VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I'm gonna be workin with my boss tomorrow, so I won't be able to be on here. I don't have twitter. I won't know if we have a verdict if it goes into tomorrow :(

OT: I wish we had a "chat box" on here so we could share our cell phone stories and whatnot, lol. We'd be able to chat and keep each other company without derailing the thread while we're waiting for a verdict etc. Ah well.

law-order-unanimous_verdict-guilty-jury-jury_room-deliberation_room-dcrn1129_low.jpg

Time for another sleep-inducing Clouseau treatise. I remember how my old roommate in college used to tell me, “You are soooo-porific.” I used to think he was expressing admiration until one day I looked it up (soporific: inducing drowsiness or sleep.) Nevertheless....

I think it was masterful the way the prosecution used facts about emergency vehicle lights and the “first” false alarm fire the evening of the murder.

The state first established through emergency responder testimony that CVFD policy was to leave emergency lights flashing until after responders had determined the scene was clear and they were ready to leave. The state established through Ms. Flowers testimony that she did not see any such lights at the “aunt’s house” near the south end of Old Highway 51, either on her way to her own house on Main Street to retrieve her grandchildren’s coats, or on her way back to that area, when she dropped off her unidentified rider (presumably Tellis), near the entrance of his sister’s subdivision on the opposite side of U.S. 51 from there.

That meant that in order for Tellis to have known about a “fire” at his aunt’s house, he would have had to seen those flashing lights earlier, as he drove past them in Jessica’s car, going from his house north of that location to the crime scene on Herron Rd, while emergency responders were still at his aunt’s house. By the time he had ditched the car with Jessica in it, walked part way back to his house, then hitched a ride back to that area with Flowers, those flashing lights, and therefore the emergency personnel, were long gone, that based on Ms. Flowers not seeing any either when she went by there the first time or when she dropped her mysterious hitchhiker off near there later. She stated she knew his aunt, Julia Chambers, so knew exactly where her house was located.

That information, plus the fact that the aunt’s daughter, Kerry Hinson, and the aunt herself, Julia Chambers, both testified that no such “nephew” had ever visited the aunt’s house following the false alarm, helped corroborate part of Ms. Flowers testimony. It also helped established who Ms. Flowers mysterious rider had to be: a young, black male in his early 20’s who had an aunt named Julia Chambers, who somehow knew about the fire department visit to her house earlier that evening.

Regards,
Clouseau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members