My thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Mr. C up early getting ready for a car show? I recall reading that somewhere. I understand he is a car enthusiast, and I do know one would need to get up pretty darn early to get ready for and make it to a show, especially if there is a long commute. Either way, like Vivalor said, older people are known for getting up early. My 81 year old father inlaw gets up at the crack of dawn every day - many times even earlier. one day he got up before dawn, looked out his front window, and claimed to see a young naked woman run passed his house down the street and back (he lives on a cul de sac). We all thought, oh jeeze, Dad is hallucinating now, this must be the beginning of some kind of aging dimensia and were concerned. He on the otherhand, was happy as a pig in mud. we later found out the elderly woman across the street was up early too, looking out her window and saw the same thing. it was some kind of sorority initiation.

Samantha I agree that it is not at all odd for GC to be up that early.

I couldn't resist...
images-2.jpg

Wasn't Mr. C up early getting ready for a car show? I recall reading that somewhere. I understand he is a car enthusiast, and I do know one would need to get up pretty darn early to get ready for and make it to a show, especially if there is a long commute. Either way, like Vivalor said, older people are known for getting up early. My 81 year old father inlaw gets up at the crack of dawn every day - many times even earlier. one day he got up before dawn, looked out his front window, and claimed to see a young naked woman run passed his house down the street and back (he lives on a cul de sac). We all thought, oh jeeze, Dad is hallucinating now, this must be the beginning of some kind of aging dimensia and were concerned. He on the otherhand, was happy as a pig in mud. we later found out the elderly woman across the street was up early too, looking out her window and saw the same thing. it was some kind of sorority initiation.

BBM

You DID read it somewhere...my post 2 posts above yours! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It is just TOS here Hawkshaw. I think they figure if the MSM has picked up a name there must be some credibility to make it public. That gives a basis for discussion here. There has to be a cut off point, right? :waitasec:

I think I get what You and Hawk are saying - IOW - even if it is written in MSM doesn't make it fact. I like MK's suggestion that we start a "fact" thread...but we will have to wade through it very carefully (like Shannan waded through the marsh - even though she couldn't swim). Facts are hard to come by in this case. I'm no thread - starter, but I support MK all the way!

I am very encouraged to see the older posters show up again. lol, I don't mean we are old, just that our posts are "older" than others...
One more observation: Our threads have been hijacked!:what:

IMVHO ...even if SG couldn't swim she went through hell and high water...trying to survive. Rest her soul.

She didn't.

Hell, sometimes I go to bed at 5:00 AM :D
Almost every time I look out the window, between 1:00AM and 4:00 AM...I am surprised by something I see. As I pass the window, I'll look out. Sometimes a noise will cause me to look. Last night, I saw something out of place. I let my eyes adjust to the light and counted SEVEN deer in a grassy area across the street. That was an interesting surprise. A year or so ago, it wasn't so quaint. I was keeping track of two compact cars that would park facing opposite directions. They would each park and one would go to the other car, retrieve a small cardboard box, cross the street and put said box in his trunk. The first car would drive away and the second would wait about 30 seconds and then make a u-turn and leave. This went on over a few weeks, I reported it and it stopped. For some reason, I came to believe it was an undercover situation. Sometimes, an odd pattern of lights will reflect on the wall and that was how I came to keep track of those two cars.

GC was up and he is likely the type to know what goes on in the wee hours of the night/morning. From every overhead shot available, it looks like GC has the one house where he can see the comings and goings of EVERYONE inside the OB gate. IF he had a security camera we would know almost everything.

His wife has been far too quite. IMO, of course.

Yiks. That is some sketchy stuff going on out side your house. My first thought was drug deals going on. But I bet your right sense it stopped once you reported it. But I would of been all over that getting license plat numbers and stuff.

Hell, sometimes I go to bed at 5:00 AM :D
Almost every time I look out the window, between 1:00AM and 4:00 AM...I am surprised by something I see. As I pass the window, I'll look out. Sometimes a noise will cause me to look. Last night, I saw something out of place. I let my eyes adjust to the light and counted SEVEN deer in a grassy area across the street. That was an interesting surprise. A year or so ago, it wasn't so quaint. I was keeping track of two compact cars that would park facing opposite directions. They would each park and one would go to the other car, retrieve a small cardboard box, cross the street and put said box in his trunk. The first car would drive away and the second would wait about 30 seconds and then make a u-turn and leave. This went on over a few weeks, I reported it and it stopped. For some reason, I came to believe it was an undercover situation. Sometimes, an odd pattern of lights will reflect on the wall and that was how I came to keep track of those two cars.

GC was up and he is likely the type to know what goes on in the wee hours of the night/morning. From every overhead shot available, it looks like GC has the one house where he can see the comings and goings of EVERYONE inside the OB gate. IF he had a security camera we would know almost everything.

His wife has been far too quite. IMO, of course.

