GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If challenged by an abductor use everything you can to get away. I like this: http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Firearms/Firearms_4women.html

If someone is harming you 'niceties' go out the window. If I am in my vehicle and someone is threatening me they are gonna be on the ground; I don't have to hit to kill, just put them on the ground. The Montana/Wyoming/Dakotas area, which is where we live, is rural; if I were jogging outside, I would carry even a small gun. There are 2 legged and 4 legged critters out there. We have a treadmill, it's easier and warmer than running outside.

This is a damned shame, those who harmed Sherry will be brought to justice. Condolences to her family.

When I was young in my bar hopping days I hammered a nail on the bottom of my shoe...a long one. (70's here platform shoes) and I could swivel it so the pointed part of the nail faces out the front of the shoe. It was my secret weapon in case I got into trouble. Never had to use it but I did turn it a few times.

You're like McGyver!

I keep wondering if the lack of solid information about what happened to Sherry, as well as whether or not they have her body could be a discrepancy scenario: what I mean is, what if her body is in very poor condition due to whatever may have been done to attempt to dispose of it :( , and the perp is telling LE that he/they accidentally hit her and took her body to cover it up, but LE really feels that this was a purposeful abduction?

I suppose that the perp might have run her down with a vehicle then kidnapped her. Maybe that was his plan to make it easier to get her into his car...knock her down with it first. MOO

I keep wondering if the lack of solid information about what happened to Sherry, as well as whether or not they have her body could be a discrepancy scenario: what I mean is, what if her body is in very poor condition due to whatever may have been done to attempt to dispose of it :( , and the perp is telling LE that he/they accidentally hit her and took her body to cover it up, but LE really feels that this was a purposeful abduction?

There are oil wells in surrounding areas, as well as 'dry holes'. http://oilgasglossary.com/dry-hole.html

In a time when we have so much more technology i.e. CSI, 'no body' is problematic. I'm not sure if the answer is updating of laws/evidence criteria or 'on the ground' police work.

Do they make miniature tasers ??

ETA: Yes they do. 975,000V, 7.1oz, 2 lithium batteries, 4.5"x2"x.75"

I don't know that LE eta and FBI) is under any obligation to confirm Sherry's death with the public.

They notified her family and her school family. Her sister and the school made public comments.

Why not wait until they had more details for an actual statement rather than bits and pieces?

eta
I would noot believe the story of an accident gone bad without evidence to back it up. I'd want an ME to examine Sherry's body before I started making statements to the public.

I don't know that LE eta and FBI) is under any obligation to confirm Sherry's death with the public.

They notified her family and her school family. Her sister and the school made public comments.

Why not wait until they had more details for an actual statement rather than bits and pieces?

eta
I would noot believe the story of an accident gone bad without evidence to back it up. I'd want an ME to examine Sherry's body before I started making statements to the public.

Actually, I think they ARE obligated to reveal whether she's deceased if they know it. Death records are public information, although cause of death and other autopsy information can be withheld for a certain amount of time if the investigations warrants it.

They have announced she is deceased. They have not confirmed that her body has been found IIRC.

Our local paper: Sidney teacher dead; 2 in custody. Different headline on website:

Officials announce two arrests in death of Sidney school teacher

http://helenair.com/news/state-and-...cle_2c5c96ae-3e43-11e1-80a9-001871e3ce6c.html

I'm over 400 miles from Sidney.

Arnold's family, including her husband, Gary, asked for privacy, as word of the death was released on Friday morning.
"We just want some privacy and some time to process what has happened," said Karen Arnold Truax, Gary Arnold's daughter from St. Paul, Minn.
Sherry and Gary Arnold were both employees of the Sidney school system. The couple has five children from prior marriages, including two living at home and attending the same school where their mother worked for the past 18 years.
"We want to be together as a family," Truax said. "We appreciate everything that everyone did to help us in this search. We are so heartbroken that this is the outcome. We just sincerely appreciate all the love and support that continues to come from the community."

I think that these guys are likely truck drivers. Honestly, losing their livelyhood is something that over-the-road truckers can't imagine. They can lose their license for tickets, drugs in their system, DUI, ... I know a community of truck drivers; and I really believe that some of them would run too. There are a few that have tried to give a fake name when pulled over for drunk driving; because they just can't imagine losing their license.

I wish that there was more information, but now I wonder if we will have to wait until Monday. It seems like cases are usually quiet over the weekends.

Prayers for Sherry's family during this difficult time.

But would truckers lose their licenses for an accident?

What does the FBI do with persons it arrests in the course of an investigation?
A person arrested by the FBI is taken into custody, photographed, and fingerprinted. In addition, an attempt often is made to obtain a voluntary statement from the arrestee. The arrestee remains in FBI custody until the initial court appearance, which must take place without unnecessary delay.

Can I obtain detailed information about a current FBI investigation that I see in the news?
No. Such information is protected from public disclosure, in accordance with current law and Department of Justice and FBI policy. This policy preserves the integrity of the investigation and the privacy of individuals involved in the investigation prior to any public charging for violations of the law. It also serves to protect the rights of people not yet charged with a crime.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/faqs

Maybe this is why we haven't had a statement from the FBI. They have not officially charged either man with anything? No court appearance? IDK

How long can a person be held up there without charges? And will the laws be those of Montana, even though they seem to be holding them in other states? I would think they will have to charge them fairly soon.

I was wondering the same thing ... could they hold them 24/48/72 hours without charging them?

As far as a court appearance, I would think they had until Tuesday (Monday being a holiday)?

That's what worries me. What if she didn't die on impact (assuming this was a hit and run)? Maybe she could have been saved. This whole thing makes me so angry.

I am with you my friend. If she was hit, wouldn't they have found blood? I know it could have been blunt force without blood.... IDK... I didn't sleep very well thinking about it. Her family must be absolutely heartbroken :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon