GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Federal courts, county courts ??? IDK

Also, just thought maybe Sherry is in water. That would account for LE not thinking she survived and it taking time for them to be able to locare her remains.

Wonder if FBI dive teams are involved.

Federal courts, county courts ??? IDK

Also, just thought maybe Sherry is in water. That would account for LE not thinking she survived and it taking time for them to be able to locare her remains.

Wonder if FBI dive teams are involved.

Good thought. Doesn't the Knife River wind through that area? As well as other bodies of water of course.

Patience isn't necessarily my strong suit, but it's clear we are going to have to wait for the FBI to let go of the information when they feel they can do so without potentially jeopardizing this case. So I sit and wait as patiently as I can, because a successful end to a trial beats the heck out of the alternative.

Kudos to the Sidney Herald for taking a stance and choosing to not report what has not been CONFIRMED to them by law enforcement.

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/14/news/breaking_news/doc4f11ec1aa8647342797548.txt

Now if law enforcement would just move this case right on forward and start sharing that which is confirmed with media.

I do not think the family and school district being informed that Sherry was deceased was based on a whim. FBI has solid information, which I trust will come out in good time. The fact they have 2 suspects in custody and charged suggests the wait for names and scenario should not be far down the road.

I don't think LE would announce the death if, say, they were basing it only on what the arrested pair told them, e.g., "She's in the water." Why would they believe the alleged perps? I also don't think they'd announce it based soley on an amount of blood discovered at the scene. That would call for conjecture, which might be okay on down the line, but at this point if all they have is conjecture, they still should be working it as a missing persons case.

So, having said that, I have no idea what sort of game they're playing.

Are they still searching for her body? I haven't read anything about them still trying to locate her but I may have missed it.

I don't think that there is any kind of game being played. Having said that, I would think that info given to the public might be important to their investigation.

I don't ever remember a case where the information has been so vague. IMO

I went back and looked for the earliest article that the FBI was involved and thought a possible kidnapping had occurred. It seems they were onto this early on in the investigation.

Jan. 9th
But FBI agents were called in to assist local law enforcement in the case, and an agency spokeswoman said the possibility of abduction was under investigation.

The search for Arnold was focused on a 10-square-mile area north of the town of Sidney near the North Dakota border.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/teacher-disappears-while-running_n_1194924.html

I don't think LE would announce the death if, say, they were basing it only on what the arrested pair told them, e.g., "She's in the water." Why would they believe the alleged perps? I also don't think they'd announce it based soley on an amount of blood discovered at the scene. That would call for conjecture, which might be okay on down the line, but at this point if all they have is conjecture, they still should be working it as a missing persons case.

So, having said that, I have no idea what sort of game they're playing.

One other option is one that was posted earlier, and I'm sorry I don't recall who said it -- that they have located her body but cannot recover her easily.

This just confuses me - why they would announce she's dead but not have the body. So odd.

This just confuses me - why they would announce she's dead but not have the body. So odd.

I'm thinking that if they found lots of blood in the perps car, and got a confession from one of them, they might have declared it a murder. But perhaps that was the one who was dropped of in ND,while the other one was to dispose of the remains. And maybe he is not talking, yet. >??

One other option is one that was posted earlier, and I'm sorry I don't recall who said it -- that they have located her body but cannot recover her easily.
Yeah, I thought of that (I think I read it on here, in fact), but if this were the case, they'd at least have to be able to get close enough to her to extract DNA, I'd think, for a positive ID. Which seems unlikely. Unless, of course, they have recovered part of the body, thus know that she's dead, and, for some reason, are waiting for the announcement till they find the rest of her.

As CBTampa says above, I don't remember a case either with so much vague information - especially the way they've gone about releasing what info there is, or that they seem to have, or that they are willing to tell us about, anyway.

South Dakota
Major Rivers - Cheyenne River, Missouri River, James River, White River
Major Lakes - Lake Oahe, Lake Francis Case, Lewis and Clark Lake
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/usa/states/southdakota/
Map that shows http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/south-dakota.shtml

North Dakota
Major River - James River, Missouri River, Red River
Major Lakes - Lake Sakakawea, Lake Ohe
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/usa/states/northdakota/
Map that shows these http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/north-dakota.shtml

Montana map
http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/montana.shtml

IIRC the rumor (in comments under an article) talked about it being possible that a trucker hit her and compared Sidney to possibly being like Lake Sakakawea (and how truckers drive I think).

I will try to find.

I don't care if it was a hit and run they failed to render her aid (even if the hit and run is true) and took her. Whether she died because of the hit and run or through the hands of these men they are murders and I hope they are charged as such.

Why haven't they been charged with murder? :waitasec:

This is a strange case. They declared her dead which makes me think that they have some sort of definitive proof that she is dead. However, if they had definitive proof wouldn't they also be up for murder charges instead of "just" kidnapping? Maybe they are waiting to examine the body to see exactly what the charges will be? Like, if they did accidentally hit her and kill versus...other options that might bring even worse charges?

Either way, I hope they find her body so she can have a proper burial and her family can say goodbye.

45-5-303. Aggravated kidnapping. (1) A person commits the offense of aggravated kidnapping if the person knowingly or purposely and without lawful authority restrains another person by either secreting or holding the other person in a place of isolation or by using or threatening to use physical force, with any of the following purposes:
(a) to hold for ransom or reward or as a shield or hostage;
(b) to facilitate commission of any felony or flight thereafter;
(c) to inflict bodily injury on or to terrorize the victim or another;
(d) to interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function; or
(e) to hold another in a condition of involuntary servitude.
(2) Except as provided in 46-18-219 and 46-18-222, a person convicted of the offense of aggravated kidnapping shall be punished by death or life imprisonment as provided in 46-18-301 through 46-18-310 or be imprisoned in the state prison for a term of not less than 2 years or more than 100 years and may be fined not more than $50,000, unless the person has voluntarily released the victim alive, in a safe place, and with no serious bodily injury, in which event the person shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term of not less than 2 years or more than 10 years and may be fined not more than $50,000.

In the meantime, I'm going to have hope that LE/FBI did not tell her family she was dead (or not believed to be alive) without evidence to that end.

That they just haven't told the media, and so the media is jumping all around half reporting all kinds of things.

I used to have a comment in my signature that said for every MSM source I posted, there would be another to contradict what I'd said. And back then I wasn't even talking about this case ... !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike