Found Deceased MT - Mike Plain Bull, 22, Pryor, 12 Dec 2013

Very true. The area I live has spotty coverage when you start heading out into smaller towns or out in the mountains. He may have tried to call but couldn't :(. I was more wondering about his last seen location at the Walmart in Billings. This was more the area I was thinking he would have received a call to maybe lure him out. Or maybe he called up some friends in Billings to see them since he was in town. I had some friends that used to live in a really small town. Every time they'd hit our town, their supply town for groceries etc., they would call their friends to let them know they were in town to hang out. They lived about an hour or so out. I am sure Police checked records first. It seems with these missing cases they don't release very much info about calls, etc.

I wish we knew what time he left, if he arrived to the store on time. I am glad they checked store cameras. I wish we knew if they checked in others. I also thought that his car could be placed where it was found. I wonder if he went to Billings to get gas too. Maybe just half a tank since darn gas is so expensive now! Since his last location was in Billings, I am hoping that they did a good job of showing his face and story all over Billings? I also hope they checked nearby gas stations for camera surveillance. He almost made it home and had enough gas so it is so strange. I would think since nothing has been found that getting some flyers put up in Billings would be a great idea. I almost beginning to think that what ever happened to him happened in Billings and someone placed his car near his town. These missing cases make me so sad! Prayers for his family and hope 2014 will bring some much needed answers!

On this past Monday, the bodies of 2 men were found in a field on Rosebud Reservation here in South Dakota. There is not much being said in the media, just that they were found and there are now 3 people under arrest. Unfortunately, innocent people have been murdered because of a perceived problem, even though they were completely innocent.

There is a lot of meth in this part of the country, as there is in other parts of the country but people who are non-Indian, from out of the area and even the country, are coming to live on reservations because of the remoteness and the lack of police coverage. There is a lot of violence associated with the drug use/sale. Those coming from the outside are using kids/gangs on the rez to sell drugs.

Mike is, by all accounts, a hard working good guy but even people like him are targets. What happened could have been random or he may have been targeted because he had money. It may just be that someone had a problem with him over something not related to drugs but just the fact that he was doing well. His job required drug testing, the link below details the regs on testing. His job was too good to risk using meth and he doesn't look like a meth user. IMHO

DOI/BIA Drug Testing Regulations:
http://www.bia.gov/idc/groups/xnifc/documents/text/idc015820.pdf

On this past Monday, the bodies of 2 men were found in a field on Rosebud Reservation here in South Dakota. There is not much being said in the media, just that they were found and there are now 3 people under arrest. Unfortunately, innocent people have been murdered because of a perceived problem, even though they were completely innocent.

There is a lot of meth in this part of the country, as there is in other parts of the country but people who are non-Indian, from out of the area and even the country, are coming to live on reservations because of the remoteness and the lack of police coverage. There is a lot of violence associated with the drug use/sale. Those coming from the outside are using kids/gangs on the rez to sell drugs.

Mike is, by all accounts, a hard working good guy but even people like him are targets. What happened could have been random or he may have been targeted because he had money. It may just be that someone had a problem with him over something not related to drugs but just the fact that he was doing well. His job required drug testing, the link below details the regs on testing. His job was too good to risk using meth and he doesn't look like a meth user. IMHO

DOI/BIA Drug Testing Regulations:
http://www.bia.gov/idc/groups/xnifc/documents/text/idc015820.pdf
That is just terrible! Meth is one of the worst drugs to happen to this country. I had no idea that non-Indians were doing that on reservations. That is disgusting! I had heard of a reservation that shares a border with Mexico. The cartels were using that very land to transport drugs and the local sheriff was asking the government to help him out because he was way outnumbered and the drug cartels were very much aware of it and using it to their advantage. It is sad and unacceptable that the government is doing anything to help. I agree, he doesn't look like a meth addict. It seems that meth users have that sagging mouth from the damage it does to the teeth. He really has it together. I am tired of seeing young people disappear and die. They appear so vibrant and it breaks my heart for their families, friends and what they could have done and been for our country! I wish I could do more. I pray and share their stories but wish I could do more.

I take back what I said about Mike's car probably not being far off the highway. Went back and took a closer look, and there are dirt roads all through that area. Some clearly more well-traveled than others. Here's an updated map with some of those roads traced in yellow, to give you an idea:

62f12808-8d2a-48d3-ba33-6e6315e63df0_zps5ad50850.png

So many places to hide a body out there. There's no guarantee Mike is anywhere near where his car was found. Where would you even begin to look?

ETA: SAR teams arrived this morning with dogs to begin searching:

https://www.facebook.com/Gaaaddsss/posts/469427179833681

Also a reward now being offered:

http://www.ktvq.com/news/reward-offered-for-missing-pryor-man/

I take back what I said about Mike's car probably not being far off the highway. Went back and took a closer look, and there are dirt roads all through that area. Some clearly more well-traveled than others. Here's an updated map with some of those roads traced in yellow, to give you an idea:

62f12808-8d2a-48d3-ba33-6e6315e63df0_zps5ad50850.png

So many places to hide a body out there. There's no guarantee Mike is anywhere near where his car was found. Where would you even begin to look?

