Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever seen a license tag not attached on 1 end? Could any bolt be used to put one back up in place or are they specific bolts to use?

Mom,

I am a bit confused about not being attached on one end. There are 4 holes, one in each corner. Some cars only have the upper 2 holes in the body, some have all 4. They are made to attach the plate, and usually have an insert of some kind, plastic in most cases.

You can attach all 4 with bolts, or only the upper 2, I do not think just attaching the lower 2 would be common. You can use any properly sized and correct length screw to hold it in place. If the screw is too long, it will not be tight enough and will rattle. The insert will usually not allow the screw to be driven deeper than the bottom of the insert.

On the issue of the stickers. There SHOULD be stickers in each upper corner of the plate. One should be the month in which the tag expires, and the other the year of the next expiration. This is simple, but I have seen many folk who just don't get it! They stick them in the incorrect order, or next to each other, or at the bottom of the plate. I would not think it wise to not put any stickers on at all, unless you LIKE speaking to the nice policeman about your ineptitude. One you put those suckers on, it is nearly impossible to get them off again. They REALLY stick. We just got a new plate this year for my wife's 1994 car. This is to replace the plate we have had since we bought the car new, and the stickers had built into quite a pile. I tried to remove some of them a few years ago, and I had to use a razor to scrape them off.

We have never leased a car, although I do have a company car, it still has to be tagged in North Carolina, and it does not show up in my name, but the registration does have my address on it.

CyberPro

I have been on city-data which is mostly locals posting and they were tearing each other apart as of 2 weeks ago. It was so bad I did not go back to check it out. That is one site that has many who know either NC or BC, buy association, work, shopping, jogging, etc. It was heavily tipped towards BC did it.

As I have noted I was on the fence until the 6th. I went 99.9% after that date.

Have you tried the golo board?
There is some arguing, but the board is more evenly split.
That is where you will find the ones posting about Jessica if you go back far enough. I don't even agree with there complete theory at all, but I do question a few things and her haste in the 911 call is one of them. Perhaps that is not unusual in her group of friends, her neighborhood, but in mine it would be unheard of.

That is where you will find the ones posting about Jessica if you go back far enough. I don't even agree with there complete theory at all, but I do question a few things and her haste in the 911 call is one of them. Perhaps that is not unusual in her group of friends, her neighborhood, but in mine it would be unheard of.

She is a major key player IMO. Just what she knew, only time will tell.
I would not want to be in her shoes when this breaks open. Her statement was bold and she will be put on the stand and drilled why she said it.

From the outside, like me, the neighborhood seems to be in the mindset of knowing everything about everyone (Sorry Caryites). It may be magnified because many also seem to be into running - not jogging - but serious running. I think maybe Jessica was a bit more involved and intune with Nancy because of the serious training and the regimen required to prepare for the half marathons they were both planning to take part in.

Mom,

I am a bit confused about not being attached on one end. There are 4 holes, one in each corner. Some cars only have the upper 2 holes in the body, some have all 4. They are made to attach the plate, and usually have an insert of some kind, plastic in most cases.

You can attach all 4 with bolts, or only the upper 2, I do not think just attaching the lower 2 would be common. You can use any properly sized and correct length screw to hold it in place. If the screw is too long, it will not be tight enough and will rattle. The insert will usually not allow the screw to be driven deeper than the bottom of the insert.

On the issue of the stickers. There SHOULD be stickers in each upper corner of the plate. One should be the month in which the tag expires, and the other the year of the next expiration. This is simple, but I have seen many folk who just don't get it! They stick them in the incorrect order, or next to each other, or at the bottom of the plate. I would not think it wise to not put any stickers on at all, unless you LIKE speaking to the nice policeman about your ineptitude. One you put those suckers on, it is nearly impossible to get them off again. They REALLY stick. We just got a new plate this year for my wife's 1994 car. This is to replace the plate we have had since we bought the car new, and the stickers had built into quite a pile. I tried to remove some of them a few years ago, and I had to use a razor to scrape them off.

We have never leased a car, although I do have a company car, it still has to be tagged in North Carolina, and it does not show up in my name, but the registration does have my address on it.

CyberPro

I totally missed your post just now...I will explain in a second what it looked like

She is a major key player IMO. Just what she knew, only time will tell.
I would not want to be in her shoes when this breaks open. Her statement was bold and she will be put on the stand and drilled why she said it.

