GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post. I've been reading all the messages on this thread for the last few days, but just signed up today. I'm so glad I found this website. My family and I have been following this story since Sherry first went missing. It just breaks my heart that she hasn't been found yet. The lack of information about the suspects and what exactly happened has been so frustrating.

This is my first post. I've been reading all the messages on this thread for the last few days, but just signed up today. I'm so glad I found this website. My family and I have been following this story since Sherry first went missing. It just breaks my heart that she hasn't been found yet. The lack of information about the suspects and what exactly happened has been so frustrating.

:wagon:

Glad you found and us and thank you for joining the discussion!

Hi everyone, long time lurker jumping in with what might be a puzzle piece....possibly not a piece of Sherry Arnold's puzzle. Time will reveal more.

Sheriff Freedom Crawford has announced that, Charles Bowman Bowen, a 46-year-old Florida man has been arrested and charged with Negligent Homicide in regards to the death of Brian Doyle. Doyle’s body was found in the ditch along US Highway 2 near the town of Bainville on Jan. 20.

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/28/news/breaking_news/doc4f24295b294ae392176887.txt

http://www.ktvq.com/news/suspect-arrested-in-homicide-near-bainville/

It appears Mr. Bowen has some history with law enforcement:

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florida/jensen-beach/charles-bowman-bowen/41449721

:welcome4:

and thanks for the information!

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

A few of these are not really aliases... just variations of the same name. Like Les Waters, Lester Waters, or Lester V. Waters.
Or if someone else wrote out his name, and used two n's in his middle name.
I sign my own name in various ways, my first name, middle initial and last name, just my first and last names, or first and middle initials and last name, for instance. Is that considered aliases?? Or "AKA?"
The name Larry Chapman sounds familiar to me, for some reason.

alias n. 1) a name used other the given name of a person or reference to that other name, which may not be an attempt to hide his/her identity (such as Harry for Harold, initials or a maiden name). (See: a.k.a.)

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/alias

I would take Larry Chapman and Lester West as being aliases in the sense that he was trying to hide his true identity while the others not (the title on the mugshot is Names/Aliases).

I think a third party could be Spell's family member; I still think he called home for help, either from Rapid or before he went there.

Yes, I think you're right! I think he panicked, abandoned the idea of work in williston and headed south right away.... called home for help and told somebody, who quickly cashed in on the reward. I guess he wasn't expecting crazy man Lester Vann, high on speed, driving all night from Billings, to do what he did....

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/12/news/breaking_news/doc4f0f3383f0f7e570191809.txt

Yes, I think you're right! I think he panicked, abandoned the idea of work in williston and headed south right away.... called home for help and told somebody, who quickly cashed in on the reward. I guess he wasn't expecting crazy man Lester Vann, high on speed, driving all night from Billings, to do what he did....

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/12/news/breaking_news/doc4f0f3383f0f7e570191809.txt

BBM

Since the tip that led LE to Spell and Waters was anonymous, the motivation for that tip was not the reward.

SBM

I agree that it's all guesses here right now.

As for Waters, I don't think he worked the system. Or at least, not very successfully. He's put in three stints in prison in Florida. I think the reason he hasn't put in more is that, aside from the 3 hit and runs, his crimes were basically non-violent. Florida has a prison overcrowding problem, so as long as the perp isn't violent, they are less likely to actually serve time in prison. Florida does not have early release due to overcrowding, so judges are more cautious in sentencing.

The reason I think Waters is not too bright is that he had more arrests for driving with a suspended licence or driving without a license than I cared to count. It isn't that difficult to drive so that you don't attract LE attention!

I agree...and,
3 Hit and runs?! Whats up with that? Sounds more like a hobby.... jmo

BBM

Since the tip that led LE to Spell and Waters was anonymous, the motivation for that tip was not the reward.

you cant remain anonymous when making a tip for a reward?

Crime Stoppers
1800speakup.org
As an incentive, anonymous tipsters can receive a cash reward up to $1000 if there's an arrest based on their information. Last year, more than 4000 tips were ...

alias n. 1) a name used other the given name of a person or reference to that other name, which may not be an attempt to hide his/her identity (such as Harry for Harold, initials or a maiden name). (See: a.k.a.)

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/alias

I would take Larry Chapman and Lester West as being aliases in the sense that he was trying to hide his true identity while the others not (the title on the mugshot is Names/Aliases).

Yes, of course.

you cant remain anonymous when making a tip for a reward?

Crime Stoppers
1800speakup.org
As an incentive, anonymous tipsters can receive a cash reward up to $1000 if there's an arrest based on their information. Last year, more than 4000 tips were ...

You certainly can.

http://www.cfcrimeline.com/ "Tips that lead to the felony arrest of suspects and/or the recovery of stolen property and drugs may be eligible for cash rewards of up to $1,000, which are paid to tipsters on an anonymous basis."

Here in Central Florida we got it set up right! LOL

I was just stopping in to see if there was anything new and quickly scanning screen I saw reward and tip mentioned and I thought they had found Sherry. But it was just talk about what led to Spell's and Water's arrest.:(

With or without Sherry they are going to prosecute these monsters and considering the fact that Spell has implicated both himself and Waters they better pray they have a good lawyer. Even then I don't think it looks good for them.

Leaving a person out there like that living or dead is atrocious. I don't think either of them stands a chance at trial and I don't think that either one of them will walk away with anything less then life.

I agree with the post regarding the odd coincidences of the Florida locations. the man they arrested for Brian Doyle's death lived in Jensen Beach , Martin County and has arrest records in Martin County for stolen goods , felony driving while sickened and parole violations. The person he is accused of killing live in a very nearby county. Lester Vann Waters, suspect in Sherry Arnold's disappearance lived in nd has arrest records in an adjacent county Indian River. neither location is large in terms of city population, and both were living there and were arrested in similar time frames. just very odd, and overly coincidental.

I agree with the post regarding the odd coincidences of the Florida locations. the man they arrested for Brian Doyle's death lived in Jensen Beach , Martin County and has arrest records in Martin County for stolen goods , felony driving while sickened and parole violations. The person he is accused of killing live in a very nearby county. Lester Vann Waters, suspect in Sherry Arnold's disappearance lived in nd has arrest records in an adjacent county Indian River. neither location is large in terms of city population, and both were living there and were arrested in similar time frames. just very odd, and overly coincidental.

Its weird, huh? I don't know what to make of it. If it is related I'd think that it has probably shaken up Spell and Waters a bit.

But I think that Spell and Waters had just gotten to Montana from Colorado. If the man they've arrested for killing Brian Doyle came from Florida and had been in Montana for a bit, maybe they don't know each other.

I don't know what to make of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member