My thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually been a WS member for a while and rarely post, and have also (until very recently) Not even bothered to read much anymore.
It seems like the same rehashing and most of the talk has been hijacked by people insisting on the Oak Beach Gang Theory.
I have met many of these people in person on several occasions (the subscribers to this theory) and most of the theory beyond Shannan tragically drowning in the marsh, leads back to a lot of accusations by one person. This one person is potentially sketchy (to say the least) and as far as I'm concerned, could be as viable a suspect as anyone else at Oak Beach.
SCPD failed SG miserably. Once they were able to decipher where this 23 minute call had come from (easy to do once GC & BB had called) ... they had no business leaving that community without finding that girl. PERIOD
I feel for her family in a big way and also will always credit Shannan's plight and the insistance of her fmaily with the discovery of the rest of the poor souls on the parkway.
I also believe her role in the serial killer case may simply end there.
My theory is this.
The "oak beach gang" (if this gang exisits) is very close and if we are to believe for a minute they are carrying these acts out together, or covering for those that are.... they would also have the complete freedom and ability to have disposed of these bodies in a way they would never have been discovered. Does the term "sleeping with the fish" ring a bell? Dexter anyone ?
Many of these folks have boats and the means to make then disappear for good. Other than ONE JD (who's legs were found washed up) there was no indication this method had been used and I simply cannot believe it would not be the method of choice among a gang at a beach community with plenty of help and cover to pull it off. Organized crime has been doing it forever and it's effective
Sorry for the opinion here... But I guess opinion is theory :)

Thanks Mainegirl, When you do write a post it certainly most interesting! lol Yes, an interesting theory which sounds quite plausible to me. I could see someone like GC partying with the guys, maybe having just returned home before he got a knock on his door!

The lady with the son who saw "footprints in the sand" was not BB. Her initials are EC. BB was not identified by name for some time.

Ah, and a female neighbor, whose door SG banged on, did speak on camera, from behind a closed screen door, and a young man commented from behind her. But, that interview, as well as the CPH video interview from the same day, was pulled almost immediately from the internet.

LIN, I apologize. In just the first 20 or so comments, this thread you started re: polite intellectual discourse or the lack thereof, has turned into another SG, MP, CPH, GC thread.

Peter Vallone wants pictures of registeted sex offenders posted at the subway stations. Maybe the city council has to vote on this issue. I hope it goes through.

Peter Vallone wants pictures of registeted sex offenders posted at the subway stations. Maybe the city council has to vote on this issue. I hope it goes through.

Great idea! As long as they put all the offenders on the Board it will be OK to me. Sex offenders such as Spitzer, Vito Lopez, Sen.Menendez, just to name a few should be interesting.

Mr.Vallone is positioning himself for Queens DA, when Mr. Brown can no longer get out of bed and has to be spoon fed his cereal.

Great idea! As long as they put all the offenders on the Board it will be OK to me. Sex offenders such as Spitzer, Vito Lopez, Sen.Menendez, just to name a few should be interesting.

Mr.Vallone is positioning himself for Queens DA, when Mr. Brown can no longer get out of bed and has to be spoon fed his cereal.

The lady with the son who saw "footprints in the sand" was not BB. Her initials are EC. BB was not identified by name for some time.

OMG, Thanks Redbird. I had forgotten that!

Gus Coletti never asked to be involved in any of this. I doubt at his age this is what he had in mind as far as how he would be spending the twilight of his life. Being hounded by media and constantly badgered because some girl chose his door to bang on at 5AM that morning or whatever time it was. He's an old timer. Old timers believe in keeping your mouth shut. You really can't fault him. He's done lots of interviews talking about the case and has talked extensively about what happened that morning. If I were him I would stop speaking to the press. It's time for him to move on and enjoy what time he has left.

I can and I do. Anyone who would even suggest that they wouldn't "give up a neighbor" in a murder case, doesn't measure up to my moral standards. Not that he HAS to measure up to my moral standards, no-one does really, but that sure as hell doesn't mean I won't form opinions based on moral failings, as I see them.

Alrighty then. I haven't been around in awhile but I have to tell you that this particular forum (LISK), is way more professional and fact based then some of the others I've been at.

I think for the most part, everyone keeps in mind the TOS. Opinion is going to come with each link, and for whatever reason, we all see it differently, that's what makes it interesting, the different POV's.

I have to agree that the facts do get mucked up after awhile and after many different takes on a fact. Then things that are not fact start getting stated as fact. This is what causes the confusion. But I have to say that for the most part the posters are much more disciplined here than on other cases. Good work!!

gee..do you think she might have been sleeping? it was 5 am.

Even if she had been sleeping, the commotion would have awakened her but I believe GC said both he & his wife were getting ready to leave for a "car show"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname