GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was involved with international drug trafficking when he hit her, disposed of her down an old oil well or mine shaft, to avoid being caught. It would be nearly impossible to recover remains from down one of those shafts. There's also a large State park in the area, which would be easier to search.

But would truckers lose their licenses for an accident?

This is only my understanding from following other cases involving truckers. When a trucker has an accident they go through a complete audit. Drug testing, log books are checked, condition and maintenance books of the vehicle. And boy, those logs books are picked through with a fine tooth comb. Everything is under the microscope. A trucker can have his license suspended or taken away permanently for a reason that didn't even have to do with the accident. However, despite all this truckers usually don't run and face the consequences instead. IMO, the truckers who do run, do so because they know they are guilty as heck and have something to hide like drug use. Stimulant use is sadly a problem.

Not sure where you got the idea that I said it was a conspiracy. :waitasec:

I extrapolated from your theory: "Could Sherry have been on life support and the family decided to pull the plug and confirmed her death but LE can't until autopsy is done and proper charges are filed against the perp (s) ?"

Because if LE was giving one story but the truth is something else entirely...that might be considered a conspiracy of sorts to folks. My response was no, I don't think that would be a likely scenario.

This is only my understanding from following other cases involving truckers. When a trucker has an accident they go through a complete audit. Drug testing, log books are checked, condition and maintenance books of the vehicle. And boy, those logs books are picked through with a fine tooth comb. Everything is under the microscope. A trucker can have his license suspended or taken away permanently for a reason that didn't even have to do with the accident. However, despite all this truckers usually don't run and face the consequences instead. IMO, the truckers who do run, do so because they know they are guilty as heck and have something to hide like drug use. Stimulant use is sadly a problem.

My father-in-law is a long haul trucker and this is my understanding as well. Accidents are thoroughly investigated by the trucking company and the driver must also complete additional safety training following an accident.

Montana code:

45-5-303. Aggravated kidnapping. (1) A person commits the offense of aggravated kidnapping if the person knowingly or purposely and without lawful authority restrains another person by either secreting or holding the other person in a place of isolation or by using or threatening to use physical force, with any of the following purposes:

(a) to hold for ransom or reward or as a shield or hostage;
(b) to facilitate commission of any felony or flight thereafter;
(c) to inflict bodily injury on or to terrorize the victim or another;
(d) to interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function; or
(e) to hold another in a condition of involuntary servitude.

(2) Except as provided in 46-18-219 and 46-18-222, a person convicted of the offense of aggravated kidnapping shall be punished by death or life imprisonment as provided in 46-18-301 through 46-18-310 or be imprisoned in the state prison for a term of not less than 2 years or more than 100 years and may be fined not more than $50,000, unless the person has voluntarily released the victim alive, in a safe place, and with no serious bodily injury, in which event the person shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term of not less than 2 years or more than 10 years and may be fined not more than $50,000.

I read somewhere at some point that Sherry had been taken to North Dakota. Maybe that makes it federal? I will look for the link.

IIRC, a local here said the rumors around town were that she was taken to Beach, North Dakota.

I read somewhere at some point that Sherry had been taken to North Dakota. Maybe that makes it federal? I will look for the link.

It's a federal case because the FBI is the lead investigative agency. They took over a few days in. The Sidney PD has only been assisting. I strongly suspect that Shery was taken into ND or maybe even SD so it's an interstate crime. The question is was she killed in MT or taken across state lines alive?

The way things are looking, I now WISH it had been a traffic accident. :mad:

Ok, found what I was looking for about Sherry being taken out of state. The FBI was investigating the possibility that she was. So no confirmation.

(snip)
The Montana math teacher who was found dead today may have been abducted and murdered by men who fled to Dakota.

The FBI have been investigating the possibility that Sherry Arnold, 43, was snatched when she disappeared last weekend and taken out of state.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murdered-men-fled-Dakota.html#ixzz1jSQBOnDJ

I bet these guys have not given up Sherry's location yet.

The article states that investigators in ND are still searching the area and collecting evidence. It sure sounds like they're still looking for Sherry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike