Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS Little Bear!

Well darn, elliot, nice try though! I was really hoping Delores would be the one. Depressing isn't it? Another dead end.

One good thing to come out of this is now we know what Delores looks like. Pretty girl. Maybe she'll match up with some other UID., but if LE has misplaced the file, it could be next to impossible if she has no living relatives to supply dna in the event a possiblity comes up. I hate to see anyone wind up as a subject for WS. So many young people and children robbed of their lives. It's heartbreaking, and the older ones too.
Yes, it's sad. But you're right. At least now thanks to Little Bear 2 we have a picture of Delores Stanton to go by.

I found this entry on a website called CyberPages.com that has a list of missing people.

http://www.cyberpages.com/minidb?program=persons&year=1997&month=5

It was from 1997:

Virginia Floyd. 5'4, 115 lbs. brown hair & eyes, olive complexion...birth mother
DeLand, FL

E-mail FireFL5@aol.com with any info.

It does not say how long Ms. Floyd has been missing and I don't have access to my e-mail at this time. However, I was just traveling through FL a couple of months ago and passed through DeLand. It is located near Daytona Beach and close to where the Daytona 500 auto races occur. I know the coronor report on Jane Doe has her listed with blue-green or blue-grey eyes, but I don't know how reliable that information is anymore.

I get the idea V. Floyd gave birth to the person searching for her from the little info available. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I get the idea V. Floyd gave birth to the person searching for her from the little info available. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
Yes. Who knows? I e-mailed this person. It could turn out to be nothing, but at this point I'm willing to try anything.

Couple slain in U.S. may be Edmonton residents missing since 1973

Ron Yakimchuk's sister, Marlene Ball, said her parents provided a DNA sample to police years ago, in the hope that it would help solve the mystery of what happened to the couple after they sent a postcard from Dryden, Ont., in June 1973.

She said she doesn't believe the young couple found with fatal gunshot wounds in South Carolina are her brother and his wife.

"Having seen the pictures, there's no flipping way," she said. "It's just not them."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/C...sidents+missing+since+1973/1813089/story.html

Please move to right thread if posted to wrong one. imo Think the sister's right.

Ron Yakimchuk's sister, Marlene Ball, said her parents provided a DNA sample to police years ago, in the hope that it would help solve the mystery of what happened to the couple after they sent a postcard from Dryden, Ont., in June 1973.

She said she doesn't believe the young couple found with fatal gunshot wounds in South Carolina are her brother and his wife.

"Having seen the pictures, there's no flipping way," she said. "It's just not them."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/C...sidents+missing+since+1973/1813089/story.html

Please move to right thread if posted to wrong one. imo Think the sister's right.

agreed...however, we've been wondering about our mystery couple's DNA sample, because it was sent off aaaaaaaages ago & last i had read here was that Sumter Co was told that the lab in Texas was too inundated with more urgent cases & so it had been given a lower priority. perhaps this request will bump it up in the queue!

I would love for the unidentified SC couple to be identified, but personally I don't think it's Yakimchuck or Pettit. In a way I hope I'm wrong just so this mystery can finally be solved. But I personally don't think Ron and Terry are John and Jane Doe.

We've got to keep this story in the public consciousness because my gut tells me that we are very close to solving this mystery. I think someone is going to come out of the woodwork either from his family or hers and then the floodgates will open. I'm just not convinced that Yakimchuck & Pettit are John and Jane. However, I do believe that whoever Jacques was, he was Canadian. I also think that his initials were JPF.

The thread linked to by kitbits references a second thread about the couple at the same forum. This is the link to the second thread for reference:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,1913.0.html
I read these messages a few months ago and saw the picture of Yakimchuck. He doesn't look like "Jock" to me. One giveaway is Yakimchuck's receding hairline. Jock had a head full of hair if we are to believe the crime scene and autopsy photos.

Wow. I should never be one to select from a photo line up b/c these people look just like "Jock and Jane" to me.

What about the possiblity that "JFP" is a high school's initials, like "Jacques Frederic Prep?"

Wow. I should never be one to select from a photo line up b/c these people look just like "Jock and Jane" to me.

What about the possiblity that "JFP" is a high school's initials, like "Jacques Frederic Prep?"
It's possible. But the initials on Jock's ring were "JPF" not "JFP." Why do you think that these people look just like Jock and Jane to you?

Interesting tidbit from another news article:

http://www.chtv.com/components/print.aspx?id=1785732&sponsor=

Years after the bodies were found, a Canadian connection was revealed. A man whose wife worked at a nearby campground said he played pool there with a camper he thought was one of the victims. He told the sheriff that the man said he was formerly a teacher from Canada. Ron Yakimchuk was a teacher.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this link before, but this YouTube video talks about the missing SC couple: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchdufkJrgg"]YouTube - Unidentified Couple MURDERED - GTA's Most Wanted[/nomedia]

I'd watched this video before, but just watched it again. Too bad they got the wrong info on where the shots were placed. We have to wonder why that is. You'd think they'd have checked their info out with Sumter. I'm still very curious as to the source of bogus information on this case. As I recall when the bodies were exhumed, there were head shots, not mentioned in the video.

I did some looking at the location where the bodies were found, and wondered if the pair had encountered trouble over in Lynchburg. From Lynchburg, it's a straight shot down 341 to Locklair Rd. If the killers had continued on Locklair to St. John's Church then up to Lynches River Rd the whole route traveled would have been a basic U shape to arrive back in Lynchburg. From a killer's perspective in Lynchburg, it kind of makes sense to place the bodies on the other side of I-95 to make it look like the murders occured over there, hence, not connected to Lynchburg.

Wish we could find out where that fruit stand was.

I have just emailed Rogers TV in hopes they respond to my question which was where they got the info for the story they did on the missing couple. Told them the shot placements were different than what they'd said on the show, told them about the bodies being exhumed, and that I was trying to track down the source of bogus information given to them.

I really don't expect to hear back from them, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We need a break, anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500