N.C. Teenager Kills Himself After Threatening Fellow High School Students at Gunpoint

I posted on another thread that Mayor Bloomberg said the majority of illegal guns used in crimes in NYC come from Virginia. To me that is a huge problem. We can't have strict laws in place in one state when someone can drive to the next couple of states and bypass these restrictions.

I wonder if there are statistics for gun related crimes per state, the only problem is the numbers get skewed based on who is doing the survey.

I wonder if there are statistics for gun related crimes per state, the only problem is the numbers get skewed based on who is doing the survey.

Buzz quoted some statistics the other day- for NYC something like 500 deaths a year..

Hey Narla

The gun issue is not an easy fix. NY has pretty tough gun laws, but that doesn't mean you don't hear about gun related crimes.
Who would be able to own a gun? Cops, hunters, homeowners etc.
If you go the route of evaluating... who will do the evaluation..... a shrink, the store owner?
The NRA is very strong in this country. People want the right to defend their own property. For me, guns just scare me. I've never even seen one up close.
We know nothing will change over night, but that doesn't mean that most Americans aren't concerned about the senseless acts of violence.
The question about tougher gun laws keeps on popping up, and will probably continue to pop up throughout the next election.
For right now, our country is in mourning .

Hey Csds

I know.
A monster was created and now it seems too hard and big a task to do anything about it- hopefully someone will come up with a solution-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back