Hmmm, I agree, I think there is a lot that JA ain't saying til she's on the stand, and it could be pretty powerful, and not in the best interest of BC.

Back to my old theory that NC's date to paint with JA was a cover so she could bolt with the kids.

This is all theory just like relativity.

From the outside, like me, the neighborhood seems to be in the mindset of knowing everything about everyone (Sorry Caryites). It may be magnified because many also seem to be into running - not jogging - but serious running. I think maybe Jessica was a bit more involved and intune with Nancy because of the serious training and the regimen required to prepare for the half marathons they were both planning to take part in.

raisincharlie, that makes a lot of sense.

Mom,

CyberPro

So facing the back end of the car one side had dropped approx 2". It was held close to the tail end by the other bolt?, but no way could there have been 3 others in it. The holes just would not line up.

What reason could this tag be missing a bolt. I found it highly unusual.

Hmmm, I agree, I think there is a lot that JA ain't saying til she's on the stand, and it could be pretty powerful, and not in the best interest of BC.

Back to my old theory that NC's date to paint with JA was a cover so she could bolt with the kids.

I really hadn't thought of that! I do think that she may have had a plan to go soon. But if she was going to bolt that day, then she may have tried to take some things with her. That may have given her away. Interesting theory.

She didn't have the passports for the girls or I would agree this might be the reason.

My sister lives in a neighborhood like that, everyone jogs together and bikes together...you form tight friendships and do a lot of talking. It's really quite nice.

Onescout

I do think there was a plan to leave. I think Nancy knew it was just time to move on and be done with it - let the chips fall where they may. I also believe this plan was finalized with her family during her vacation time with them shortly before her death.

What I am unclear of was the timeline in which it was to transpire. For some reason, I don't think it was the weekend she went missing, not sure why, maybe just because of the organization it would take for her to do so. Seems it might have been easier to accomplish while Brad was at work. Pack clothes for the little ones etc. I'm still stewing on though.

I really hadn't thought of that! I do think that she may have had a plan to go soon. But if she was going to bolt that day, then she may have tried to take some things with her. That may have given her away. Interesting theory.

maybe she was at the point of when you bolt, you bolt light, and I think she had help at the border.

I wonder why BC's tag was hanging with only 1 bolt a couple of weeks ago if it is held on with a bolt?

Because that's the car he used to dump the body, and took the plate off to go undetected! :eek:

:silenced:
fran

ehhh,......just a guess? a question? ehhh....speculation? :angel:

maybe she was at the point of when you bolt, you bolt light, and I think she had help at the border.

Lots of places in Montana one could slip across the border pretty easy and you end up in Alberta - a few hours drive to Edmonton. Easy enough to do in an SUV.

Because that's the car he used to dump the body, and took the plate off to go undetected! :eek:

fran

You know Fran....we have been focused on the SUV and not seen or mentioned much about his car. How do you just lose a bolt to your tag? His license tags have been fishy if you ask me.

Remove to go undetected like you said..or took it off to clean it at the carwash and dropped the bolt in the drain.:D Maybe...IDK

Onescout

I do think there was a plan to leave. I think Nancy knew it was just time to move on and be done with it - let the chips fall where they may. I also believe this plan was finalized with her family during her vacation time with them shortly before her death.

What I am unclear of was the timeline in which it was to transpire. For some reason, I don't think it was the weekend she went missing, not sure why, maybe just because of the organization it would take for her to do so. Seems it might have been easier to accomplish while Brad was at work. Pack clothes for the little ones etc. I'm still stewing on though.

Maybe the clothes were packed and over at JA's house.
I don't know, all just conjecture, but a real strong gut feeling that she was ready to go.
SOmetime I'll post my theory (which I posted earlier) on the theory board so I don't clog up the works here.
I could take a few lines from everyone here and bet it gets pretty darn close to the truth.
Sooner or later it's all bound to "come out in the wash"...

Hmmmm........good theory, I really hadn't thought that. But, on the other hand, maybe Jessica knows MUCH MORE about what went on BEHIND those closed doors at the COOPER residence.

LOL, betcha' Brad is sweatin' it. He's probably trying to find a way to blame Jessica. ;)

JMHO
fran

Guess what is done is done, huh Brad!? :slap:

Sleep tight!:p

fran

annnnd..BINGO was his name-o!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics