GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #4

HFH,

In Montana, even if they didn't cross state lines, they would still be facing the DP right?

I've spent a lot of time thinking about it. I thought about them looking long and hard for somewhere out in the middle of no where so they could take there time at an abandoned property. But then would criminals want to spend any amount of time with evidence that puts the blame completely on their shoulders? Probably not.

I tend to go with the scenario that they found a natural dip in the landscape, covered her with sod and whatever else they could find. Hopefully animals have not found Sherry's remains. It does sound like many remains are found this way, indicating that many that are buried like this are not bothered by animals.

If there is some truth to what people are saying that Sherry could be found when the seasons change they don't have much longer to make a deal because I think that the prosecution is going to move forward with or w/out a body.

I hope they find Sherry soon though.

I am not sure when MT spring turkey season starts, in ND it is in mid-April. That is quite a while from now but it will put a lot of people out into the countryside, particularly in the wooded areas. I do hope she is found long before then.

I am not sure when MT spring turkey season starts, in ND it is in mid-April. That is quite a while from now but it will put a lot of people out into the countryside, particularly in the wooded areas. I do hope she is found long before then.

Me too. That's quite a way away.

Thanks for keeping us posted about what's going on in that part of the country.

I think some posters here have been concerned that a number of landowners in that area are not year-round residents and, therefore, either are not aware of Sherry's disappearance or are aware, but unable to search their own land at this time. That's where it would be helpful to have LE contact the landowners to verify that they are aware of the search.

Yes, i remember hearing 'abandoned farmstead' in the description. I don't see how a voluntary search by owners will include that...jmo.. personally if it were my family, i'd hire a pi to make the drive and check every possible nook and cranny along the way.

IMO it will take more than one PI to search this enormous haystack to find her.

I hope LE/FBI has more information that might lead them to narrow things down. Like what direction they traveled after taking Sherry.

I'm not sure I trust the source of the information (assuming it is one of the suspects) on where they left her anyway.

I had no idea when spring turkey season started in Montana so I Googled it and found the info on FWP site.

http://fwp.mt.gov/fwpDoc.html?id=54364

Turkey
spring....................Apr 14–May 20

I'm going to go way outside here, but I've been wondering. Is it possible that the FBI is being so vague because these two are being investigated for more?

I feel that it is odd that they would show up in Sidney and within hours abduct and kill someone. That doesn't sound like a first time event to me? jmo

I recall reading a post earlier that there were two missing woman around the Parachute CO area.

There was a pretty intensive search done in the North Bainville, MT area last week for Sherry's body. Why they picked this area I don't know. Must have gotten some sort of tip. Hopefully with MT Governor stepping into the extradition picture, we may be hearing some more this week.

There was a pretty intensive search done in the North Bainville, MT area last week for Sherry's body. Why they picked this area I don't know. Must have gotten some sort of tip. Hopefully with MT Governor stepping into the extradition picture, we may be hearing some more this week.

In the hills north of Bainville?

I'm going to go way outside here, but I've been wondering. Is it possible that the FBI is being so vague because these two are being investigated for more?

I feel that it is odd that they would show up in Sidney and within hours abduct and kill someone. That doesn't sound like a first time event to me? jmo

I recall reading a post earlier that there were two missing woman around the Parachute CO area.

BBM

I agree. This was probably not the first time they did something like that. I hope some other cases get solved now as well.

IMO it will take more than one PI to search this enormous haystack to find her.

I hope LE/FBI has more information that might lead them to narrow things down. Like what direction they traveled after taking Sherry.

I'm not sure I trust the source of the information (assuming it is one of the suspects) on where they left her anyway.

Yea, that's true. hehe Seems to me they would have continued North.

Yes, in the hills north of Bainville. Roosevelt County had quite a group out there looking.

A little inside info........Roosevelt County Sheriff requested County Road Deptartment help, as he was NOT familier with east end Roosevelt(Back Country). The info was, 1 hour west of Williston and North of Hwy 2. I hope this helps some,and will bring Sherry Arnold home!. I will be out looking for deer sheds, ;)

My computer died and I couldn't follow the search for Sherry.... ARGH!

I tend to think this was a first time event, just because they were caught so quickly. One of them talked to someone (relative, friend, LE), which I would not expect from an experienced duo. If they had experience, I would expect them to be able to keep their mouths shut for more than a week.

So 1 hour west of Williston would be in Montana. At least this narrows it down to what state. If this info is true, that is.

North Dakota's governor has officially signed extradition warrants issued by Montana's governor for Michael Spell and Lester Waters, Jr., accused of kidnapping and possibly killing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold.

A spokeswoman for North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple says the governor received the requests on Tuesday from Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer, and signed the warrant requests.

The signing of the governors' warrants affirms the upcoming extradition hearing and the fact that the state wants the men back in Montana to face charges.
http://www.kxlh.com/news/nd-governor-signs-warrant-requests-for-suspects-in-sherry-arnold-case/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back