Mystery Male Chaperone (MMC)

Hi cypress, I think she got this idea from the photo she took of Kyron with his project. Remember the one that showed a man and a girl in the background? Could be there was another girl that wasn't pictured in that photo.

This is JMO.

wm

yes.. I think you are correct... she would have had the idea for this without needing any information from anyone else, b/c he was in her picture. Also probably on the evening of June 4, LE had the only "list" available of parents etc that were in the school, which, as there was no sign in on that day, would have been the list of folks who had volunteered to be chaperones. Clearly that list wouldn't have been complete but, it could have been an easy thing for her to know that there were no men on the list. So fuzzy background guy in her picture + no men on chaperon list= possible other party to point suspicion away from herself, which is what she needed in her attempt to convince her friend that she is being unjustly victimized...

BUT..... why would she be trying to establish THAT so early on? Isn't that the "red flag" that TY (whose opinion I trust) said he noticed on that first day.. that she was already feeling victimized by LE scrutiny?

But why is she memorizing the chaperone list if she didn't see this man in the school? It just doesn't add up. I bet she saw someone's father and decided he looked dorky or creepy enough to make him her scapegoat. Or she saw that pic she took with the guy in the background and decided he would be her scapegoat. Apparently no one in this town is safe from Terri using them as a shield. How sick.

And she is the only one reporting third hand that there was male chaperone WITH Kyron. As I recall, the other kids complained about a creepy guy at school in general, not that this creepy guy was seen with Kyron. It seems made up to take the heat off of her to me, but that's just JMO.
She definitely could have made it up. Or it could have been a rumor she heard from somebody when she went back to the school. She could have heard it from TP or his grandmother or talked to/e-mailed another parent or teacher. Or it could have been a BS story LE told her to try to lull her into a false sense of security.

I feel that if what she is saying is true LE would have looked into that right away and she would not be getting so much negative attention. They would have said from the beginning We are looking for a man... Also if he was actually with ANY chaperon, I think it would be CONFIRMED that Terry was NOT the last person to see him. This would be easy for LE to verify, right away.

But why is she memorizing the chaperone list if she didn't see this man in the school? It just doesn't add up. I bet she saw someone's father and decided he looked dorky or creepy enough to make him her scapegoat. Or she saw that pic she took with the guy in the background and decided he would be her scapegoat. Apparently no one in this town is safe from Terri using them as a shield. How sick.

And she is the only one reporting third hand that there was male chaperone WITH Kyron. As I recall, the other kids complained about a creepy guy at school in general, not that this creepy guy was seen with Kyron. It seems made up to take the heat off of her to me, but that's just JMO.

I'm not seeing that she memorized anything. I took it to mean she was told there were no males on the list.

Also remember there was this (from the Kyron timeline):

8:45 a.m. Terri Horman leaves after watching Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair.

9 a.m. Kyron is reportedly seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.

In just about every one of these cases where there is a lot of info made public early we here things that are later dismissed.

email1.jpg

email2.jpg

email3.jpg

email4.jpg

yes.. I think you are correct... she would have had the idea for this without needing any information from anyone else, b/c he was in her picture. Also probably on the evening of June 4, LE had the only "list" available of parents etc that were in the school, which, as there was no sign in on that day, would have been the list of folks who had volunteered to be chaperones. Clearly that list wouldn't have been complete but, it could have been an easy thing for her to know that there were no men on the list. So fuzzy background guy in her picture + no men on chaperon list= possible other party to point suspicion away from herself, which is what she needed in her attempt to convince her friend that she is being unjustly victimized...

BUT..... why would she be trying to establish THAT so early on? Isn't that the "red flag" that TY (whose opinion I trust) said he noticed on that first day.. that she was already feeling victimized by LE scrutiny?

You said exactly what I was thinking but put it into words so much better than myself! Also, thanks for the reminder about TY, I had forgotten he said that.

Thank you,

wm

MOO

Also remember there was this (from the Kyron timeline):

8:45 a.m. Terri Horman leaves after watching Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair.

9 a.m. Kyron is reportedly seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.

In just about every one of these cases where there is a lot of info made public early we here things that are later dismissed.

Just because LE backtracked doesn't mean it's not true.

she wrote on June 5, 2010.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html

So a day after Kyron goes missing she is sending e-mails with this info. She sure isn't coming across as a devastated parent more like a parent covering their azz. moo

I agree, but objectively speaking, if she'd already been questioned several times and is innocent, wouldn't there be some level of frustration?

I don't think she can only show devastation or grief. I think she's allowed to be frustrated, too, especially if she believes LE doesn't believe her and/or is wasting their time.

She may be guilty. It's entirely possible she's guilty. But in all fairness, if your child was missing and you gave an account of your day, a rather thorough account, and you were questioned and re-questioned to the point of believing LE was questioning your story, but you knew you were innocent, how would you react? If the child you loved was missing, and you knew the statistics (she watched CSI! ;) ), and you knew time was of the essence, and LE was quibbling about you really being at the gym at 11:39 not 11:20, would you continue to be docile? I'm sorry, I don't think I would, and I don't think that would make me a bad parent. I'd be livid. If I gave an account of my whereabouts, and I was questioned and re-questioned and re-questioned and re-questioned within a 24 hour time span, but in such a way that I realized LE didn't believe me, I'd be frustrated and angry, because I'd realize their focus was on me and not on whatever really happened.

