MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understand any delay in searching the home, especially for a toddler. This should have been done on Sunday, IMO.

Sheriffs office may have. This is FBI team today.

The presser is at 1pm PST, 2pm MST, 3pm CST and 4pm ET. :seeya:
(Anyone have any live links for it?)

Why would the other children that was outside with Myra say that she went with Mom? before I am asked to provide a link,its under an article about the press conference

Duh...I had my brain in Camden, NJ all this time and was wondering why a grocery store would be an hour away...

I am not about to start speculating that she drove up to an hour to go grocery shopping. If others want to do that, that's fine. I speculate all day long, but find that a far stretch as grocery shopping is something that is typically done local. Shopping is typically done anywhere, which is what she may have meant or even said.
Just wanted to point out that when I lived in a more rural part of the state (MS) it did in fact take me almost an hour to get to the nearest grocery store. There were no local grocery stores. We took coolers with us for the food. And only went twice per month at the most. We were easily gone 4 hours or more. My mom still lives in that area of the state and still engages in the same shopping practice.

Ugh. . .I hope the FBI search is just SOP ruling out any foul play.

I don't feel any hinky in this case. From what I've seen the kids look well loved and taken care of.

As far as the kids telling the dad Myra went with the mom, I can totally see a 2 yr old fussing about wanting to go with her mom. Maybe once they were inside the door she fussed for her mom and the other kids said ok, go with mom. I imagine she ran back outside, but mom was gone. Maybe Myra took off down the drive way, etc. The other kids probably assumed, since she didn't come back that she did go with Mom. All, speculation, of course, but I could see it happening that way.

Is there a link for this presser?

Just wanted to point out that when I lived in a more rural part of the state (MS) it did in fact take me almost an hour to get to the nearest grocery store. There were no local grocery stores. We took coolers with us for the food. And only went twice per month at the most. We were easily gone 4 hours or more. My mom still lives in that area of the state and still engages in the same shopping practice.

Almost everyone has responded saying the same thing. While, that may be the experience all of you have, I still stand behind my opinion based on what I have read in this missing person case. I appreciate everyone commenting, but it doesn't change my opinion.

Anyone who has been to Mississippi would understand how you have to drive miles and miles to get anywhere. Sometimes even 30 minutes to a convenience store! My Mom is from there. So I do understand some people having problems with how long it can take to go anywhere.

thank you Ms Facetious

No problem, I think I've FINALLY mastered time zones and directions. :floorlaugh:

(Except for the Midwest... that still screws with me!) :facepalm:

Now we just need some live links, or are we going to have to follow it on twitter? :please:

Lol. Camden, MS is a far cry from Camden, NJ. I can see why you were scratching your head! This is an unincorporated rural area just an hour from where I live. It is about an hour (give or take) from the city of Jackson.

I understand that the rural lifestyle might be foreign to people who haven't experienced it. I shared my opinions to help shed a little light on that for that reason. Thanks to those who have shared their experience as well.

Where my husband grew up in rural MS, they either went to Hattiesburg or Mobile for groceries. My BILs and SILs that live there still do. They have a closer, local grocery that has a 1/4 of the selection at 300% mark up in price. People who do not live in these situations do not understand driving "into town" for supplies. But hey....at least we don't have to still hitch up the wagon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I did a Google search and there is a Super Wal-mart about 30 mins away, according to Google maps. So, speculating that someone with that many kids might go to a Wal-Mart to shop, that would be an hour drive time. I don't know about any of you, but I could totally blow 3 hrs at a Wal-Mart, especially if I didn't get to go there very often(without a bunch of kids in tow). . .plus you have to go through check-out, load your groceries, etc.

No problem, I think I've FINALLY mastered time zones and directions. :floorlaugh:

(Except for the Midwest... that still screws with me!) :facepalm:

Now we just need some live links, or are we going to have to follow it on twitter? :please:

I will be shocked if it gets live coverage, unless they have actually found Myra. I'm looking, but haven't found anything yet. I'm keeping my eye on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname