GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #4

The alleged confession? Has anyone else read this other than the examiner? I was just wondering because I don't remember reading that. I wonder which one confessed? This whole case disturbs me. I live in Montana & have a sister that lives in Sidney.....This stuff just doesn't happen here..Counting the days to hear the evidence. I wish they would release the vehicle that was used in crime...I know they don't want to release info because they are afraid of damaging the case but it might help to locate her body. People are more apt to remember a vehicle in the area than they are to remember seeing these two men a vehicle.

As far as I know the only mention of a confession was something a family member mentioned to a reporter.

Sherry Arnold Case: Judge Reacts to Extradition

Judge Gregory Mohr says people are still mourning Sherry's loss, but they are trying to move on. "This is something that, nobody wants to go through this, but it's a sad fact that we are. We are a pretty resilient people here. Sidney will survive," Judge Gregory Mohr said.

Judge Gregory Mohr set bail for the two men at $2.5 million. Their district court appearance date will be February 28th. Both men are facing aggravated kidnapping charges. Judge Mohr says both men could be facing the death penalty if convicted.

Short video of the judge at this link:

http://www.kfbb.com/news/local/Sher...s-to-Extradition-139498078.html?m=y&smobile=y

Suspects in teacher kidnapping returned to Montana town to face prosecution

Speculation about what happened to Arnold has been rampant.

But Matt Pavelich with the state public defender’s office, which has been appointed to represent Spell and Waters, said Tuesday that the defense had been given little to work with so far.

“One of the things we’re fighting is there’s far more speculation than solid information available and it creates a pretty difficult environment to work in,” Pavelich said. “We probably have less information than the folks at the coffee shop.”

Mike Weber, the Richland County prosecutor, said Tuesday he doesn’t expect charging documents in the case to be filed until later in the week. Those are expected to provide more details on what role authorities believe Spell and Waters played in Arnold’s disappearance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...s-kidnapping/2012/02/14/gIQAJtlkCR_story.html

So Spell confessed. According to the documents he also confessed to his girlfriend that he and Waters were drunk and high while driving around.

That is a gruesome read. So Spell says Waters "choked her out" in the back of the vehicle. And Waters threw Spell's hat into the ditch and LE found the hat.

• Spell said they drove to a truck stop near the Walmart in Williston while the female lay dead inside the vehicle and under a blanket. They threw her clothing into a dumpster by the truck stop.

• Spell said he and Waters drove to a rural area outside of Williston and dropped off the body. The two then returned to Williston and purchased a shovel at Walmart. The two returned to the female’s body, and Spell said Waters made him dig a hole two or three feet deep and then put the body in the hole.

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/02/17/news/breaking_news/doc4f3ee8b8ee856340534598.txt

• Spell said they drove to a truck stop near the Walmart in Williston while the female lay dead inside the vehicle and under a blanket. They threw her clothing into a dumpster by the truck stop.

• Spell said he and Waters drove to a rural area outside of Williston and dropped off the body. The two then returned to Williston and purchased a shovel at Walmart. The two returned to the female’s body, and Spell said Waters made him dig a hole two or three feet deep and then put the body in the hole.

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/02/17/news/breaking_news/doc4f3ee8b8ee856340534598.txt

They bought a shovel and returned so they should be able to give directions so that her body can be found.

So if they were in Williston with the body, that means they crossed state lines, does that mean the Feds will take over prosecuting these animals??

I would think so but not sure? They may need that body first. But again I don't know.

This Waters must have been a real bad dude... sounds like Spells was a little scared of him. Making him smoke crack, making him grab her and force her into the car, and making him dig a hole and bury the body. Wow. I'm speechless.
My heart goes out to Sherry's family, as well as her friends and colleagues who loved her. It's so heartbreaking that she had to die at the hands of these monsters.

I'm having a hard time believing that neither one remembers where she is buried. They went there TWICE - the first time to drop off her body, then went to WM to buy a shovel and drove back there again to bury her. I'm not buying it at all.

I'm not buying it either. Frankly, there's quite a bit about Spell's story I'm not buying. His "poor me, I'm a victim too" routine doesn't work for me.

I'm having a hard time believing that neither one remembers where she is buried. They went there TWICE - the first time to drop off her body, then went to WM to buy a shovel and drove back there again to bury her. I'm not buying it at all.

I don't buy it either! They're banking on the idea that there's no case w/o a body. We don't know what kind of evidence LE has, but I'm hoping it's enough to get these guys anyway... and maybe one will talk to mitigate sentencing.

They do have a confession by Spell...I will post a link that shows info stated. Spells girlfriend in Colorado called FBI tip line..So hope they can find her.

http://www.kxlh.com/files/spell.pdf

Not to minimize this horrific act of evil...but I am glad that one perp did confess, and that his gf did not protect him. She even went so far as to call the tip line.
I wish this would happen in more missing babies/persons cases.

As I reflect back over this past month after first hearing of this then following the news and websleuth's several things come to mind. 1. I thought it was the general feeling that a basic shovel really would not have been enough to get through the ground to bury Sherry so did they use the shovel they returned to Walmart? Is Spell telling the whole truth? 2. They kidnapped Sherry at 0640 a.m. Sidney time then they arrive at Walmart that evening 15 hours later to buy a shovel? They said they dropped off the body then went back but then they say they had her in the back covered with a blanket while at Lonnie's truckstop which according to the official court docs was right after they left Walmart that evening, the camera saw them at Lonnie's so it seems like all the dots are not connecting totally. I believe there are more missing pieces to this crime. I will not be suprised if the authorities link them to other women's deaths as well. The fact that Waters told Spell not to leave cigarette butts around the burial site, he is well acquainted with Crime. This cold blooded premeditated murder is beyond what I believed would come out in this case in the remote rural town of Sidney Montana. I hope they can find Sherry's body. Perhaps everyone with Camera's (restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores) all will look for the appearance of these men on their camera's on January 7th to get a timeline and location of them from 0640 on. They've got a good start. (Ranger in Sidney picking up on camera 0620ish, IGA on camera, Walmart, Lonnie's) It looks like they went to the strip club while in Williston too. I would check all of the local convenience stores they may have stopped and got coffee, snacks, etc...Sad, Sad findings for the Arnold family and Sidney community. Senseless crimes, Stupid drugs.....What happens to people conscious before the crime? Why couldn't Spell have thought when he first forced her in the vehicle, this is someone's wife, daughter, mother etc..... instead of after he commits the crime, then feels remorse. The damage is done, those men have hurt the lives of so many people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav
Back