ETA: SAR teams arrived this morning with dogs to begin searching:

https://www.facebook.com/Gaaaddsss/posts/469427179833681

Also a reward now being offered:

http://www.ktvq.com/news/reward-offered-for-missing-pryor-man/

It would be like trying to find someone in the Badlands. I wish there was a CAP unit to bring in for aerial searches, the only thing would be an issue is it has snowed regularly in the area.

He could have offered someone in Billings or anywhere along the way a ride back to Pryor and then was carjacked. He may not have been the one to drive the car to where it was found and he could be in a completely different area than where the car was.

It is sad and unacceptable that the government is doing anything to help.

Should say isn't. I should post a warning label: typing while sleep deprived

Bumping for Michael! From what OkieGranny shows with the dirt roads, it really seems to me his car was placed there because why would he go that way? Not good whatever the reason :(

There's a couple of more updates on The Good Fight page:

https://www.facebook.com/Gaaaddsss/posts/469661206476945

The Absarokee SAR team was out searching yesterday, along with dogs and volunteers, but still no sign of Mike. The first mention I've seen of groceries in the car as well as diapers. Says Mike was wearing tennis shoes and unlikely to try walking cross-country "in this type of weather." Mentions that there are several unsolved murders and missing persons on the reservation.

https://www.facebook.com/Gaaaddsss/posts/469594736483592

Says Mike's car was found parked on the side of the Pryor-St Xavier Highway.

So whoever left Mike's car there...
Did they need a ride back out, or was it close enough to walk?
If we are dealing with Mike running away, did he have help?
If we are looking at foul play, was there 2 people involved?

Pryor man missing since mid-December

Plain Bull, a 23-year-old Pryor resident, was last seen just after 7 p.m. leaving the West End Wal-Mart in Billings, according to his aunt, Terry Plain Bull. Mike Plain Bull is 6 feet tall, 160 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a black hoodie, a gray shirt, blue jeans and black Nike tennis shoes.

Plain Bull was driving a green 1996 Ford Explorer with Montana license plate 22-17407. He was alone in the vehicle.

The Explorer was found a week later abandoned on the the road between Pryor and St. Xavier, about 1 ½ miles out of Pryor, Terry Plain Bull said. The family and others have looked for Mike Plain Bull but have been unable to find him.

So now Mike's vehicle was a mile and a half east of Pryor, and not 8 miles?

It has been horrendously cold in this part of the country this past weekend, we had - 54 windchill. I hope he is inside and safe somewhere.

Ignoring the racial part of that comment...

The family that went missing is the Little Light family, and that was back in 2008. They are believed to have been involved with drugs, however their disappearance is believed to be weather related. They got stuck in some snow. Same general area but still about 2 hours away because of the roads, etc.

MT MT - Wyatt Little Light, 1 month, Billings, 23 Dec 2008 - Parents found deceased - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Does any one recall what Mike was wearing when he was seen in the video? I hope this isn't him.

At a press conference Friday, sheriff's officials described the victim as a Hispanic or Native American male, less than 6-feet tall and between 180 and 200 pounds. The victim was wearing a dark blue, button down short sleeve shirt, blue jeans and brown lace work boots.

"The jeans had a very distinct brown leather belt with Native American designs and a matching belt buckle with braided boarder and a pearl colored in-laid horse-head," according a sheriff's press release.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/wyoming-homicide-victim-decapitated-severely-mutilated/

Edit to add from previous post: Plain Bull was last seen wearing black jeans, a black jacket and a black stocking cap. He is 6 feet tall with a light complexion, a slender build and dark hair.

Some family is about to get very bad news. :(

“He was wearing a dark blue, button-down, short-sleeve shirt and blue jeans, a pair of brown-lace work boots with a bluish-green top with deep tread and square toe,” he said. “The victim was wearing a distinctive leather belt with Native American designs, with a matching belt buckle with a braided border and pearl colored in-laid horse head.”

DCI is gathering tissue and blood samples to be used for identification purposes. Steward did not say if the remaining hand could be used to get fingerprints.

“There are several other injuries that I cannot go in to,” he said. “No animal activity was evident on the body.”

Law enforcement personnel, including agents from the DCI, are processing the scene for evidence.

“Given the condition of the body, whoever did this does not want us to identify the body,” Sheriff’s office public information officer Lance Mathess said.

The exact cause and time of death is pending an autopsy, scheduled for Saturday.

“My guess is the person has been dead for 3-4 days, based on my experience,” Steward said.

http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/local/article_4b3b34c6-7989-11e3-bef8-001a4bcf887a.html

All I can say is wow. Think he was set up, too, and this isn't random. What a shame, he seems like a good young man. Hope the body in Powell isn't his.

Any word yet on the body in Powell? It sounds frighteningly close to Mike's description.

I'm a Cherokee and I've been an Indian all my life, lol. This Native American stuff, geez, anyone born in this country is a native American, so it's a meaningless label, really. JMO.

LOL same here granny!! :loveyou:

I don't think it's Mike, katydid. The clothing, height, build, coloring, etc. don't match.

well? where is he?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname