Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, of course you're right about that. She could have run down Holly Springs, she could have run way back in that subdivision, she could have done it all the way Brad says. But, the majority here do not think so. Can we say for sure? Of course not. Call it intuition, deduction, whatever, it just doesn't fit at this time.

It is good, though, to have someone like you bring different thought processes to the mix.

I have been following along here since her death; I have not heard anyone say ALL men are controlling abusers. But, you've got to admit there are many more public stories along those lines than there are about women being controllers. It's just that, even with lots of women in the workplace now, generally, men still have the upper hand in financial matters. Its still part of our culture. And, as you know, money can be a powerful thing...

IMO only

Oh I agree most cases are women... but again most men who go through what I went through don't vocalize their story because we are men and well to other men we would come across as whiny and most women either wouldn't believe us or just flip it to more women are abused. I agree most cases that are reported ...we talking about abuse here... are the women reporting the abuse. But can you at least see where I come from and why men wouldn't really report it? The stereo types come into play. Men are "supposed to be" strong...how could they ever be abused... Men suffer from pride...and admitting the things I have means admitting I am not as strong as the stereo typical man.

I agree on the wife murders too that most usually are the significant others... but not always. I guess I am one of those that always roots for the underdog... and right now those underdogs are those poor girls... and I really hope that he did not do it...for their sake. No matter how you look at it they lose.

:floorlaugh: KT..you sure were fast on that one.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh after this morning.

*LOL* any time.

seriously though...did you buy bleach, detergent or detergent with bleach?

again J/K

I don't think this argument is relevant to the case at all. LE clearly has reason to believe the murder did not occur at that location, but rather was a dump site. If LE thought the murder occurred there, Wake Cnty LE would be handling the case.
Also, I wanted to add that while I think most people would not choose to run on a road like that when there are trails nearby, just last week I ran on Aviation Parkway in an area with no shoulder and no sidewalk b/c I was running to another location with trails. So runners DO sometimes run in areas like that, even when trails are nearby. Not saying she did, just saying it wouldn't be out of the question.

My bolding as I am curious about this statement – could you flesh out this thought a little more?

NC disappeared from Cary and the original 911 call came from their jurisdiction so maybe that is why they are handling it? Would the city have more resources than the county for investigating this?

I wasn’t up on that there was an additional or original crime scene publicly noted.

I mean it makes sense that she was placed there but even if one is a BC did it theorist he could have let her take off happily on her run and then followed her and committed what ever the cause of death was away from home. I guess I feel like that might fit his alleged passive aggressive nature.

I do realize that it is most possible she never made it through the night at her home.

IMO

d99gr81 said:
who is to say she didn't jog that way to see how the new houses were coming alone? I would.

Well, of course you're right about that. She could have run down Holly Springs, she could have run way back in that subdivision, she could have done it all the way Brad says. But, the majority here do not think so.

Indeed, it's not the frontrunner, though very few scenarios have/can be categorically eliminated (according to our informal 'straw poll' of the opinions of the group) based on current knowns.

Running back on her own and getting attacked, etc would fall under Theory C (Random Crime), as outlined in the Theories thread here.

Here's the latest results from the poll:
A: BC did it (or arranged it): 78.2% chance
B: Person known to NC other than BC did it: 11.8% chance
C: Random crime: 9.75% chance
D: She's Alive & In A Witness Protection Program: 0.25% chance

Feel free to post (or send me PM) with additional votes to weigh-in on the above. Will be interesting to see how the numbers change, as more things become known.

NC disappeared from Cary and the original 911 call came from their jurisdiction so maybe that is why they are handling it? Would the city have more resources than the county for investigating this?

I agree, it doesn't seem 100% conclusive that LE believes the crime occurred in Cary just because Cary police are "prime" on the investigation.

I don't think LE has ever stated this explicitly or anything (ie, Cary is running the show because of where we believe the crime occurred).

It does seem somewhat implied (based on the rules of who has jurisdiction), but it does seem there could be other logical explanations: resources, as you mentioned, also the mere fact that Cary was already "engaged" with the family/etc - why do a hand off unless it was critical. The Wake County sheriff indicated that they would continue to work "together", so it's perhaps some what of a partnership (and maybe that's typical) anyway.

Bottom line, I still think it's an "unknown" at this point where LE believes the crime occurred (unknown to us anyway - perhaps (and let's hope) not unknown to LE).

*LOL* any time.

seriously though...did you buy bleach, detergent or detergent with bleach?

again J/K

If you really must know.
I use plain detergent for darks and detergent/bleach on lights and whites.

I made my daughter run for it since she used so much of it this week..so there is no telling what she brings home to me. :D My bet is det w/bleach.
I'll be certain to let you know when she comes in. LOL

Before Mr. RUDE intruded this morning and attacked me.... I had just researched about the paintings.

It looks like all the paintings had some hefty price tags. The ones BC was keeping in the settlement were no different. If NC was into paintings I would have thought she would have wanted to keep them all, but this wasn't the case.

Not knowing exactly which painting it was by the artist they listed it is hard to put an exact price on each one.

One artist BC had listed had a painting going up to $11,975.

Oh I agree most cases are women... but again most men who go through what I went through don't vocalize their story because we are men and well to other men we would come across as whiny and most women either wouldn't believe us or just flip it to more women are abused. I agree most cases that are reported ...we talking about abuse here... are the women reporting the abuse. But can you at least see where I come from and why men wouldn't really report it? The stereo types come into play. Men are "supposed to be" strong...how could they ever be abused... Men suffer from pride...and admitting the things I have means admitting I am not as strong as the stereo typical man.

I agree on the wife murders too that most usually are the significant others... but not always. I guess I am one of those that always roots for the underdog... and right now those underdogs are those poor girls... and I really hope that he did not do it...for their sake. No matter how you look at it they lose.

I understand everything you're saying and do see where you're coming from. Stereotypes do come into play and we've all been told not to stereotype, but we do it anyway cause sometimes it works. I've certainly been on the receiving end of stereotyping enough to understand a person can get to be rather testy about it all.

I hope he did not do it either...

If you really must know.
I use plain detergent for darks and detergent/bleach on lights and whites.

I made my daughter run for it since she used so much of it this week..so there is no telling what she brings home to me. :D My bet is det w/bleach.
I'll be certain to let you know when she comes in. LOL

Before Mr. RUDE intruded this morning and attacked me.... I had just researched about the paintings.

It looks like all the paintings had some hefty price tags. The ones BC was keeping in the settlement were no different. If NC was into paintings I would have thought she would have wanted to keep them all, but this wasn't the case.

Not knowing exactly which painting it was by the artist they listed it is hard to put an exact price on each one.

One artist BC had listed had a painting going up to $11,975.

I'm sorry I was just kidding. Didn't mean to come across as picking on you. :blushing:

WOW that's alot of money for a painting. I think they both had expensive tastes.

I agree, it doesn't seem 100% conclusive that LE believes the crime occurred in Cary just because Cary police are "prime" on the investigation.

I don't think LE has ever stated this explicitly or anything (ie, Cary is running the show because of where we believe the crime occurred).

It does seem somewhat implied (based on the rules of who has jurisdiction), but it does seem there could be other logical explanations: resources, as you mentioned, also the mere fact that Cary was already "engaged" with the family/etc - why do a hand off unless it was critical. The Wake County sheriff indicated that they would continue to work "together", so it's perhaps some what of a partnership (and maybe that's typical) anyway.

Bottom line, I still think it's an "unknown" at this point where LE believes the crime occurred (unknown to us anyway - perhaps (and let's hope) not unknown to LE).

You and Jade are right. My previous statement probably was not 100% accurate. Here's the back history I was basing my statement on:

1. Nancy reported missing
2. Body found
3. Prior to identification of body, LE announced if the body is NC, then Cary PD will perform investigation. If body not NC, then WC PD preforms investigation.
4. Body identified as NC
5. Cary PD takes over
6. Site where body found rapidly released (tape removed)

I interpreted the combination of Cary PD taking over the case and the quick release of the site where the body was found to mean that LE thought the murder occurred in Cary (not that it necessarily did, but that LE thought so). But maybe there is some rule that the PD from where the body was last seen takes over? Does anybody know what the law is?

I think it's starting to cool off a little in here....I feeling a breath of fresh air.

But maybe there is some rule that the PD from where the body was last seen takes over? Does anybody know what the law is?

Those are good points, and I think based on them, it's reasonable to suspect that LE believes the dump site was not the crime scene. [ Though, IIRC, they were there for a number of hours, right? ]

Still though, you would think if they thought the neighborhood was the crime scene, there would have been a more immediate canvassing of that neighborhood, querying to see if anyone saw anything, etc. That didn't happen until a couple weeks later (passing out the flyers there), and even that was after another round of flyer-passing in Lochmere.

It seems more likely that LE believes the dump site to NOT be the crime scene, though I don't think we can 100% conclude that, based on what we know.

As for the law, I don't know for sure, but I gather the general rule is that the LE who has jurisdiction at the site where the crime occurred is prime. If it isn't clear exactly where the crime occurred, then the rule may very well be case-by-case "the prime is to be determined by all LE agencies involved". In this case, it made more sense for Cary PE to continue, as they were already engaged, and then to partner with WCSO as necesary.

I'd doubt the law ties to where last seen, but yeah, maybe that's a factor too.

Those are good points, and I think based on them, it's reasonable to suspect that LE believes the dump site was not the crime scene. [ Though, IIRC, they were there for a number of hours, right? ]

Still though, you would think if they thought the neighborhood was the crime scene, there would have been a more immediate canvassing of that neighborhood, querying to see if anyone saw anything, etc. That didn't happen until a couple weeks later (passing out the flyers there), and even that was after another round of flyer-passing in Lochmere.

It seems more likely that LE believes the dump site to NOT be the crime scene, though I don't think we can 100% conclude that, based on what we know.

As for the law, I don't know for sure, but I gather the general rule is that the LE who has jurisdiction at the site where the crime occurred is prime. If it isn't clear exactly where the crime occurred, then the rule may very well be case-by-case "the prime is to be determined by all LE agencies involved". In this case, it made more sense for Cary PE to continue, as they were already engaged, and then to partner with WCSO as necesary.

I'd doubt the law ties to where last seen, but yeah, maybe that's a factor too.

I believe that Sheriff Harrison stated that if it was Nancy, then Cary would take over b/c they had the open case. I've posted the link on several occasions. I do believe that they were out there for numerous hours collecting evidence as well. I understand it could be seriously degraded as it rained on the day her body was discovered.

I believe that Sheriff Harrison stated that if it was Nancy, then Cary would take over b/c they had the open case. I've posted the link on several occasions. I do believe that they were out there for numerous hours collecting evidence as well. I understand it could be seriously degraded as it rained on the day her body was discovered.

Thanks - makes sense. So bottom line, it's unclear (to us) where LE believes the crime occurred at this point [ Though we may have our guesses, it cannot be derived completely from the fact that Cary continues to prime the investigation, and nor from the short time at the discovery site ]

My only point is that I don't believe everything I read.

I also don't believe that he received $285k as a bonus in 2007 when their finances were spelled out the way they were in the separation agreement. As I said before - to have that kind of coin just "disappear" would mean a drug or gambling habit -and with all the trash thrown out - THAT would have surely appeared.

Cisco also is not a calendar year company - their 2008 just ended.

I can't see that kind of bonus for someone NOT in sales - i.e. commissionable position. Brad was not the type of person to be in sales. Technical high end support for sales and help in landing the account, sure, but someone that gets that kind of bonus wouldn't have a base that high.

Similarly, there would not be money troubles with that kind of $$$ earned the year prior. Their debts are not that huge - mortgage not that large, only one car payment, etc. But - I can see where the lifestyle would be hard to support easily on $160K.

I never said that Cisco didn't have contracts - that would be a doofus statement.

There are lots of parts to Cisco - but based on the several folks I know pretty well, I think that compensation is, well, reserved for a VP level. Maybe he got that in stock options that vest over 5 years - I might could see that.

Perhaps you are right. Just nothing in my experience would have that make sense, nor would the current economic condition of the Coopers - even at a 40% tax rate, there would have been $267K in CASHOLA in CY 2007. WHERE DID IT GO???????? Did NC have over 1000 pairs of the jeans?

I think that it's quite possible that rumors grow and spawn things that get taken as fact - esp when it comes to things like peoples salary and bonuses. BC may have also been the type of person to exaggerate his salary / standing in order to look good in front of his peers.

OR could it be that they have been issued NEW RED PLATES (since the last time taxes were paid) and those aren't on the car yet? I received my new red plates in the mail and it was up to me to put the new tag on the car and turn in the old blue one. IF it was converted to a lease, it wouldn't be on his record (I checked our lease).

What did you do with the other red plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname