GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the school have been informed before she was even found, or it was certain she was dead?

The "found dead" does make it seem like they have seen her. Could it be she has been seen but not retrieved yet? Underwater or something?
Or possibly it is still a crime scene and the coroners haven't got her body yet.

The media reporting on this is AWFUL, and I feel for the family who may be reading this information. :(

well, I certainly don't think the school or the family is making things up..

I think that LE did a not so good of a job booboo at the presser...

they cannot say one thing to one group and ignore the rest of the country without this kind of confusion.. it is bound to happen.

Frankly you would think the fbi would know better?

The media reporting on this is AWFUL, and I feel for the family who may be reading this information. :(

I totally agree. Even the LE press conference had audio until the conference actually started so we relied on Twitter.

So very sad and am really confused as to what is going on with LE having notified the family before 9am this morning and then followed up with notifying the Sidney Public School District that Sherry is deceased(they had early release from school day and cancelled all weekend school related activities).. Yet they still have no body?? Not sure I understand at all?? Especially since the presser refused to state her body was located .. Much less even that she was deceased ???

been checking all the rapid city media outlets to see if they have picked up on the guy detained in their neck of the woods... but nope... not so much

Considering the distance the younger man bieng questioned is located and that he hasn't been arrested in the case, possibly he was not involved...Not even travelling with the older man who well may be a trucker passing through to the next oil field. Could the younger man be a relative, i.e., his son, who became suspicious during contact with his dad and passed info onto LE?

The older man may have called his son and asked him to dig a 6' deep hole in a field, or something of that nature. He may have even confessed to his son.

Too close to home and breaks my heart. I hope the story comes out....

Good for her -she pulled a gun on him!

Yay, Lady!
Maybe she waited 4 hours to report the incident because she was afraid SHE would get in trouble for having a gun.
In California, the dude would get off scott free, and the lady would be in jail for having a gun.
I imagine you can tell just how outraged I am with our laws in CA. :furious::banghead::furious::banghead::furious::banghead::furious:

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...cle_f2f8f51a-3e10-11e1-9579-001871e3ce6c.html

The Sidney, Mont., School District announced this morning that Sherry Arnold, the missing high school math teacher, is dead. However, law enforcement has not confirmed her death.

"The school district was notified around 9:30 a.m. today of Sherry Arnold's death following notification of the family. In response to this news, the District will be in session until 2:00 p.m.," the school district's website says.

Sidney Police Chief Frank DiFonzo spoke briefly at a news conference Friday afternoon but gave few new details on the case. He said a 47-year-old man is in custody in the Williams County, N.D., jail and a 22-year-old man is being questioned in Rapid City, S.D.

However, DiFonzo did not take any questions during the conference, did not confirm Arnold's death and did not mention whether her body has been found.

Read more: http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...e10-11e1-9579-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1jNxizu8u

If they threw her body down an oil well, it may take some doing to retrieve it. Which may be why the FBI wont confirm....

JVM just stated they have latest (HLN).............;)

Issues is confirming Sherri is deceased however, LE has not confirmed it. I think I heard it that way!

It's not clear if the man from Parachute was the one who was taken into custody or the one who was being questioned.

The men were caught in Rapids City, South Dakota, sources told 7NEWS.

OK.?????...so they were both caught in SD....and then one was taken to ND?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30209788/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member