Names

Toth said:
I've only said that I will refer to him as "Flippy Esso" and have asked others to do so for internal consistency and to avoid difficulties in exposing even dysfunctional creeps to publicity when they may be trying to turn their lives around.

I really don't know why there is all this much emphasis on his true identity, most posters know who Flippy Esso really is or atleast have sufficient information to find out fairly easily. The transcript excerpt, when posted on the Forum of Record, had asterisks inserted by the Forum Administrator.

I don't know who he is, and I don't see why dozens of other posters should have to plow through almost endless blind alley links to find out who he is when someone on this forum already knows.

JMO

:waitasec: Doesn't anyone but me wonder why the Ramseys had a dysfunctional criminal with an ankle monitor painting their home in the first place?

Toth said:
I've only said that I will refer to him as "Flippy Esso" and have asked others to do so for internal consistency and to avoid difficulties in exposing even dysfunctional creeps to publicity when they may be trying to turn their lives around.

I really don't know why there is all this much emphasis on his true identity, most posters know who Flippy Esso really is or atleast have sufficient information to find out fairly easily. The transcript excerpt, when posted on the Forum of Record, had asterisks inserted by the Forum Administrator.

The dichotomy you present is that, on the one hand, you want to violate the man's privacy by posting all that is known about him, things which, when assembled in one place, will lead to being able to identify him, and on the other hand you want to deemphasize his true identity because he may have turned his life around. You cannot have it both ways. Either you want to talk about him, or you do not. Which is it?

Toth said:
Such posters chose not to do that.
So what is this, a NON-information thread?
I guess we are to assume that this guy is a "sex offender" because nobody went to the courthouse to look him up...sounds like swamp logic.

BlueCrab said:
It's interesting that John Ramsey knew his name but Ollie Gray apparently hadn't heard of him.
Gray's response is classic! - You can just hear him thinking, "wait a minute, my job was to keep your arse out of jail, not investigate people."

Shylock said:
Gray's response is classic! - You can just hear him thinking, "wait a minute, my job was to keep your arse out of jail, not investigate people."
lol... kinda like investigator Ellis Armistead, who quit in June 2000:

"By that time, the case was being run out of Atlanta," Armistead said, referring to the Ramseys' current lawyer, L. Lin Wood. "The attorney there was telling the public that their investigators had 'startling new revelations,' and I knew that wasn't true.

"I felt it was misleading, and that's just not the way I would choose to conduct an investigation."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_912274,00.html

Shylock said:
So what is this, a NON-information thread?
Actually, it's a RED HERRING thread.

I guess we are to assume that this guy is a "sex offender" because nobody went to the courthouse to look him up...sounds like swamp logic.
Not to mention Classic Ramsey Strategy: Hey, lookie over there! Staging 101.

Toth said:
The posters who live in or near Boulder had their opportunities during the initial days of the Flippy Esso thread to trek down to the courthouse and provide clear, explicit, factual material on what he was accused of and what he was convicted of. Such posters chose not to do that.

So those of us who live no where near Boulder are going to be punished for what they chose not to do? IOW, you have the info but aren't going to to share it for that reason? This is turning out much like the Flippy Esso thread that is archived.

IMO

I'm not punishing anyone. Long ago, I posted about Flippy Esso and others posted the DK initials and the first name and spend alot of time obsessing about his identity when all they had to do was adopt the moniker "Flippy Esso" to discuss the case and rely on the few Colorado area posters to go to the courthouse and post the full information.

Remember, this started with a co-worker's accusation and the private detectives followed up on that. My understanding is that there was merely an accusation of activity with a girl who was technically under age but not a young child and that the ankle monitoring was for him to be admitted to bail pending resolution of the charges. I don't know if there ever was a conviction for this or not.

At the time of the painting, the Ramseys did not know the man was wearing an ankle bracelet.

My understanding is that Lin Wood questioned John Ramsey on his knowledge of the man and the ankle bracelet and that during that questioning Lin Wood asked specifically about the named individual which is probably why John Ramsey was familiar with the name.

This was a lead that was not turned up by the BPD at all. As were many: such as Thomas Aquinas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back