I, too, pay attention to what goes on around my home & at times recognize "out of the usual" activity. But one thing you mention is the silence of GC's wife. If someone was yelling & banging at my door at 5 am & my husband answered & I heard the voice of a frantic woman, I would race to her aid ALONG with my husband. Why didn't his wife? Most women would do the same.

I, too, pay attention to what goes on around my home & at times recognize "out of the usual" activity. But one thing you mention is the silence of GC's wife. If someone was yelling & banging at my door at 5 am & my husband answered & I heard the voice of a frantic woman, I would race to her aid ALONG with my husband. Why didn't his wife? Most women would do the same.

Old women(forgive me Mrs. Coletti)her age don't race anywhere, no matter how concerned they might be. And look at the grief this has caused her husband and their friends. Why on earth would she open her mouth about it.

The thought has crossed my mind that CPH may have made housecalls for the Mrs. and this may have bought GC's loyalty and silence. This could apply to other neighbors as well.

Old women(forgive me Mrs. Coletti)her age don't race anywhere, no matter how concerned they might be. And look at the grief this has caused her husband and their friends. Why on earth would she open her mouth about it.

not for nothing, in his generation, if the hubby tells wife to not talk about something, that's the way it flows

The thought has crossed my mind that CPH may have made housecalls for the Mrs. and this may have bought GC's loyalty and silence. This could apply to other neighbors as well.

Let me get this straight, you think that because a person made a house call to his wife he would commit a federal crime and cover up a murder?

That's quite a leap. I think that if you had a doctor available whenever you needed him and perhaps without charging a fee and if you had a sick wife, maybe a sick wife that needed scheduled drugs, you might be inclined to see what you want to see and ignore what you don't want to see.

That's quite a leap. I think that if you had a doctor available whenever you needed him and perhaps without charging a fee and if you had a sick wife, maybe a sick wife that needed scheduled drugs, you might be inclined to see what you want to see and ignore what you don't want to see.

I never had anything against Coletti...until I heard him say, "Just don't ask me to give up one of my neighbors." Once I heard that, his stock with me plummeted. Would he protect a murderer if that murderer was his neighbor? You bet! How do I know that? Because he came right out and said so. Worse, he felt not an ounce of shame in saying so. :furious:

Please forgive if this has been said already...What if GC's wife is an invalid, or semi-invalid? Do we know?

Please forgive if this has been said already...What if GC's wife is an invalid, or semi-invalid? Do we know?

Perhaps she doesnt want the media attention. Mrs. BB called 911, but I dont recall her stepping out in front of the cameras.

I never had anything against Coletti...until I heard him say, "Just don't ask me to give up one of my neighbors." Once I heard that, his stock with me plummeted. Would he protect a murderer if that murderer was his neighbor? You bet! How do I know that? Because he came right out and said so. Worse, he felt not an ounce of shame in saying so. :furious:

Gus Coletti never asked to be involved in any of this. I doubt at his age this is what he had in mind as far as how he would be spending the twilight of his life. Being hounded by media and constantly badgered because some girl chose his door to bang on at 5AM that morning or whatever time it was. He's an old timer. Old timers believe in keeping your mouth shut. You really can't fault him. He's done lots of interviews talking about the case and has talked extensively about what happened that morning. If I were him I would stop speaking to the press. It's time for him to move on and enjoy what time he has left.

I've actually been a WS member for a while and rarely post, and have also (until very recently) Not even bothered to read much anymore.
It seems like the same rehashing and most of the talk has been hijacked by people insisting on the Oak Beach Gang Theory.
I have met many of these people in person on several occasions (the subscribers to this theory) and most of the theory beyond Shannan tragically drowning in the marsh, leads back to a lot of accusations by one person. This one person is potentially sketchy (to say the least) and as far as I'm concerned, could be as viable a suspect as anyone else at Oak Beach.
SCPD failed SG miserably. Once they were able to decipher where this 23 minute call had come from (easy to do once GC & BB had called) ... they had no business leaving that community without finding that girl. PERIOD
I feel for her family in a big way and also will always credit Shannan's plight and the insistance of her fmaily with the discovery of the rest of the poor souls on the parkway.
I also believe her role in the serial killer case may simply end there.
My theory is this.
The "oak beach gang" (if this gang exisits) is very close and if we are to believe for a minute they are carrying these acts out together, or covering for those that are.... they would also have the complete freedom and ability to have disposed of these bodies in a way they would never have been discovered. Does the term "sleeping with the fish" ring a bell? Dexter anyone ?
Many of these folks have boats and the means to make then disappear for good. Other than ONE JD (who's legs were found washed up) there was no indication this method had been used and I simply cannot believe it would not be the method of choice among a gang at a beach community with plenty of help and cover to pull it off. Organized crime has been doing it forever and it's effective
Sorry for the opinion here... But I guess opinion is theory :)

Perhaps she doesnt want the media attention. Mrs. BB called 911, but I dont recall her stepping out in front of the cameras.

Her son did tho, thankfully, or we might never have learned that Shannon got that far down Anchor Way. That was the last pin point of her in OB, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname