brought the partner out and owned it by himself.

MOO the motive is either something with the group of girls or his business. It's quite impressive for a 23 year old to own a town home and his own business, which sounds like it was really successful too. He must have had quite a go-getter attitude to get that far ahead so young, any chance that he may have crossed the wrong people? Done business with bad people? Some things to consider.

Agreed Claudette!

What I am trying to find now is the info on The Townhouse Lounge that Jeff owned and the partner he was with until they parted ways. I don't have the timeframe on how long before Jeff's disappearance they separated and I don't know if it was an amiable separation of ways. I don't know if it is still in business or not. I tried calling a place in Hattiesburg downtown are to ask if it was where the Townhouse Lounge had been before and if they had just changed the name. No one answered and I ran out of time today, will try again tomorrow. Also, not only was his wallet not taken, but all the money in his bank accounts was not touched.

What I am trying to find now is the info on The Townhouse Lounge that Jeff owned and the partner he was with until they parted ways. I don't have the timeframe on how long before Jeff's disappearance they separated and I don't know if it was an amiable separation of ways. I don't know if it is still in business or not. I tried calling a place in Hattiesburg downtown are to ask if it was where the Townhouse Lounge had been before and if they had just changed the name. No one answered and I ran out of time today, will try again tomorrow. Also, not only was his wallet not taken, but all the money in his bank accounts was not touched.

Interesting, so robbery is completely out. This was personal and not random. I am interested in this ex-partner.

Also I would contact the local Chamber of Commerce and let them know why you are inquiring, they may be more likely to go out of there way to find information for you. The info is somewhere, just have to find the right person/place!

Are his parents still around? Maybe they have paperwork stored away on the Townhouse Lounge or anything else of interest. I suspect someone had to clean out the establishment and Jeff's home after he disappeared. It's a long shot, but some people are pack rats.

Are his parents still around? Maybe they have paperwork stored away on the Townhouse Lounge or anything else of interest. I suspect someone had to clean out the establishment and Jeff's home after he disappeared. It's a long shot, but some people are pack rats.

Yes, my Aunt and I talk frequently. I just haven't had the heart to ask her to pull out his things and go through them to send me info. I have been asking her questions also and it's hard on her. If I can find it without having to ask her I would rather, but if not, I will have to before long. I feel like there is a sense of urgency right now. I know that sounds strange to say with it being 32 years, but I had a dream about him a couple weeks ago and it is really weighing heavy on me now.

Also I would contact the local Chamber of Commerce and let them know why you are inquiring, they may be more likely to go out of there way to find information for you. The info is somewhere, just have to find the right person/place!

Great idea! Thanks. Will do that tomorrow.

I also went on the MS Division of Corporations website to see if it was registered, but they don't show records back that far. I don't know why unless it was dissolved and so long ago. I am planning on calling them tomorrow to see if they have archives on companies in the 80's.

I've found the Town House Lounge in newspapers all the way back to 1966 at 114 Railroad St in Downtown Hburg but the last ad I could find was in 1976 and the address was 112 Railroad St. (not sure if that's an error or if they moved a building over).

This makes sense because this is the road between the bagel shop and Brownstone's as someone said on the forum that was linked to above. However, if you google map it all you get is a parking lot and I don't know of anything else there so my guess is that it no longer exists. It's a rather short and winding road, a bit of a downtown back street, so I'm surprised another building was ever there.

I will find out for sure though because I know one of the posters from that forum who mentioned it and I will ask him.

ETA: Looking at the street view on Google maps, as far as I can tell there is only one other building on the street and according to Google it's address is 130.

DLJ1979,

Also, can you tell us where exactly the car was found and where Jeff's apartment was located?

DLJ1979,

Also, can you tell us where exactly the car was found and where Jeff's apartment was located?

That's a good question because then we can map it. Also, if you know where the fender bender happened in between Jeff geting home and the car being found.

It sounds to me like the roommate was involved. Why else would he leave the scene of an accident and then leave the car where it was eventually found? Did he try to get it towed out? When he was questioned by LE did he tell them he was the one driving, did he tell them where the car was or did LE have to find the car on their own? So many questions...

Whatever happened, happened in his townhome. His wallet, cash etc still being there tells a story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892
Back