Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
KTaylorsc
What if it were some random sicko who gets his jollies off on hurting women. She didn't have any money on her that we know of, no car, no cell phone. That's the only reason someone would hurt her.

Not the only reason, there's rape, she fought back and was killed as a result or the person didn't want to be identified by his victim. Someone out for a thrill kill or a gang member carrying out a killing as an initiation.

Other than her husband as a suspect, I'd say the first, not the second.

And like I mentioned earlier, w/ most grocery loyalty cards, you are linked by your phone number. Therefore, someone really could get their purchases linked to your account IF they knew your phone number. Not saying that's what happened in this case, I'm just saying that it is plausible that there could be purchases on an account that the cardholder did not make.

Wow. I really don't like the whole big brother thing at all. What if when you sign up, you give a fake phone number? Fake address? Then you just get the discounts without the coupons.....

Wow. I really don't like the whole big brother thing at all. What if when you sign up, you give a fake phone number? Fake address? Then you just get the discounts without the coupons.....

Big brother is everywhere. Think about it. When you go to Target to return something and oops, you don't have the receipt. You can give them your credit or debit card and they find that purchase for you.

Or, at certain stores that share info on returns, if you are a chronic returner, they can deny your return.

Can we take on the possibility that someone else killed Nancy?

What if it were some random sicko who gets his jollies off on hurting women. She didn't have any money on her that we know of, no car, no cell phone. That's the only reason someone would hurt her.

Any ideas on how a sicko could stage the scene where the body was found to make investigators believe it's not a random act?
I seem to remember at one of the press conferences that the chief said it was safe for people to go outside - don't remember her exact words.

Any ideas on how a sicko could stage the scene where the body was found to make investigators believe it's not a random act?
I seem to remember at one of the press conferences that the chief said it was safe for people to go outside - don't remember her exact words.

SB, Did LE say not a random act or isolated incident? I honestly can't remember, and I could go back and search, but if someone knows and can site it that would be great.

The reason I ask is I believe they are different. Not random may mean she likely knows her killer. Isolated may mean there has only been this one incident. Maybe I'm mincing words....what do you guys think?

And if it was "not random" my question is HOW could they tell so quickly?

The cops believe the murder was an isolated incident. How do they know this ? Because they believe the victim knew her killer. That is another reason why they classed this homicide as 'non-random'.

The cops have a dilemma. They don't want to name a POI or a suspect for many reasons, including the fact the terms are inflammatory and can impead his chance at a fair trial. On the other hand, they don't want the public alarmed that there is a mad killer on the loose that snatches female runners off the road and kills them.

The cops believe the murder was an isolated incident. How do they know this ? Because they believe the victim knew her killer. That is another reason why they classed this homicide as 'non-random'.

The cops have a dilemma. They don't want to name a POI or a suspect for many reasons, including the fact the terms are inflammatory and can impead his chance at a fair trial. On the other hand, they don't want the public alarmed that there is a mad killer on the loose that snatches female runners off the road and kills them.

Thanks, JTF. I did a google search after my last post and it was very easy to see that LE had said "not random" as well as "isolated." Shoulda done that before asking--I'll blame it on the fact that I'm sick and running a fever :(

So, just wondering, do you guys think it was classified that way because of NC's body (condition, site, etc) or some other factors?

SB, Did LE say not a random act or isolated incident? I honestly can't remember, and I could go back and search, but if someone knows and can site it that would be great.

The reason I ask is I believe they are different. Not random may mean she likely knows her killer. Isolated may mean there has only been this one incident. Maybe I'm mincing words....what do you guys think?

And if it was "not random" my question is HOW could they tell so quickly?

I went back and listened to the video (the first one after identifying Nancy's body) and the Chief calls it both an "isolated incident" and a "random act". She stresses they have nothing to indicate it was anything but an isolated incident.

Discussed on an earlier thread, but worth mentioning again.

The location where the body was found is outside of Cary city limits.
The Cooper residence is inside of Cary city limits.

Since the Cary Police are leading the investigation, it's easy to guess where the investigators think the crime scene is.

then what the heck are they waiting for? If they have evidence that BC is the killer why haven't they arrested him yet?

not being rude I just wanna know why in the heck they would wait if they have the evidence?

I went back and listened to the video (the first one after identifying Nancy's body) and the Chief calls it both an "isolated incident" and a "random act". She stresses they have nothing to indicate it was anything but an isolated incident.

I went back and listened also, just now. I believe she said "isolated" and 'NOT random."

another question...if Brad didn't kill Nancy would they have taken all those bags and boxes of evidence out of the house. If he was innocent wouldn't they have had nothing to look at?

could be...maybe he slept with the wrong person's wife.

they would kill him not her. nancy would have been in the same boat as the scorned spouse.

what about the scenario of a driver who accidentally hit and killed nancy while she was jogging. the driver panicked and dumped her body in the subdivision.

i would be more willing to accept other scenarios about what happened
if it weren't for brad's own behavior, affidavits from her friends, and brad's own affidavits.

to me, his affidavits provided a chilling glimpse into his relationship with his wife. he provided a motive with his own words.

I'm not LE, but my guess is a seasoned detective may be able to make an intelligent observation on IF the body was attacked there or 'dumped' there. Most likely by 'foot prints' surrounding the body or leaving the scene and how the body was lying there. The positioning. ie, reference to a crime, it's called 'staging.'

Another way they may be able to make a fairly accurate observation, would be to look at the 'bottom' of the victim's shoes. Is there evidence the victim had been jogging in the surrounding area?

Last, but not least, to estimate the 'timing' of when death occurred, stomach contents and the degree it was digested.

IMO, these are the types of things overlooked by someone hastily ridding themselves of the body. PLUS, like I've said before, there's no courses to take on murder.

As one poster said during one of our cases, (highly experienced in law, I might add), the most difficult part of a murder, is disposing of the body. It's like the elephant in the middle of the room.

JMHO
fran

another question...if Brad didn't kill Nancy would they have taken all those bags and boxes of evidence out of the house. If he was innocent wouldn't they have had nothing to look at?

in the news reports, LE referred to the cooper house as a possible
crime scene.

then what the heck are they waiting for? If they have evidence that BC is the killer why haven't they arrested him yet?

not being rude I just wanna know why in the heck they would wait if they have the evidence?
once they make an arrest, the clock starts clicking in terms of a speedy trial.

Not being rude, but it has been posted via an article that the SBI lab turn around time is 60 days. Were LE to arrest someone before they have all the lab results , would you agree that is indeed foolish ? Right now LE may indeed believe they know who and how but they are going to continue the investigation until the holes are filled in - this would include lab results and th efinal autopsy results.

Second LE will arrest when the DA is satisfied that there is sufficeint evidence to prove the case in court and after it has gone to the GJ for an indictment. LE is not prone to making a rapid arrest unless there is very little doubt that the person they suspect could be an immediate danger to the public, i.e. Lovette and Atwater are good examples.

Were LE to vary from this, it leaves the door for PC attorneys to have their screaming publicity fits.

allright allright allright...I've said it before but this time I really mean it...I'm going back to just reading and not posting...at least until I have a better understanding of how LE works...

allright allright allright...I've said it before but this time I really mean it...I'm going back to just reading and not posting...at least until I have a better understanding of how LE works...

Don't do that - the best way to learn is to experience. First with these cases you must learn patience and forget about tv shows.

In time you will pick up the way things go and what the double speak actually means - stay with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24