Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - the undisclosed location was issued the 25th which tends to make me think the 21st warrant revealed something and LE got the second warrant to follow up.

LE does not return a warrant the same day it is issued, nor do they return it once the search is done - instead they return it when the inventory taken is returned to LE and all items are logged and placed in evidence. Takes a few days.

I'm thinking the 21st warrant was searched shortly after - something cuaght LE's eye and they obtained the 25th warrant to check.

from what I am understanding the 21st warrant was not executed until the 29th but I could be wrong because as I said I am cautious of even what the media says.

Reabie - LE has to have probable cause to get a warrant. Warrants are not drawn to exclude anything only to search for something. Reasonable probable cause for a judge is a reason why LE thinks evidence of the crime will be found at the location listed. LeE's job is not to prove someone did not do something.

You are also assuming that the warrant for Cisco focuses on Brad.

from what I am understanding the 21st warrant was not executed until the 29th but I could be wrong because as I said I am cautious of even what the media says.

The way I interpret what was said - was Crump got copies of the returns on the 29th - I heard nothing in his report that indicated when the searches actually took place.

ETA - in the samplle warrant I posted - note the date the warrant was issued as 11/4/06 and the return of same warrant was 01/05/07

I must admit that I am still on the fence BUT it's looking more and more like Brad had something to do with NC's murder.

I had hoped for the kid's sake he hadn't

IIRC, in NC a SW must be executed within 48 hrs. of the time it's signed by the judge.

I can NOT imagine sitting within 4 walls, losing my spouse forever and my children being taken from me, no job to go to right away, and anywhere I go in public people will spot me. It has got to be a horrible feeling.

If he did it I know it will get worse before it gets better, especially waiting for the knock on the door and the silence he is experiencing.

If he didn't do it, what a horrible punishment he's received for being innocent.

I've had the same thought...what is he DOING all day with no job, no family. Of course, if he hasn't been telling the truth, I guess he's busy trying to remember what he said. When he repeats his story, people (ie. LE) will be looking for inconsistencies!

My mother always said, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said."

I am also wondering if they are looking at Heather's xhusband as an accomplice? Seems strange to me that he and brad remained friends and that was where he went with the children after they found nancy...or maybe even a POI?

Reabie - LE has to have probable cause to get a warrant. Warrants are not drawn to exclude anything only to search for something. Reasonable probable cause for a judge is a reason why LE thinks evidence of the crime will be found at the location listed. LeE's job is not to prove someone did not do something.

Speaking of probable cause ---on this board stats being that 92% of murders are committed by spouse, SO, etc that seems to be probable cause enough to hang someone from the highest tree. I am just wondering with LE is the 92% stat factor ALONE enough probable cause for a search warrant. This is a serious question. I hope the answer is no, and common sense tells me it should be no, but I am just wondering. I hope I have explained this so you can understand my question.

I would assume he has incoming emails.

I would assume so as well - but Brad is cooperating so they say - he could have handed those emails over himself if they had anything to do with the murder. Wouldn't need a warrant for that -

Speaking of probable cause ---on this board stats being that 92% of murders are committed by spouse, SO, etc that seems to be probable cause enough to hang someone from the highest tree. I am just wondering with LE is the 92% stat factor probable cause for a search warrant. This is a serious question. I hope the answer is no, and common sense tells me it should be no, but I am just wondering. I hope I have explained this so you can understand my question.

No judge would accept that as probable cause and issue a warrant. There has to be some specificity. Getting a warrant for a search of a company which probably has proprietary systems would take a really strong probable cause.

I would assume so as well - but Brad is cooperating so they say - he could have handed those emails over himself if they had anything to do with the murder. Wouldn't need a warrant for that -

You say it was Brad's office. Do we know the warrant specified what cube/equipment was included? Or could it also be directed at his office mates/good friends?

You say it was Brad's office. Do we know the warrant specified what cube/equipment was included? Or could it also be directed at his office mates/good friends?

doesn't Scott Whatshisname work there? You know, Heather's ex.:waitasec:

You might want to watch the video - yes the sealing order identifed a specific office which was confirmed to be Brad's office.

Let me correct this - the reporter says he confirmed it as Brad's office - don't know what else to say about that.

Hi, Raisincharlie!

I sure would love to know more about the 'mystery' warrant.

Something to do with HM? Cell phone records? HT's? Any thoughts?

hmmm never thought about the cell phone records...I just assumed they would have gotten that on the first go round....

Hi, Raisincharlie!

I sure would love to know more about the 'mystery' warrant.

Something to do with HM? Cell phone records? HT's? Any thoughts?

Me too but it aint gonna happen ! I really have no idea at all but just a gut feeling is it was somewhere and someone we know nothing of of - again just a gut feeling.

Glad you are here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member