Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I love when we have local people who can say that because of the geography, street patterns , distances that are not evident on maps, that such and such is NOT possible. I like it when they're out and about that they notice things and report back to us !!!

I like it when locals have met some of the people who are the fringe players in the situation. There are posters who have helped greatly in a case. There have been several cases where members of the DA's office have read the boards and information has become useful. Sometimes just looking at something with a different eye, suggesting different possibilities strikes a chord with an investigator. It has happened !!!!!

Statements from your post:

1NC talked back to him in front of others at the party.........2Did this set him off? 3Did he sit and stew over this and wait for her to come home?

4In his eyes this would be embarrassing and belittling.

see - the way I've numbered the items. #2 & #3 actually make PERFECTLY good sense. They really do. it is entirely possible. But you also said #1 & 4:

she talked back to him
in his eyes it WOULD BE

no way from what we have to say either was the case.

This is becoming OBVIOUS you want to tear into me and my comments, because you certainly haven't quoted anyone else.

#1 is in DD's affidavit....remember the party was at DD home? She did talk back to him and told him to 'pay attention to the signals.'. Hmmm, it seems to me that is not the response of a happily married couple.

If they were in the HATE mode I would say this was talking back to BC!

#4...if I made this remark in front of others, while we were in the HATE mode, some if not all the guests know my marriage is over...it certainly would be embarrassing to BC. IMO

I am entitled to my opinion, and that is mine.

I thought WS was a think tank of sorts. A place to knock around possibilities in an effort to mete out an eventual conclusion, no? Since this isn't a court of law I personally don't see a problem with individual theories and hypothetical scenarios.

Why so defensive 2D1D? Is this personal for you on some level? Because I think members here are not trying to be disrespectful. They're just trying to understand a terrible crime and leaning in a statistically likely direction.

I've said before and will say again. I never met either of them and have probably never met any of the characters involved. The only connection I have is that I graduated from NC State 20 years ago.

The statistically likely direction is that he killed her, whether with his own hands or paying someone to do so.

That's ever been disputed?

And I love when we have local people who can say that because of the geography, street patterns , distances that are not evident on maps, that such and such is NOT possible. I like it when they're out and about that they notice things and report back to us !!!

I like it when locals have met some of the people who are the fringe players in the situation. There are posters who have helped greatly in a case. There have been several cases where members of the DA's office have read the boards and information has become useful. Sometimes just looking at something with a different eye, suggesting different possibilities strikes a chord with an investigator. It has happened !!!!!

absolutely!

But several of the high postcount folks have said, for example:

"No way she would have jogged over there"

"there" can be the body location
"there" can be the gym

When in fact, it is quite, quite possible she could/would have jogged there.

I'm also not the only one that points out that a large part of the "her friends affidavits" is hearsay "Nancy told me" - yet many many posters here take them - and what they say about the Coopers' relationship, as FACT.

This is becoming OBVIOUS you want to tear into me and my comments, because you certainly haven't quoted anyone else.

ORLY? look around.

btw - my wife, as the primary care giver/stay at home mom who sees the signals of my 2 Daughters - often had to help me learn those signals. Even though I do spend lots of time with my 2 Daughters.

Sometimes my 3 yo grabs her crotch. Sometimes it's because she needs to go to the bathroom. Sometimes its because her underpants are scrunched up. Sometimes she's just putting her hands down there.

absolutely!

"there" can be the gym

I'm also not the only one that points out that a large part of the "her friends affidavits" is hearsay "Nancy told me" - yet many many posters here take them - and what they say about the Coopers' relationship, as FACT.

I agree. I do think that most of the posters are clear that they are speculating, while a few state things as fact that are not.

I also think that a couple of very active posters (on both sides) can only see the case through the tainted lens of their own experiences. I think that is irrational and don't agree with it at all.

That said; just let it go. The gossip on this board does not have an effect on the legal case. I like to read this board because of some of the actual facts that do come through (that would take a long time for me to find myself from different news sources), but I'm careful about what I believe as fact. You are right that the majority is hearsay. Just ignore that stuff.

absolutely!

"there" can be the gym

So what's your point ??? Because you don't know what 'there' is being discussed ? or that you feel that it is possible Nancy would/ could have jogged over there ? You feel you are more accurate because perhaps you live in the area ?

Are you a jogger ? have you trained for half marathons ? Do you have some further insight to how a training schedule would be ?

I just feel like a lot of anger is coming from you and I have a feeling it is about something specific.

I've said before and will say again. I never met either of them and have probably never met any of the characters involved. The only connection I have is that I graduated from NC State 20 years ago.

The statistically likely direction is that he killed her, whether with his own hands or paying someone to do so.

That's ever been disputed?

Go thru the hundreds of posts and you will see it has been discussed. Do your homework before you come on here and begin pointing the finger to certain ones of us on here.

Being so adamant and defensive as you have been with this entrance today gives me a red flag about you. Do you think I believe you now because you say you never met the Coopers? No, but that is my perogative.

For me it is, '1st impression is lasting impression.'

Never met BC? LOL. I know someone who did, not too long ago :silenced:, and yes since NC went missing.

I believe he said he didn't know her EXACT address, but went to the subdivision/community ( a townhouse as I recall). If he knew what her car looked like, presumably it would have been parked in front of her unit.

It was a wild goose chase, a red herring whatever you want to call it...there could have been hundreds of townhomes in that subdivision. And many townhomes have garages, in that case he would've really been out SOS.
Are you kidding me?

Where's the disconnect between whether he gave her money or not?

I just find it incredibly hard to believe that she had zero money and had to essentially beg others to feed her and her kids and if so many folks saw and really believed it, they would basically stand by and let that type of behavior go unchallenged.

As to "so BC could get his hands on it" - any affidavit claim he rifled through her pruse and emptied her wallet all the time?

She was a stay at home mom whose husband had his nme only on the bank accounts. How was she supposed to get money other than him? This is according to his and her friends affadavits. He claimed he took control of her spending habits.
You may find it incredibly hard to believe because you don't personally live it...you need to check out the stories of abused/controlled women, you will find that money control is a pattern in these cases.

see red comments

Go thru the hundreds of posts and you will see it has been discussed. What is "it"

Do your homework before you come on here and begin pointing the finger to certain ones of us on here. What homework?

Being so adamant and defensive as you have been with this entrance today gives me a red flag about you. No, I've been here a week or so. I just finally am at a work position this morning that requires me NOT to work at my leisure and oddly encourages me to just surf the internet today. And so, rather than just pick up say 1 page back, I went to the last time I was on briefly yesterday.
Do you think I believe you now because you say you never met the Coopers? No, but that is my perogative. Believe me for what? That I don't know any of the folks involved? Actually, I do know Alice Stubbs. Mea culpa.

For me it is, '1st impression is lasting impression.'

Never met BC? LOL. I know someone who did, not too long ago :silenced:, and yes since NC went missing. I wish I understood what you mean here.

It was a wild goose chase, a red herring whatever you want to call it...there could have been hundreds of townhomes in that subdivision. And many townhomes have garages, in that case he would've really been out SOS.
Are you kidding me?

this is an excellent point actually. See, I need to go looking for Carrie's (sp) full name. Then I can go to the tax records and I can look up her townhouse, and I can actually report to you how outlandish his claim was or wasn't.

Fair enough?

Anybody want to help me real quick with her name?

momto3kids

Any more dialogue is not worth the trouble. Thanks for all the little trips youj've made and for your observant eyes,

ORLY? look around.

btw - my wife, as the primary care giver/stay at home mom who sees the signals of my 2 Daughters - often had to help me learn those signals. Even though I do spend lots of time with my 2 Daughters.

Sometimes my 3 yo grabs her crotch. Sometimes it's because she needs to go to the bathroom. Sometimes its because her underpants are scrunched up. Sometimes she's just putting her hands down there.

Whoa....just simmer down.

this is an excellent point actually. See, I need to go looking for Carrie's (sp) full name. Then I can go to the tax records and I can look up her townhouse, and I can actually report to you how outlandish his claim was or wasn't.

Fair enough?

Anybody want to help me real quick with her name?

I *think* Carey Clarke. I might be spelling the first name wrong, though.

Oops. It's "Carrie" according to JA affidavit.

no, you have spelling right per the WRAL link from 2 days ago in the "Media Links" thread.

unfortunately, can't find her address per method I described above. Has her address been revealed anywhere? I can look it up then and see how his story jibes.

This, like most of the other speculation that has been posted here about Cisco, is incorrect -- laughably so. Brad's job at Cisco does not involve "scoring" any contracts.

Thank you. Agree 100%.

Cisco pays bonuses as part of it's compensation package. The amounts vary, but from what I know - it's 1/2 of the "base" amount at their mid year (around February) and then the remainder in September. The remainder is determined by employee performance, as well as company performance metrics.

The base amount varies by your 'level'.

Stock options are also part of their compensation package.

Now - here's a theory for you:
Maybe he killed her because he knew his year end bonus WAS going to be huge - and payable in September? Not $285K huge, but whatever.

I don't believe what I just typed, but at least it's based on what I know, through personal experience, to be true of Cisco's compensation plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuppie143