Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have a right to our opinions. I think all the reading we've been doing over the last couple of days has shown that this case is not as black & white as we thought.

Snipped from Jaydee0158:
"What makes no sense to me it that if things were as bad as NC wanted her friends and parents to believe, why stick around? She is an educated woman. She was intelligent by all indications. She has a father that is in the business to help in such cases. Why did she stay there? To get the BMW X5, $2100 a month in CS, $50,000 lump sum, alimony, and the residual of the 401K after all else was paid off? This strikes me as a bit odd. Maybe it wasn’t as bad as described. But regardless, NC apparently felt trapped in a marriage to someone she did not want to be married to. But was she trapped by him or by selfish desires?"

I certainly think it's possible that these allegations are partially if not completely true. And I've posted before that if a friend of mine had a wife that was using him for $ and driving them to the poorhouse, I would hate her and think she was horrible. Nancy could, in fact, be a horrible gold-digger who was trying to take BC for everything he was worth. Is that illegal? No. Is she on trial for that? No. If true, would BC have a reason to hate her? Yep. Could it be a powerful motivator for murder? Possibly.

I'm just saying that all of this stuff about NC being spendy and trying to take him to the cleaners, while it doesn't make NC smell like a rose, it really does bring to light a strong morivator for murder. (NOT saying she deserved to be killed IF the allegations are true--just that it would be a motivator.)

I have to admit I believed some of Brad's' rebuttal because it was all stuff that could be easily proven. However, whether Brad or nancy's friends are telling the truth is really not relevant to whether he killed her. Sure her friends make him out to be an absentee husband who may or may not have been a little controlling but none of that can prove murder.

If Brad is innocent then I would like him to answer the following questions, since he seems to have an answer for everything and many here suspect he is reading. Here are my questions:

1. Why have the LE publically stated that her murder is not random. Isn't he concerned that someone he knows killed his wife then? Wouldn't he be concerned for his own safety?

2. Why - in a neighbourhood where everyone seemed to know everyone and their business- did not one person see nancy jogging on a Saturday morning?

Thats all I've got which is why I'm wondering why everyone thinks he did it. My gut tells me he did it but the facts don't.:confused:

Saturday, April 26, 2008
Spanakopitakia
These have been altered to be Ms. N-friendly...she cannot digest any cow-based dairy products, but is fine with goat's milk.

Monday, August 14, 2006
A summer week of fun...

Sun. 8/13: We were going to have Ms. N. et famille over, but they canceled, so we did ribs for ourselves again. This time we tossed the broth, though, since I'll be out of town later on in the week.

I have to admit I believed some of Brad's' rebuttal because it was all stuff that could be easily proven. However, whether Brad or nancy's friends are telling the truth is really not relevant to whether he killed her. Sure her friends make him out to be an absentee husband who may or may not have been a little controlling but none of that can prove murder.

If Brad is innocent then I would like him to answer the following questions, since he seems to have an answer for everything and many here suspect he is reading. Here are my questions:

1. Why have the LE publically stated that her murder is not random. Isn't he concerned that someone he knows killed his wife then? Wouldn't he be concerned for his own safety?

2. Why - in a neighbourhood where everyone seemed to know everyone and their business- did not one person see nancy jogging on a Saturday morning?

Thats all I've got which is why I'm wondering why everyone thinks he did it. My gut tells me he did it but the facts don't.:confused:

wow! very good! jmo

I thought Brad's statements did read as to his motive for murder.
Motive is the biggie, means and opportunity he already had.
IMO

Sues, I agree that there is definitely cause for some suspicion... ie. huge motive! Then again, some things have been said over the past week that, IMO, raise the possibility of other POIs. Does anyone know with 100% certainty NC was not seeing someone (emotionally affair, maybe)? Impatient she would not just end the relationship with BC? Forensics on the PCs will tell that. What about a potential love interest of BC, IF he was have all those affairs alleged by neighbors. What $$$$ would be left for his "tart" (loved it when I read that by someone!) if NC got it all?

Again, I am waiting for the facts. In the meantime, I find some of the theories here very interesting.

On the heels of Crazy's good questions I too am concerned. I live in Cary. I'm a single woman, living alone.

The CPD said this is "an isolated incident and the community is not at risk to the best of their knowledge." To me that means it was someone close to or known by the victim.

If it's someone 'random,' then that is scary stuff indeed and it makes me very nervous. Do I believe the police on this? Should I assume they've got it wrong?