I just don't think Terri being frustrated is the smoking gun. I think her being frustrated is reasonable if she's innocent or guilty.

IMHO, the smoking guns are mystery person in the white truck, possibly the batphones if they were purchased on the day of Kyron's disappearance.

I have a hard time with emotional responses convicting someone of a crime...different people react differently to emotional stress.

I feel that if what she is saying is true LE would have looked into that right away and she would not be getting so much negative attention. They would have said from the beginning We are looking for a man... Also if he was actually with ANY chaperon, I think it would be CONFIRMED that Terry was NOT the last person to see him. This would be easy for LE to verify, right away.

BBM --

Exactly! LE has continued to say TH was the last person seen with Kyron. If he had been verifiably seen with some strange male, THAT is who LE would be looking for. They would be asking for help in identifying him. Not to mention if some strange man had been wandering around the school "chaperoning" the kids and then one of those kids went missing and LE and Skyline kept this tidbit from the other parents - we'd be talking millions in lawsuits!

What time were these emails sent on the 5th? I find it hard to believe that this soon after Kyron is missing that TH knows he was seen with a man who was not on any list. Also, if it was after TH left, how does she know he was considered a "chaperone" but wasn't one. He easily could have been someones father or another school staff.

Also, I didn't see -- what did she say about the man in her truck? TIA

I think The MMC is akin to Invisa- Nanny in CA case... JMO

how is it memorizing the list if she was told that Kyron was last seen near a man and that they had no men on the chaperon list? That's all the information she's conveyed. "He was last seen near a man with two girls. There were no men on the chaperon list." We don't know who else has said that to LE, and we don't know who it was that told Terri this information.

Sounds like Diane Downs and her mystery hijacker.

I don't buy it. If I were TH and had heard news of this, I would have been shouting it from the rooftops...especially when the courts tried to take my baby away!!!

Why didn't TH yell the first thing that afternoon that he was with a creep
MMC when I left him?????
Then people would be allerted!
The MMC probably was with her and part of getting KH back to truck etc..........

BBM --

Exactly! LE has continued to say TH was the last person seen with Kyron. If he had been verifiably seen with some strange male, THAT is who LE would be looking for. They would be asking for help in identifying him. Not to mention if some strange man had been wandering around the school "chaperoning" the kids and then one of those kids went missing and LE and Skyline kept this tidbit from the other parents - we'd be talking millions in lawsuits!

What time were these emails sent on the 5th? I find it hard to believe that this soon after Kyron is missing that TH knows he was seen with a man who was not on any list. Also, if it was after TH left, how does she know he was considered a "chaperone" but wasn't one. He easily could have been someones father or another school staff.

Also, I didn't see -- what did she say about the man in her truck? TIA

Nothing at all.

how is it memorizing the list if she was told that Kyron was last seen near a man and that they had no men on the chaperon list? That's all the information she's conveyed. "He was last seen near a man with two girls. There were no men on the chaperon list." We don't know who else has said that to LE, and we don't know who it was that told Terri this information.

But she didn't say LE told her. She made it sound like she looked at that list herself and remembered every name, and not one name was male. That's just how it sounds to me. If LE had told her, or someone else had told her, she'd be quickly saying it was LE or someone else that said it to her. But instead, she is firmly saying that there were no males on that chaperone list. How can she know that if she didn't know that chaperone list by heart? I don't think she'd just make a guess and hope it's true. That would be crazy stupid on her part.

How could there be a chaperone who is not on the chaperone list? I can see there being an unidentified male, but why would she (or someone else who she says reported this) call him a chaperone if he wasn't on the list or identified as a known volunteer? Why wouldn't she just write that Kyron was seen with an unidentified man?

Plus, Kyron was not in the classroom when the children were divided into groups with chaperones:

"Kyron's step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, last saw him around 8:45 a.m. as he walked down the hallway. The last school official to see the boy put him in the classroom earlier that morning showing off his project. No school official saw him after that."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyro...0847733&page=2

But she didn't say LE told her. She made it sound like she look at that list herself and remembered every name, and not one name was male. That's just how it sounds to me. If LE had told her, or someone else had told her, she'd be quickly saying it was LE or someone else that said it to her. But instead, she is firmly saying that there were no males on the list. How can she know that if she didn't know that chaperone list by heart?

Well, I'm just not seeing that.

*shrug*

So it's chaotic and there's 300 people there, but she manages to remember the names of everyone on the chaperone list and remember that no one was male? Doesn't make sense to me.

Well, and unless she knows every parent in that school, any man could be a "mystery male." Also...dads are around less than moms are at daytime events. She easily may not have recognized a dad.

This seems like a red herring to me on TH's part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back