Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd watched this video before, but just watched it again. Too bad they got the wrong info on where the shots were placed. We have to wonder why that is. You'd think they'd have checked their info out with Sumter. I'm still very curious as to the source of bogus information on this case. As I recall when the bodies were exhumed, there were head shots, not mentioned in the video.

hey there, justthinkin'...is there an article somewhere that mentions any new info discovered after the bodies were exhumed? i've been searching, but it's doing my head in...:confused:

If there is, I haven't seen it or don't remember seeing it. : ) Did you check the thread here on newspaper articles?

Kibets, you're an angel. You got me to looking for articles, and I reread part of the TruTV Crime library on our couple, and found the fruit stand was located off the Florence Hwy. I did a google for that, and came up with HWY 52 as being locally referred to as the Florence Hwy. Somehow I think that's something I knew already, but had forgotten.

Thing with tips is ya never know whether they're legit or someone trying to steer the investigation in a direction that points away from the perps. Someone operated that fruit stand, but who was it that reported seeing the couple there, the operator or a customer? If it was a customer, then whoever was running the fruit stand should've been able to corroberate that story.

I've been busy with work lately, so I haven't posted in a long time, but last night I was looking at updates on the Doe Network site, and came across this. I know it's a super long shot since the height, hair and eye color are off, but Doe Network's made mistakes in the past, and I think he looks a lot like the photos that have been posted.

What do you guys think?

It doesn't look like there are too many posts on either Canadian forum at the links, but i did register and leave a message that if anyone was interested, they could join us here. Figured with 2 Country's worth of people looking, maybe someone will find out who Jock and Jane really are and maybe they can get back to where the families are.:waitasec:

Another question I had... Since I was born in 1976, I am not too familiar how true this is to be, sooo... ANd I do realize I am taking this on the word of a Burt Reynolds movie, but hey, it is my only point of reference...

At some point, wasn't Coors only sold in the Wester portions of the US? Like I said, I realize I am using information provided in "Smokey and the BAndit," BUT, if it was true, and this was all during the 1970's, wouldn't that mean that Jock's shirt with the Coors logo on it was most likely obtained in the Western US, coorberating the Western US link with the matchbooks. I realize that my working nightshift has somewhat frazzled my brain, but I am curious... Could this be another link?

And if i missed something about this theory in the previous threads, I AM SO SORRY.... Like I said, night shift work will mess with you sometimes.

Another question I had... Since I was born in 1976, I am not too familiar how true this is to be, sooo... ANd I do realize I am taking this on the word of a Burt Reynolds movie, but hey, it is my only point of reference...

At some point, wasn't Coors only sold in the Wester portions of the US? Like I said, I realize I am using information provided in "Smokey and the BAndit," BUT, if it was true, and this was all during the 1970's, wouldn't that mean that Jock's shirt with the Coors logo on it was most likely obtained in the Western US, coorberating the Western US link with the matchbooks. I realize that my working nightshift has somewhat frazzled my brain, but I am curious... Could this be another link?

And if i missed something about this theory in the previous threads, I AM SO SORRY.... Like I said, night shift work will mess with you sometimes.

hi, eeyorelrn...

i'm older AND my family moved from virginia to colorado in 72. in answer to the coors question, YES. i was just a kid, 11 when we moved to colorado, but sister & brother were older, and along with my sister's husband, the 3 of them were intrigued by this Coors beer, as it was hard to get on the east coast. and then we moved to arvada, which is near golden, colo., where it's brewed & the beer drinkers were excited...though, when i grew up & learned to enjoy beer, i couldn't figure out why--ew! like water :p but it was the novelty of it back then. but coors was eventually sold elsewhere. here's a wiki quote:

'For much of its history, Coors beer was a regional product mostly confined to the American west by legal restrictions. This made it a novelty on the east coast, and visitors returning from visits to the western states often made a point of bringing back a case. This iconic status was reflected in pop culture: in 1977 the movie Smokey and the Bandit centered on an "illegal" shipment of Coors from Texas to Georgia. Boston Red Sox great Carl Yastrzemski was such a big Coors fan that when he loaded up the team plane with multiple cases of Coors for the return trip to the East Coast, some of his teammates jokingly wondered if the plane would be able to successfully take off.[3] The company finally established nationwide distribution in the U.S. in the early 1990s.'

you can even get it in the UK now...

however, wasn't the auto race that coors sponsored exclusively in FL? i have no clue about these things...

Justthinkin'...can't find anything recent that discusses that point.

I don't see much of a resemblance between the Yakimchuks and the UID couple, either. IMO Terry looks very little like the UID woman, even taking into consideration the possibility that she could have let her hair grow out between 1973 and 1976 and possibly dyed it, though I'd assume a coroner could tell if hair was dyed vs. natural. Ron doesn't closely resemble the UID man either, though the UID does have some kind of "comb over" going on and Ron's hair was receding.

I see much more resemblance between Tara's suggestion of Christopher Martin King and the UID male. I don't want to put the post-mortem photos in this thread, but if you open King's photo in a window next to the UID's you'll see similar hairlines (combed to the right), thick eyebrows and similar mouths. I'm not sure how King made it from Mexico to SC but both he and the UID seem to have led nomadic lifestyles, camping along the way.

<sigh>
ok donno if this is anything, but you know how John Walsh is involved in things because of his personal experiences with Adam?
There is (maybe was) a man in Canada VP of the International Committee of the Red Cross, from things I've read online he speaks quite a bit about missing persons. His name is Jacques Forster.
Donno if this is anything, was and is international attention on this couple, just throwing it out there.

:)

I see much more resemblance between Tara's suggestion of Christopher Martin King and the UID male. I don't want to put the post-mortem photos in this thread, but if you open King's photo in a window next to the UID's you'll see similar hairlines (combed to the right), thick eyebrows and similar mouths. I'm not sure how King made it from Mexico to SC but both he and the UID seem to have led nomadic lifestyles, camping along the way.

yes, sorry, Tara--I meant to post something. i agree...and...i've seen his pic before & it totally jumped out on me but then the different eye/hair colour put me off again. i remember reading that the matches in JD's pocket came from a truck stop out west.

<sigh>
ok donno if this is anything, but you know how John Walsh is involved in things because of his personal experiences with Adam?
There is (maybe was) a man in Canada VP of the International Committee of the Red Cross, from things I've read online he speaks quite a bit about missing persons. His name is Jacques Forster.
Donno if this is anything, was and is international attention on this couple, just throwing it out there.

:)

hi, stumpedpa...this guy?

http://www.ghf-geneva.org/AboutUs/TheBoard/JacquesForster/tabid/207/Default.aspx

Yes appears so...the parallel I was trying to draw was his involvement in speaking on missing persons and the initialls JF (the ring JPF). Maybe there is a personal intrest (son, nephew) just a shot in the dark

:>)

yes, interesting idea! only i would say that if they were related, it wouldn't be father/son, because Mr Forster was born in 1940, making him 36 in 1976 & it was estimated that JD was in his mid-late 20s. i'm guessing from the site i posted that Mr Forster is Swiss, which fits with the one theory that the two were European.

yes, interesting idea! only i would say that if they were related, it wouldn't be father/son, because Mr Forster was born in 1940, making him 36 in 1976 & it was estimated that JD was in his mid-late 20s. i'm guessing from the site i posted that Mr Forster is Swiss, which fits with the one theory that the two were European.

Agreed on all points.
Problem is...how to find out if there is a connection...
also potentially if there was a "disowned" issue as was stated here in another thread, as stated by the man Jock spoke to at the campground, maybe A) they donno he's been dead for decades B) It's a huge secret that he "disappeared" I don't suspect if he was seriously disowned there would be much discussion within the family about him.
<sigh> just makes me sigh.
Anyway as for a possible link mebby....mebby not

:>)

I've been busy with work lately, so I haven't posted in a long time, but last night I was looking at updates on the Doe Network site, and came across this. I know it's a super long shot since the height, hair and eye color are off, but Doe Network's made mistakes in the past, and I think he looks a lot like the photos that have been posted.

What do you guys think?
Out of all of the photographs of missing men I've seen this one looks the most like Jock. The only problem I have with it is that this guy, King, has blue eyes. Jock had brown eyes. Other than that, I think this guy matches up the most out of all of the missing men posted on here before.

Out of all of the photographs of missing men I've seen this one looks the most like Jock. The only problem I have with it is that this guy, King, has blue eyes. Jock had brown eyes. Other than that, I think this guy matches up the most out of all of the missing men posted on here before.

Yeah, that's bugging me, too. I think he just looks SO similar otherwise.

yes, sorry, Tara--I meant to post something. i agree...and...i've seen his pic before & it totally jumped out on me but then the different eye/hair colour put me off again. i remember reading that the matches in JD's pocket came from a truck stop out west.

Hair color can change, more commonly from lighter to darker. My oldest had almost white blond hair for much of his youth, but around age 17 it became brown. I had a niece who started life out with almost black hair that turned blond, and not by virtue of a bottle. I thought that was really strange.

I was reading on another case here where changes in eye color after death were discussed. If I remember which case that was, I'll put up a link. That discussion was in reference to yet another case which had people stumped when a missing person looked very much like the UID, but was discounted over and over because of wrong eye color. Dna proved the two were a match.

All this is just to say I wouldn't be too concerned about hair color or eye color. Sometimes the info is just wrong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500