And if the husband didn't want her dead and didn't do the deed, then which friend or acquaintance might have done it?

And if it's none of the above then who is the murdering nutjob running around Cary?

On the heels of Crazy's good questions I too am concerned. I live in Cary. I'm a single woman, living alone.

The CPD said this is "an isolated incident and the community is not at risk to the best of their knowledge." To me that means it was someone close to or known by the victim.

If it's someone 'random,' then that is scary stuff indeed and it makes me very nervous. Do I believe the police on this? Should I assume they've got it wrong?

And if the husband didn't want her dead and didn't do the deed, then which friend or acquaintance might have done it?

And if it's none of the above then who is the murdering nutjob running around Cary?

Sues, I agree that there is definitely cause for some suspicion... ie. huge motive! Then again, some things have been said over the past week that, IMO, raise the possibility of other POIs. Does anyone know with 100% certainty NC was not seeing someone (emotionally affair, maybe)? Impatient she would not just end the relationship with BC? Forensics on the PCs will tell that. What about a potential love interest of BC, IF he was have all those affairs alleged by neighbors. What $$$$ would be left for his "tart" (loved it when I read that by someone!) if NC got it all?

Again, I am waiting for the facts. In the meantime, I find some of the theories here very interesting.

Jaydee, I am with you on withholding judgement until evidence is revealed. I am far from 100% certain that it was BC.

However, if I had to bet on it, my $ would be on BC as the murderer. Just statistically, given their apparent circumstances (money issues being undisputed), BC has a HUGE motive. It is a much bigger motive than a lover of NC would have. I mean, gosh, if his affidavit is true, then he would have every reason to really, really dislike her (not justification for murder, of course)! And it just is statistically less likely that a woman--a lover of BC-- would commit a murder of another woman(not impossible, just much, much less common).

Luckily I don't have to bet. And luckily a jury will have all of the evidence.

And to Sleuthygirl: I am with you. For my piece-of-mind, I want to know who committed this murder. A big part of me WANTS it to be BC so I won't be so nervous when I'm out jogging. Honestly, I am not the WSer type, and I joined to try to get some piece-of-mind that I *might* be safe around here.

ETA: I didn't mean anything bad by "WSer type". I just meant that I don't usually follow criminal cases very closely. :)

There's a guy over on the TWW (the wolf web) site that says she was the #1 customer in his store and that she never once came in there looking like she was on a budget.

Another guy said NC (also the #1 customer in his store) was supposed to come into their store around noon on that Saturday to buy some clothes she had on hold and they put them back on the rack at 4 pm figuring she didn't want them. Then they donated the white dresses to the family that the girls wore to the memorial service -- the same white dresses NC had put on hold for them. (Children's boutique with $150 dresses)

I do find the discrepancies between all the affidavits very interesting (& confusing!!!).

I'm not BC, but I will say that maybe he is concerned for his safety. We do not know for a fact that he is not. Re Q-2, don't know. Could it be that they partied late and slept in? Not advocating for him, by any means. Just questioning the very little that we actually do know at this point.

I am so sorry this happened in your area. I am really concerned with the state of things in general in this country and the lack of morals or value of life. I have been through the bad marriage thing with a gun-toting ex who's life ambition was to be on a PD. I am fortunate to have that behind me.

Oh shoot! i forgot ot say how many people were up on that sat morning to know if she went jogging? I bet no one at that party? JMO

Nancy was up by at least 6:40 am - why wouldn't other partiers be up ? Maybe they all went to the store :crazy:

I am so sorry this happened in your area. I am really concerned with the state of things in general in this country and the lack of morals or value of life. I have been through the bad marriage thing with a gun-toting ex who's life ambition was to be on a PD. I am fortunate to have that behind me.

Hopefully he didn't make it on a PD.

Always use caution, regardless. I am sorry this happened in your area. I am really concerned about the state of our world -- too much violence with no morals or regard for human life. I hope the CPD have a POI in their sights with some good hard evidence. It will be interesting to see if anything happens on Monday (GJ day).

Yikes ! Three times the same thought! That's what happens when one is distracted by a 7-year old naked jaybird running through the house! Gotta get a youngster to bed. Will catch up on all the reading later. Be safe, everyone!

Good thing I am neither a jogger nor an early morning riser! On the walks I go on I am always with my dog and we stay on well-traveled sidewalks right in the open, during daylight hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner